Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
Arsenal_Gunners

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
Read the link.

Here is more
The sun said:
ITALIAN riot police showed no mercy last night as they battered Manchester United fans in Rome.
Officers used truncheons and tear gas on the Brits — in some of the most shocking football riot scenes in recent years.
Cops wearing helmets and
protective armour rained down blow after blow on fallen fans.
One officer was seen smashing his baton down on one supporter TEN times. Another cop also hit the sprawling fan twice.
Another United fan needed two friends to help him stand up.
His face covered in blood, he looked dazed and confused — staggering as he got to his feet.
Earlier Reds supporters were hurt in clashes with Roma’s notorious Ultra fans around the city
At least 18 Brits were taken to hospital, with two kept in overnight. Many suffered knife wounds. Two Roma fans were also treated.
In the Stadio Olimpico for the Champions League quarter-final first leg match, goading from both sets of fans seemed to trigger the violence. An estimated 4,000 United supporters took their seats two hours early and rival supporters began throwing missiles before the kick-off.
Tension returned after United midfielder Paul Scholes was sent off shortly after the half-hour mark.
It escalated when Roma scored in the 44th minute with both sets of fans throwing missiles at each other across a Perspex barrier.
Roma yobs were allowed to run riot as cops looked on. The thugs charged the barrier to jeer and shout insults at Reds fans. The cops — who were all on the Brits’ side of the partition — did not try to stop them. They steamed in only when the English started retaliating.
When Wayne Rooney equalised in the 60th minute, missiles were lobbed by Roma yobs.
The Italians rallied to the barrier to smash their fists against it.
Announcements threatened to halt the match, which Roma won 2-1. United fans were kept in the ground for 90 minutes after the game.
TV analyst David Platt, the former England captain, slammed the brutality. He said: “You can’t condone what the Italian police are doing.
supporters battered to the ground
“It’s one thing stopping any trouble — but they are fuelling the fire because they are fighting.”
United fan Stuart Gallagher, 29, fled the ground when cops attacked.
The electrician from Hemel Hempstead, Herts, at the game with girlfriend Debbie Rogers, 23, said: “The police just wanted trouble. They were really psyched up.“

One girl got pushed by cops down a flight of steps. As she lay on concrete, they hit her on the chest with batons — they were animals.”
Before the game, Sun photographer Jim Clarke became a victim as he tried to photograph the clashes. Jim, 45, was booted in the stomach by one thug — and then had £4,000 worth of camera equipment stolen by a masked gang.
The yobs wielded huge sticks and wrapped belts around their knuckles as they ripped the equipment from the Sun man’s neck. Jim said: “I thought I was going to be battered. I really feared for my safety.”
Fan Kerry Davies, 30, added: “Before the game we were attacked by Roma fans with machetes and knives — but police tear-gassed us.”
Fans heading home early this morning told of their experiences.
Jermaine Ward, 18, from Manchester, had cuts on his head and face. Speaking at Rome airport he said: “The police beat me just because I was standing in an aisle. They smashed me seven times on the head.”
Joe Leishman, 33, who had an arm in a sling, said: “Four cops whacked me with batons. It was shocking.”
United had posted a warning on their website this week, instructing fans to avoid certain areas of the city and not to use the city’s metro.
David Taylor, whose tour company First Option took 2,000 fans to the game, said: “Every time we come to Rome the same thing happens.”
UEFA announced they will hold an inquiry.

Last edited:
OP
Arsenal_Gunners

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
*images.thesun.co.uk/picture/0,,2007151449,00.jpg
*images.thesun.co.uk/picture/0,,2007151451,00.jpg

MANCHESTER UNITED have slammed Italian police for their treatment of away fans last night.

United officials watched in shock as their 4,000-strong travelling support was attacked by riot police during Roma’s 2-1 Champions League win at the Stadio Olimpico.

A club statement read: “The disturbing scenes witnessed in the Stadio Olimpico last night shocked everyone at Old Trafford.

“In what the club views as a serious over-reaction, local police handed out indiscriminate beatings to United supporters.

“In those circumstances neither Manchester United, nor AS Roma, is able to call the police to account.

“As a result the club warmly welcomes the government examination of the incidents and will collect witness statements from fans to submit to the Home Office.”

The Home Office have confirmed they will gather information from all relevant sources before deciding whether to approach UEFA about their concerns.
Source:The sun

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
Worst Performance by Tottenham

They played like pillars attached to the ground.
Both teams were sluggish to the core.
Even in the final 15 minutes, Tottenham sucked big time.
It looked like a match that was fixed.
No Lennon, Berbatov or Keane in the starting lineup
And a defence that was sleeping for the first 85 minutes (Rocha's tackle on Drogba was the only good tackle in the entire match)

And finally they will lose the UEFA Cup to Sevilla too at White Hart Lane

Worst Player of the day - Pascal Chimbonda

OP
Arsenal_Gunners

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
Manu fans prepare for defeat:p

Looooooooooool own goal Loooooooooooool:D:D:D:D:D2-0 :p:p
GO CHELSEA KICK THEM FOR US:twisted:

Like arsenal ManUre lost:DUnlike arsenal they didnt deserve to win.They played badly:D
Great work David James:p

techtronic said:
I hope Tottenham today beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge :D
and Man U win against Portsmouth :cool:
So it really went the other way round:p

Last edited: