• Manchester City

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
Arsenal_Gunners

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
I am sh1tting myself already
Will Rooney be on fire?
Will our defense be deal with Manu strike force?
Will Eduardo,RVP or Sagna be able to play?
Will D&D start?
Will Ade bother to turn up?
sh1t

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Ask anyone how boring Pool used to play under Benitez. :|

The end justifies the means.
Well, we have played a bit more defensive football in the past. In the past, it was justificable since we had a much weaker side, and it was way getting too frustrating in previous season and to certain extent this season as well.
If Liverpool go on to play like this in the future, I would be gutted since we have a very strong side, no less than anyone and we have NO reason to fear anybody.
But yeah, the end justifies the means. After all it's the trophies which glitter in the cabinet.

But for god sake, this was the same team that won at Anfield. Surely a team winning at Anfield should go with far more positivity in their next European Away Game. No?

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Well, we have played a bit more defensive football in the past. In the past, it was justificable since we had a much weaker side, and it was way getting too frustrating in previous season and to certain extent this season as well.
If Liverpool go on to play like this in the future, I would be gutted since we have a very strong side, no less than anyone and we have NO reason to fear anybody.
But yeah, the end justifies the means. After all it's the trophies which glitter in the cabinet.

But for god sake, this was the same team that won at Anfield. Surely a team winning at Anfield should go with far more positivity in their next European Away Game. No?

With all due respect, Barca are a class apart from Pool. Bayern got hammered by them and Bayern are not a weak team either. Lots of teams have been dismantled at the Nou Camp this season.

Now just think, with this background in mind and with a Right-Back playing at LB against Messi, without proper wingers and without Carvalho at the back, was it realistically possible to play an attacking game against Barca on their home turf? An away goal would have been a bonus, but not conceding to them was a higher priority.

At Stamford Bridge, we will NOT sit back coz we know exactly what we have to do - score a goal, prevent them from scoring or score more than them. And another thing - the pitch at SB is much smaller than the one at the Nou Camp. That further reduces the possibility of Barca playing their expansive football, whereas we are pretty used to playing on a pitch of that size.

Also, Ashley Cole will be back. Seeing how Bosingwa marked Messi out of the game, Cole couldn't possibly do worse than him. And with Cole coming back, Bos will switch to his customary RB position, thus giving us width on both flanks.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Well I am not saying Chelsea should have gone all out attacking. That would have been foolish. But the fact is that they only focused on stopping Barca. They hardly counter-attacked, crossed, or did anything like that. Imagine, if Cech would have been in poor form what would have happened?
Knowing Barca, I feel when they are defensively denied [which to your lot credit you did], and they are counter attacked[which you lot didn't do], they are far more susceptible to be defeated.
I feel if Chelsea would have reasonably attacked , they could just have drawn 1-1.
Now you lot go at Home, with lot of pressure and tension of the away goal.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Well I am not saying Chelsea should have gone all out attacking. That would have been foolish. But the fact is that they only focused on stopping Barca. They hardly counter-attacked, crossed, or did anything like that. Imagine, if Cech would have been in poor form what would have happened?
Knowing Barca, I feel when they are defensively denied [which to your lot credit you did], and they are counter attacked[which you lot didn't do], they are far more susceptible to be defeated.
I feel if Chelsea would have reasonably attacked , they could just have drawn 1-1.
Now you lot go at Home, with lot of pressure and tension of the away goal.

We couldn't counter-attack coz we kept losing possession of the ball! :p

Heck, after being 3-1 up against Pool, the way we started the 2nd leg at The Bridge was appalling!! I'd take the tension of getting a result over it any day!

Rahim

Married!
:iverpool_Fan is trying to spread a FUD with that draw. Chelsea are in a far stronger position. The result smacked Barca in their cute faces of how to play with a game-plan and not just start going at each other as they have done in the past. Now the pressure is on Barca to beat Chelsea at the Helm of the Blues, contrary to what Liverpool_Fan is prophecing. He is trying to point out the flaw with that result. Just imagine his posts had Chelsea lost 2-0 :D with Messi dancing around. He should stick to his 'zonal-marking'.
Its quite a simple logic. Barca have to do what they cant in their strong-hold Camp Nou, that is to win or a goal-scoring draw. Do you think it would be THAT easy to come to Stanford Bridge and win? If you do, then you are the optimistic fan in the world and the team you support is lucky.
"Apne ghar mein kutta bhi sher hota hai" :)

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Come guys (digitized) Chelsea didnt have to beat Barca at Nou Camp and a draw is great comsidering Chelsea was billed as a weak team who would collapse with the passing of tiny trios of barca. Good work Chelsea and dare i say its gonna be a reapeat of alst year in The Final :oops:
I just saw 20 minutes last night and i was delighted to see ballack taking the responsiblity in his deep line position.

Bujhlam Rahim vai.;-)

Rahim

Married!
Barcelona's biggest strength is their attack-relentless, while Chelsea's is defense as well as attack. Chelsea know when to defend and when to attack. You cannot say the same about Barcelona. They only know one-way traffic. For all those fans who dont like defensive football, defense is a part of Football :p Its as important as attacking and requires more intelligence and decision. It reminds me of jxcess comments about "score" or "no score" :D

Who will kill Bill?

iinfi

mekalodu
cech had a nervy start and improved as the game progressed. everyone stuck to the game plan didnt try anything adventurous. if i was neutral i wud v gone to bed whn the clock struck 60 mins as it was a boring affair nevertheless. lets c wat the tactician in Guss Hiddink can do.

the crucial difference between the 4-2 win three years back and the clash next week is that crucial red-card to our star striker which ensured the PSV's goal machine was on the pitch to ensure the assist of the tournament to Gudi and Tiago was in the right place to assist Duffy and Joey was in the right place to cut back across and Lamps to pounce on the rebound. 3 goals in 17 stunning minutes. unfortunately thats now history and the crucial red-card eludes the second leg this year.
had Didi n ******* been sent off in the dying minutes of the game it was definitely CL win for Chelsea this year.
i will keep my bashing of the starred man for next week.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
:iverpool_Fan is trying to spread a FUD with that draw. Chelsea are in a far stronger position. The result smacked Barca in their cute faces of how to play with a game-plan and not just start going at each other as they have done in the past. Now the pressure is on Barca to beat Chelsea at the Helm of the Blues, contrary to what Liverpool_Fan is prophecing. He is trying to point out the flaw with that result. Just imagine his posts had Chelsea lost 2-0 :D with Messi dancing around. He should stick to his 'zonal-marking'.
Its quite a simple logic. Barca have to do what they cant in their strong-hold Camp Nou, that is to win or a goal-scoring draw. Do you think it would be THAT easy to come to Stanford Bridge and win? If you do, then you are the optimistic fan in the world and the team you support is lucky.
"Apne ghar mein kutta bhi sher hota hai" :)
Ya I have been paid by 1337 Barca hax0rs to spread FUD among Chelsea fans so that they become negative at Stanford bridge. :rolleyes:
And OMG I didn't know wins come automatically at your home stadium. OMG You show me the light.
And BTW, away goals don't matter right? :oops:

abyss88

Broken In
butterflies running in your stomachs??..i know how it feels,hehe...in fact rats,cats and elephants too are running in arsenal and united fans:p

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Barcelona's biggest strength is their attack-relentless, while Chelsea's is defense as well as attack. Chelsea know when to defend and when to attack. You cannot say the same about Barcelona. They only know one-way traffic. For all those fans who dont like defensive football, defense is a part of Football :p Its as important as attacking and requires more intelligence and decision. It reminds me of jxcess comments about "score" or "no score" :D

Who will kill Bill?

Dude. There is difference b/w defensive football and NO football.
But And I was not aware Barca had no defenders. :p

Ever saw serie A? Ever saw Milan play the CL in their helm. Now that's what I call defensive football.

Top Bottom