• Arsenal

• Real Madrid

• A.C. Milan

• Liverpool

• Manchester City

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
or is it some kinda face saving ploy by Guus....if he succeeds at Chlesea, he stays coz of fan pressure/something like that and if he fails to get Chelsea to the top 4 of PL then he quits, claiming he was only there as an interim appointment :p]
Could be :D

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Hiddink is one of the best tacticians in the world. Scolari was very rigid - same formation against every team. Hiddink is the polar opposite. He is a game coach. who can alter the course of a match through tactics and substitutions. Although he is old, most Chelsea fans would have preferred him to take the job full-time instead of Rijkaard, Mancini et al. Well, at least until Zola+Clarke decide to come home. :D

The Bison is back in action in the reserves

There was good news from the training field on Wednesday as Michael Essien took part in his first group session since sustaining a serious knee injury in September.

The Ghanaian ruptured his anterior cruciate ligament on international duty in the early stages of this season, and has since been working hard on the lonely road to recovery, mainly with rehabilitation physio Thierry Laurent.

Having recently undertaken some physical ball work outside at Cobham, today was the first opportunity for Essien, 26, to join in with his team-mates, albeit in a non-contact session lacking many of the first team squad due to their own international commitments.

Yeah baby!!! :D

Last edited:

Rahim

Married!
Good to see Essien back and Hiddink as Chelsea's coach is SUPERB as he is one of the most lovable manager all over the world :p

The Richest Club List
List in full

1. Real Madrid, Spain, €365.8 million :p
2. Manchester United, England, €324.8 million. :D (Deal with Sahara on the cards)
3. Barcelona, Spain, €308.8 million.
4. Bayern Munich, Germany, €295.3 million.
5. Chelsea, England, €268.9 million. ;)
6. Arsenal, England, €264.4 million.
7. Liverpool, England, €210.9 million.
8. AC Milan, Italy, €209.5 million.
9. AS Roma, Italy, €175.4 million.
10. Inter Milan, Italy, €172.9 million.
11. Juventus, Italy, €167.5 million.
12. Lyon, France, €155.7 million.
13. Schalke, Germany, €148.4 million.
14. Tottenham, England, €145 million. :x
15. Hamburg, Germany, 127.9 million.
16. Marseille, France, €126.8 million.
17. Newcastle, England, €125.6 million.
18. Stuttgart, Germany, €111.5 million.
19. Fenerbahce, Turkey, €111.3 million.
20. Manchester City, England, €104 million. :eek: (Shouldnt Man City be the richest club in the world after the takeover?) :confused:

Source

Last edited:

red_devil

Back!
Ancelotti: I'm going nowhere

CARLO ANCELOTTI has told Chelsea to forget about trying to lure him to Stamford Bridge.

hmmm...this means by the end of the season there will be 2 saga's that will be keenly watched...
Ronaldo - Madrid saga and
WHO WILL BE CHELSEA's NEXT FULL TIME MANAGER :lol:

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
5th is not so bad considering how over-paid some of our squad members are. :D

ManCity will get nowhere near the top until they compete in the CL. That's where all the money is.

red_devil

Back!
CL's got all the money ?? how ?

do teams get money for *just* qualifying for CL ?? or do they have to make it past the group stages or something like that ??

>i have no idea about all the money involved in CL...someone please take time and explain<

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Here's an old news item from the 2006/07 season detailing the earnings:

As far as fixed sums were concerned. each club received a participation premium of €2m. The surplus revenue generated over and above the expected revenue saw each club receive an extra €1m. Each club also received €400,000 per group match played, totalling €2.4m per club. Group victories were worth €600,000, and each draw €300,000.

The 16 teams that reached the first knockout round received a bonus of €2.2m each. Another €2.5m was earned by each of the eight quarter-finalists, and the four semi-finalists each received €3m. For winning the UEFA Champions League final, AC Milan received €7m, while the runners-up Liverpool FC received €4m. The figures do not include income from match ticket sales.

Milan received the biggest amount for the UEFA Champions League season (€39.59m), followed by Chelsea FC (€34.66m) and Liverpool (€32.22m).

*www.uefa.com/uefa/keytopics/kind=16384/newsid=559777.html

It should give a rough idea about the kind of money that clubs receive in the CL and UEFA Cup. The payments have risen significantly over the next two seasons. :D

tuxybuzz

Ballack Junior
ok Iam here after a long time..but these richest things are based on the total revenue..not the amount of money a club is possessing at the moment..so even if manchester city have the maximum money they dont have maximum revenue(atleast not yet)..

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
So, Roman Abramovich has lost interest in Chelsea, eh?

*static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Sport/Pix/pictures/2009/2/12/1234477093560/Guus-Hiddink-first-day-at-001.jpg

:D

red_devil

Back!
^ oh look, the two of them aren't looking face to face and have even turned away from one another and GH looks like he's yelling at Roman ... its only time before GH and Roman part ways :D :D :D

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
I'm man utd fan!!! Man utd fans may be in for a treat this season..... we are in agood position in all competitions!!! Or it may all go horribly wrong... Its very tight at the top!!! Let hope we win!!!! :D

Its damn close at the top and at the bottom as well!!!! Relegation struggle in the EPL is heating up as well!!! :D

red_devil

Back!
PHIL SCOLARI launched a blistering attack on Chelsea’s players just days before he was axed as Stamford Bridge boss.

The Brazilian claimed he had lost faith with the Blues’ squad and singled out Didier Drogba for criticism.

Speaking to France Football Magazine five days before he was sacked, Scolari also took a swipe at chairman Roman Abramovich for failing to secure the services of Robinho, who joined Manchester City from Real Madrid in a £32million deal last summer.

Scolari said: “At Chelsea we don't have the player who can make the difference by himself by producing something magical on the pitch.

"We miss that. In the past, Arjen Robben was at Chelsea and he could make the difference. But now there is no one.

"Robinho could have been this player. He is not afraid to dribble, to take a risk. As a Brazilian, I like this.

“My team isn't Brazilian enough. It is a 'bureaucratic' team. That's the style of my players. That's why Robinho would have done a lot of good for the team.

"With my squad it's very difficult to play with Drogba and Anelka up front. I don't have the players to play on the wings in a 4-4-2 system.

“Salomon Kalou can play on the wing in a 4-3-3 but not in a 4-4-2 because he doesn't defend well enough.

"With Anelka and Drogba at the front, who would play on the left? And in the middle?

“If we played 4-4-2 we would lose the battle in midfield. So, I have to choose between Anelka and Drogba.

"Drogba lacks a lot of confidence at the moment. After two or three big injuries, he is missing something. Drogba doesn't have enough confidence, so I choose Anelka."

is it a mere co-incidence or are these interviews purposely published after someone gets the sack ?? apparently the interview was given 5 days before the sack then why didn't they put this up back then ?

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
It's a bit long, but worth a read. :D

'Right, gentlemen, my name is Guus! That Guus with a 'Hrrgggggghhhhhh'. You have to pretend that you are bringing up phlegm into your mouth before schpitting, so you English boys should have no trouble pronounsching it.

'The firsht thing to shay ish that I will not put up with a divided dresshing-room sho Drogba, here'sh a big claw hammer - if you could smack a hole through those bitsh of plashterboard and then at leasht we can all shee each other. Thank you Drogba.

'Now, let me give each of you a bit of advische about what I expect from you. Peter Cech... do I call you Petta?... I think you need to lose weight. You are a heavy Petta. And lose the orange jersey. It never won anything in my time.'

'Bosingwa, my monobrowed friend. Do not leave your studmarksh in the backsh of any more opponentsh.
'Ashley, no more autobiographiesh sho we are taking your crayons away.

'JT, no more complaintsh about how bad your back feelsh or we'll let Bosingwa loose on it.
'Alex, Ivanovic, Mancienne, Carvalho... I don't rate you much, so I'm bring back Micky Droy.
'Deco... here's a Thomson's holiday brochure... read it.

'John Obi One-Kenobe... when we shay we want you to be our Makalele we mean in terms of protecting the back four and not in terms of not hitting cow's arshe with a banjo.
'Malouda... what can I say my little Cul-de-Sac King. You make Shaun Wright-Phillips look like a visionary.

'Herr Ballack... you are a quality midfielder, perhaps the most gifted all round player the Premiership has seen. There is however an obscure Dutch word for you - Ballacksadaishical. Pull your finger out.

'Lampsh, Fat Frank, in the wordsh of K.C and the ShunShine Band, pleash don't go.
'Kalou... Salomen Hasungotta Kalou... you are sho poor Middleshbrough have shown an interest in having you on loan.

'Quareshma, get your coat...
'And finally, you two. Mishter Drogba and Mishter Anelka. Are you listening to me, Nicolash? Right, take off your mittensh, take off your shlippersh, put down your cigar and get out of that armchair! Thank you.

'Now Drogba, shtop crying and give me your mobile.... what? Of course Jose won't talk to you, he'sh busy with hish new friends Luish and Zschlatan... there, there. Now who wantsh to be shentre-forward... No, you can't both be... Shtop shoving each other or I'll play Kalou upfront on his own!... ALL RIGHT EVERYONE CALM DOWN! It was just a little Dutch joke.

'Okay, here'sh what I'm going to do. The firsht person to give me twenty pressh-upsh get'sh to be my shentral shtriker.
'Oh dear. Neither of you can manage it? I heard Big Phil's training was a lidl bit gentle but this is ridiculous.'

:lol:

Top Bottom