• Real Madrid

• A.C. Milan

• Liverpool

• Manchester City

Results are only viewable after voting.

red_devil

Back!
Giggs wins PFA player of the year

Premier League team of the year: Edwin Van der Sar, Glen Johnson, Rio Ferdinand, Nemanja Vidic, Patrice Evra, Ashley Young, Steven Gerrard, Ryan Giggs, Cristiano Ronaldo, Nicolas Anelka, Fernando Torres.

More...

Glad Giggs won the PFA but no Rooney in the PL 11 ?? :shocked:

Baker

Albicelestes
real madrid won............
it is only a 4 point difference between barca and real..

and barca has to visit madrid next week..............

things getting hard for barca..........

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
Giggs wins PFA player of the year

Premier League team of the year: Edwin Van der Sar, Glen Johnson, Rio Ferdinand, Nemanja Vidic, Patrice Evra, Ashley Young, Steven Gerrard, Ryan Giggs, Cristiano Ronaldo, Nicolas Anelka, Fernando Torres.

More...

Glad Giggs won the PFA but no Rooney in the PL 11 ?? :shocked:
The PFA Player of the year award is sh!t. Gerrard should've won it. :|

abyss88

Broken In
real madrid won............
it is only a 4 point difference between barca and real..

and barca has to visit madrid next week..............

things getting hard for barca..........

:razz: there are still some games to play...even if we and MAD-RID were equal on points(we wouldnt let that happen)..we'd still win on goals:lol:..but i must say that there isnt a football match in europe that can match the rivalry and excitement of EL CLASSICO!!

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
:razz: there are still some games to play...even if we and MAD-RID were equal on points(we wouldnt let that happen)..we'd still win on goals:lol:..
I thought in the Spanish League, when teams are tied on points, the order is decided on basis of head to head rather than GD...Isn't it? So if Real get a good win....you never know.

but i must say that there isnt a football match in europe that can match the rivalry and excitement of EL CLASSICO!!
I think the Old Firm rivalry between Celtic and Rangers is probably THE biggest rivalry in terms of mutual hatred, but yeah in terms of glamour "El Classico"would prevail.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
:razz: there are still some games to play...even if we and MAD-RID were equal on points(we wouldnt let that happen)..we'd still win on goals:lol:..but i must say that there isnt a football match in europe that can match the rivalry and excitement of EL CLASSICO!!

Not on GD, but on head-to-head between the two teams on the same no. of points. :p

Some other local derbies you might like to watch:

Inter v Milan
Lazio v Roma (always a hot-tempered affair)
Celtic v Rangers

Lots more are there.. :)

Baker

Albicelestes
^^
it is a stupid rule i feel............ , the decision should be based on GD...

any way cant wait for UCL......
come on blues.......

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
^ ^ ^ No, I think it's better than GD. A team can improve its GD by hammering the weaker teams even though it might get beaten narrowly by the stronger teams. But when 2 teams are tied on the same number of points, their head-to-head results provide a better picture about the relative superiority of one team over the other.

Rahim

Married!
Giggs winning The PFA Award :shock: So how much did United pay to get it :D This award shows a bias towards the 'old wine'. They should have taken a leaf out of our Bollywood team to make a special category to award Giggs just for the sake of honouring him. Vidic or gerrard should have got it and why the hell Rio features in that list:?: Just look at the 2 goals scored by Spurs and at both times Rio does nothing. Then why is he called as one the best defenders in Europe? Just bcoz he plays for United and was bought for 30 M sterlings? Vidic baby-sits him all day :p

This is disgusting.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Juergen Klinsmann sacked.

*www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/apr/27/jurgen-klinsmann-sacked-bayern-munich

TBHI am not really surprised. It was only a matter of time.

Rahim

Married!
^TBH he should not be made a scapegoat.:-x What about the talented super-starts donning that shirt? They are the real culprits. It is easy to blame one person and replace him than to change the whole team.

Last edited:

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
^ ^ ^ But Klinsmann must shoulder most of the blame. He had no previous experience of managing at club level methinks. He had only managed Germany, albeit successfully. Looking at his transfers, I thought he was trying to assemble the whole German national squad at bayern!! Klose & Borowski were brought in by Klinsi and he also tried to get hold of Mario Gomez!! Also, he seemed to be tactically naive as shown more recently by Wolfsburg, Barca and so many others.

But then again, it's the players who have to perform on the pitch. :p

Rahim

Married!
^By that logic the blame should entirely go to Bekenbuer & Hoeness(spelling mistkes :D). They were the ones who appoinyed him in the first place.

OP
Arsenal_Gunners

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
Amy Lawrence writes about the rivalry between The Arsenal and United
*www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/apr/26/arsenal-manchester-united-champions-league

red_devil

Back!
Giggs getting the PFA award is more sort of a life "time achievement award" .. and Rio is english and thus their bias towards him...i mean he didn't play half the games this season 'cos of one injury or the other and whenever he did, Vidic was better...and add to it those crucial goals he [vidic] scores... but its all gotta do with that bullock Rio's nationality.

<but then i'm also surprised why Rooney was not chosen for the 11... he's way better than Anelka>

and Klinsman guy could now replace sparky at Man City ... <..or is Roman interested ?..>

Top Bottom