The Death of UIQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikhilpai

Techans
UIQ is dead

Source: *www.gsmarena.com/uiq_is_going_nowhere_sony_ericsson_are_done_with_it-news-640.php

@dreamcatcher: I guess u can stop dreaming about Hecaro now :))

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Not surprising. UIQ was a dead man walking anyway.

However only Sony Ericsson has said this till now. Motorola doesn't seem to have any plans to let go of it yet. Although with just Motorola supporting it, it is as good as dead.

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
^^^

ooh yeas...

a random guy in his house nuts abt a phone brand who is a member of n no of SE fanboi sites against a international website abt all phones......

the odds are pretty against you... :lol:

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
ooh yeas...

a random guy in his house nuts abt a phone brand who is a member of n no of SE fanboi sites against a international website abt all phones......

the odds are pretty against you... :lol:

i never said that Hicaru will be UIQ. ;)
I wont say anything, just see as it unfolds.As for UIQ, its dead and it was decided the day Paris and Bilbei were camcelled.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
you guys should wait and watch.. ;)
its dead because its the end. that's the past.
SE is moving into the future.

unlike N guys who still stick to the S60 or S100 whatever Sxyz
seriously, nokia should improve the interface to give apple some serious some competition and make more sexier and slim phones.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Refresh your memory a bit. This link will help u do it :)

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=863825&postcount=67

It was initially UIQ but SE changed it after they scrapped the OS. A phone is under devolopment and has been tested with many OS's and been figured with many prototypes.Its quite obvious that the finl product will not always be the one we predict it to be.

magneticme200

In the zone
dnt say tht...
coz uiq is one of the most classy and feature filled os for phones tht i hv come across...
i had a nokia 6708 (not many ppl knw this phne) 3 yrs back, its a uiq based phne...

it was such a futuristic phne....i ll brief u with one or two of its features..

it had an inbuilt sms and call spammer/blocker (which evn till nw, is nt available fr free)....also it had was a drawing sftwre...(like the one whch motorola is promoting thse days in one of its phnes..)

and many mre,,,,

it shud nt die plssssss..........

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Hikaru will be S60.Many S50 devices up for grabs in the year 2009.SE will switch to S60,WM and probably Android.
Also, A300 will be developed which will end the difference between the smartphone, non-smartphone saga. A300 will bring the SE feature range to a different level with touchscreens and more codec support.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
UIQ was a excellent platform but developed my IDIOTS hence it failed...

still if u take UIQ based phones are faster than thier symbian counterparts.. and uiq is really efficient.. but do keep in mind ... its the same SE now as it was before... so if that hicaro is anything... dont speculate too much before anything shows up...

OP
N

nikhilpai

Techans
@dreamcatcher: Good news for you.

The Hikaru is finally surfacing.
Source: *www.techtree.com/India/Techtree_Notes/Sony_Ericssons_8MP_full_touch_phone/551-94488-889.html

Note: The image shown in the news article is a mock image

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom