The definitive Xbox discussion thread | Don't troll

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
Titanfall is for Xbone, xbox 360 and pc. So its a microsoft exclusive. :p

The conference lived upto the hype. What say guys?? Did it suck in delivering games?? I honestly don't think so. :)

What about ya!!!!

The defining game for me was MGS5 . Man it was truly next-gen stuff.

Actually, nothing made me pull my hairs with excitement liek ACII did back in the day. But got excited about The Witcher 3 and FM5 (maybe because of real-life Mac P1).

cyborg47

Technomancer
Titanfall is for Xbone, xbox 360 and pc. So its a microsoft exclusive. :p

The conference lived upto the hype. What say guys?? Did it suck in delivering games?? I honestly don't think so. :)

What about ya!!!!

The defining game for me was MGS5 . Man it was truly next-gen stuff.

It was great, it was going to be. Like I said earlier, people were only unhappy of the first reveal, which MS totally deserved.

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
It was great, it was going to be. Like I said earlier, people were only unhappy of the first reveal, which MS totally deserved.

Yup i remember that. You were indeed right.

Ok see ya in the Sony thread for the exclusive reveal of PS4!!!!!!!!!

Man i'm excited.:hyper:

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
There's a new slimmer model of xbox 360 unveiled at first. I had kind of missed it. It looks cool. :)

Last edited:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Microsoft delays Xbox One launch in Asia by a whole year, forgets to even mention Japan :facepalm:

Microsoft delays Xbox One launch in Asia by a whole year, forgets to even mention Japan
If you thought November 2013 was too long to wait, bear a thought for Asian gamers who will apparently have to wait those six months, plus an additional twelve, to pick up their Xbox One. According to Alan Bowman, Microsoft's Regional VP for Sales and Marketing in Asia, the new console will launch in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, South Korea and India around late 2014. (Note the lack of Japan on that list, we're still checking with Microsoft on that.) These are all regions that have been marked as gaming high-growth areas by Microsoft -- the VP added that the Xbox 360 became the top-selling console in Asia this year. The company's also pointed to its next-generation Kinect sensor, one that will work in "dramatically reduced" room spaces and, according Bowman, will be better attuned to Asian gamers who might not have living room space in their homes.

cyborg47

Technomancer
Just when I thought Microsoft was trying to redeem themselves, Sony comes in and slaps them. Poor MS :p

Last edited:

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
So I deiced to watch every single direct live before commenting on each compnay's performances.

Over here, Microsoft, EA and Ubi are relevant so:

EA's display was interesting, although not at all exciting. They seem to have copied concepts from Drive Club for their NFS: Rivals game. The new EA Sports engine is pretty good and I especially liked how various animations integrate with each other to create seamless transitions. Also nice was the new collision system being used in EA's UFC game. BF4 was just like BF3 but with better destructive environments and a new commander mode. Otherwise gameplay was almost identical. Satisfactory but not impressive. Visuals only felt slightly improved on the PC version.

Ubisoft had a better showing than EA. Even their cacing game The Crew seems to copy concepts from Drive Club. I didn't like the new Splinter Cell, although the new Rayman was awesome. Their Mighty Quest for Loot looks like a very, very interesting concept and I would like to see more of it in action. The new Rocksmith is decent too. The biggest negative was their tie-up with microshaft for that "Rabbids Invasion was a completely lame-arse concept, and does not really work as they described it would.

I found it easier to forget most of Microsoft's E3 instead of torturing myself with their BS. All I can say is that M$ has already implicitly announced that they don't care about markets outside the US anymore. It doesn't matter that the opening of the conference was done by Kojima and MGS5. Forza Motorsport was meh. The AI is ridiculous and nothing new honestly- machine learning AI have existed for many years now, although it may be the first time for a game to implement it in this scale and depth. The forced cloud integration sucks arse. Why the **** would I want my console to play on behalf of me and ruin my statistics? Their smartglass feature is also rubbish- all of that can be achieved without smartglass. All you need to do is develop the applications for mobile platforms. The Xbox version of BF4 looks graphically identical to Battlefield 3. Ryse Son of Rome was crappy. The animations are not at all seamless and you basically have glorified action sequences. Even though they have most of the employees of the former Vigil Games, they dont seem to have taken much advantage of their capabilities.

Personally, now I'm convinced that I'm not getting an Xbox. Maybe after it drops to $299, multiple successive lawsuits (at least in Europe) get the anti-consumer policies removed and the game region lock is removed, I might consider buying it, but I doubt that. Now I'm thinking of getting a Wii U after the Sony disappointment.

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
E3 2013: Microsoft press conference review

Every analysis about their press conference is here.

XBOX ONE VS PS4, WHO WON THE E3?

This part made a ton of sense and kind of backs my own comments made about Microsoft's exclusives:

You see, consoles are after all about games, and Microsoft delivered completely on that regard yesterday. They had an impressive showing, with Ryse from Crytek, Forza Motorsport 5 from Turn 10 and Dead Rising 3 from Capcom all looking great, plus quite a few surprises as well, such as Sunset Overdrive from Insomniac Games (the makers of Ratchet & Clank and Resistance series, which is a direct blow to Sony), Crimson Dragon from Panzer Dragoon/Phantom Dust creator, and most of all the comeback of Killer Instinct from Rare. There were also a couple of teasers for Halo 5 and the new Black Tusk game, plus Quantum Break which is still a mystery to me, but I can’t really fault Remedy’s track record: I have faith the game will deliver.

Unfortunately, Sony couldn’t quite match the surprise. They had a quick montage of Killzone: Shadow Fall, Drive Club, Knack and Infamous: Second Son, confirming that the first three will be launching with the console later this year, but Infamous was perhaps the most interesting of them and it got delayed to Q1 2014. Sure, there was some great Square Enix stuff for those who love JRPGs with the Kingdom Hearts 3 announcement, but I was never much of a genre fan to be honest.
What was left, then? The Order 1886, developed by Ready at Dawn. This looks like it could be really interesting, but it was just teased.
Overall, I am much more confused after the conferences than I thought I could be; Microsoft and Sony traded blows like fighters in a death-like match, but it is far from over, unlike some may think. In fact, expect many more announcements and surprises in the upcoming months, especially during Gamescom.

MS on Xbox One:Here's why you'll need to be online

How many people actually buy his comments? I don't think he was transparent enough.

Last edited:

cyborg47

Technomancer
Microsoft: "Don't have an internet connection? stick with xbox 360" LOL!

[youtube]5yC8FbgGnd0[/youtube]

Top Bottom