The definitive Xbox discussion thread | Don't troll

heidi2521

Padawan
The ×1 having yield problems has been confirmed as truthfact.

TRUTHFACT: MS having eSRAM yield problems on Xbox One, RUMOR: downclocking GPU - NeoGAF

Xbox One DRM has a 'lot of advantages', says Microsoft - VideoGamer.com

The ×1 DRM has "lots of advantages" according to Microsoft.

I guess they will be revealed at E3.

*www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=61413053&postcount=361

I mentioned the other day that I was hearing rumors of Microsoft throwing around a considerable amount of money to have publishers only show games on the Xbox One during E3. Most people dismissed my admittedly flakey news as 'that's what always happens.'

I've talked to more people since then though and this isn't the usual jostling for publishers on stage that happens at E3. Microsoft is throwing BIG money around to reverse course on idea that they aren't a games console. The rumors are that PS4 versions of multiplats, by those who do take the money, won't be shown AT ALL. Not on stage and not on the show floor.

I don't feel bad for Sony because business is business. I'm sure they will find a way to have a decent show... or they will have to recover afterwards. That's not really my concern.

Now, there's no need to take my word on this if you don't want to. But do keep an eye on E3 next week. With them buying up everything in sight and now potentially cutting an open roundtable out(to assumedly talk one on one with friendly press) and word that finding multiplat games on the ps4 on the show floor will be much harder than anticipated.... just keep an eye on it. Maybe my sources are wrong. But I feel confident enough in this info to share it.

I'm not saying to jump to conclusions. I'm just saying it may be something to keep an eye on.

famousmortimer has accurately leaked stuff earlier.

This is pure bullshit. But resorting to cheap(not in the monetary sense) tactics is not alien Microsoft.

cyborg47

Technomancer
This is what happens, when you fake your products.

*www.gameranx.com/updates/id/15240/...on-one-interviews-with-xbox-executives-at-e3/

Last edited:

heidi2521

Padawan
Xbox One: Details on Connectivity, Licensing and Privacy Features

If I get it right it means:

1. We can trade games only at participating retailers.
2. The console will need to be connected to the internet every 24 hours to verify that the games you paid for are yours
3. You can't let your friends borrow your game.
4. You can't sell your game to your friends unless they have been on your friends list for 30 days after which they can't do anything about it.
5. Upto 10 people can play your game at any time.

Edit: Just noticed this part

Trade-in and resell your disc-based games: Today, some gamers choose to sell their old disc-based games back for cash and credit. We designed Xbox One so game publishers can enable you to trade in your games at participating retailers. Microsoft does not charge a platform fee to retailers, publishers, or consumers for enabling transfer of these games.

So it is an opt in system in which game pubs can decide whether you get to sell your games at all?

With the recent PRISM leak, I don't think I can trust the Xbones always on Kinect at all.

You can get it to stop listening to your commands and reacting to your gestures but can't unplug it and have the ×1 still run? Something is amiss. For games that don't require it you can unplug the Sensor Bar/PS Eye on the Wii,Wii U, PS3 & PS4 at least.

Xbox One: Angry Rant Pt. 2

Angry Joe nails it.

Last edited:
OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

Trade-in and resell your disc-based games: Today, some gamers choose to sell their old disc-based games back for cash and credit. We designed Xbox One so game publishers can enable you to trade in your games at participating retailers. Microsoft does not charge a platform fee to retailers, publishers, or consumers for enabling transfer of these games.

Give your games to friends: Xbox One is designed so game publishers can enable you to give your disc-based games to your friends. There are no fees charged as part of these transfers. There are two requirements: you can only give them to people who have been on your friends list for at least 30 days and each game can only be given once.

This sums up all of their policies. What do you think guys?

cyborg47

Technomancer
Sounds more like a damage control announcement than an actual feature. Why can't I give my game to more than one person? :|

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
Angry Joe's daman. He hella funny. I completely trust his views on things.

Xbox One: Angry Rant Pt. 2

Angry Joe nails it.

Laughing my f***ing arse off is what I'm doing at 1.50! *www.sherv.net/cm/emo/laughing/laughing-hard-smiley-emoticon.gif

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor

This sums up all of their policies. What do you think guys?

Not really. They've left it to the publisher to decide. Read quote no. 1. By default you can't but if the publisher says yes, then you can.

And it's arse that you can only give it to one friend (not borrow) and he has to be on your friends list for at least 30 days. What if not all my friends use Xbox live? Oh wait you need an internet connection to use the console.

And by their statements is seems that you can't get it back from your friend. Microsoft is good at writing dodgy statements.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
Not really. They've left it to the publisher to decide. Read quote no. 1. By default you can't but if the publisher says yes, then you can.

And it's arse that you can only give it to one friend (not borrow) and he has to be on your friends list for at least 30 days. What if not all my friends use Xbox live? Oh wait you need an internet connection to use the console.

And by their statements is seems that you can't get it back from your friend. Microsoft is good at writing dodgy statements.

Their second point supports their first one pretty well. It means you can give it to your friend and your friend cant give it to anyone else (which inturn cuts your chances of selling and reselling.)

cyborg47

Technomancer
Microsoft killed Xbox. Period.

Its worse than that. They're so influential, that the idiotic xbone policies can fck up the entire industry.

Microsoft kills game ownership and expects us to smile • Opinions • Xbox One • Eurogamer.net

Its kinda funny though, when people in that article point out that Steam and Origin do the same, they get downvoted. In the end, people will move on I guess.

Last edited:

cyborg47

Technomancer
busted!! :p

Microsoft Has Hired People To Make Positive Comments About Xbox One On Reddit, Contractor Says | Business Insider Australia

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Xbox One - The Facts

The publishers will decide the used game policies of third party titles. All Microsoft published titles will allow rental services.
Actually according to Microsoft, they don't view the game as a physical copy, but a piece of code. So they kind of have a licensing tied to the game code.

This access is granted only to the first user and if sold or transferred to a new user, then publishers of that game only have the power to change the license to the new user. Microsoft has no direct role here.
How Microsoft will implement these services remain to be seen. Perhaps all game stores will have a license change counter or something.

This feature although tedious and useless, people will eventually move on. And the console has to be connected once in 24 hrs in order to play games, i.e it needs to call home once a day.
Kinect is not a compulsory device for games that don't need it. It can be turned off and isn't tied to the system.

Microsoft has more exclusives to announce after E3

Last edited:
OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

Read it carefully. Its not that bad in the long run. Publishers will be forced to allow second hand sales, or else they'll be boycotted. Microsoft has no decision power here.

Shares at Gamestop is increasing.

GameStop shares rise after Xbox One reports

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Opinion: Xbox One policy is a lovely marriage proposal to big corporations

Polygon's Chris Plante said:
It's aggressively anti-consumer and anti-middle class, and it outright ignores underprivileged gamers. It's gross, despicable, greedy, pathetic, cowardly and out of touch with a growing global resentment for corporations.

But you guys can ignore this link. After all, Polygon is on M$'s payroll and they will bow down to their unholy ma$ter Steve Ballmer :rolleyes:

Links from neogaf

BBC News - Xbox One: Microsoft defends pre-owned games rules
Why gamers hate the Xbox One - TECH.BLORGE.com
Microsoft, Reveals Xbox One Details, It's Mostly All Bad News | Complex
Xbox One kills game ownership, here's what Xbox fans say - Destructoid
Microsoft kills game ownership and expects us to smile • Opinions • Xbox One • Eurogamer.net
Microsoft Confirms Gamers' Fears Over Xbox One - Forbes
Microsoft's Shortsighted Approach Might Have Already Killed Xbox One - Forbes
The Xbox One Might Let Sony's PS4 Win By Default - Forbes
An Xbox One DRM Breakdown - Giant Bomb
The Xbox One Just Had A Very Bad Day
When Will Gamers Say Enough Is Enough?
Microsoft confirms insane Xbox One DRM | Lazygamer .:: The Worlds Best Video Game News ::.
Indie retailers desperate for Xbox One pre-owned answers | Games industry news | MCV
Publishers quiet over Xbox One pre-owned intentions | Games industry news | MCV
Xbox One and the corporate war against consumers | Metro News
Xbox One: It's Made For Publishers, Not For You - NowGamer
Microsoft Xbox One: No Internet? Big Problem | Will Greenwald | PCMag.com
Used Games, Borrowed Games, and the Xbox One | TechnoBuffalo
Xbox One: Unless Microsoft Changes Their Policies, I'm Out | TechnoBuffalo
Xbox One 'always online': What does it mean for gamers? | News | TechRadar
Xbox One will force gamers to stay online after all - TechSpot
Has Microsoft Already Ruined the Xbox One? | Tech Biz
Press Start: Xbox One requires daily net connection, Titanfall from Respawn revealed and more | Technology | guardian.co.uk
Microsoft’s Xbox One: Owning Your Video Games Is So 1994 - Corporate Intelligence - WSJ
Microsoft’s Xbox One Used Games Policies Are Clear as Mud | TIME.com
Xbox One: the record is broken, long live the record | VG247
Xbox One: 10 Shocking Things You Won't Believe » Page 10 of 10
The PA Report - My Internet connection is fine, Microsoft. I’m worried about yours

Read it carefully. Its not that bad in the long run. Publishers will be forced to allow second hand sales, or else they'll be boycotted. Microsoft has no decision power here.

Shares at Gamestop is increasing.

GameStop shares rise after Xbox One reports

Since when did you start believing what Pachterdamus has to say?

Top Bottom