The Dark Knight Rises

digitfan

Right Off the Assembly Line
Oh $hit!! that name is an abomination. Do you even realize that the movie is possibly the $hittiest comic book movie ever?

I know very well what i say as i choose my words carefully.Do you realize that i only said bane not the "entire movie".Bane there was similar to the comic books.

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Batman & robin bane was far better in visual effects.

You have got to be kidding me...this movie was an example of how NOT to use CGI in movies...it was so damn cheesy..it almost ruined the batman franchise...

I know very well what i say as i choose my words carefully.Do you realize that i only said bane not the "entire movie".Bane there was similar to the comic books.

erm Agreed bane was a bit more accurate in terms of how he was created with the poison but again i don't understand how it made it a more telling story than TDKR...the plot still sucked in it...you have to look at the overall story here...He still managed to make us believe in this..than the batman & robin's bane..like the dialogues-poison ivy- "EXIT BANE" & BANE says "EXIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTT"!!wtf was that seriously..

A bit offtopic here but xmen first class wass riddled with mistakes in terms of plot...nowhere close to the comic books even with characters yet people still liked the overall story..

digitfan

erm Agreed bane was a bit more accurate in terms of how he was created
Yes thats it i meant this only.I dont know why you people are dragging the entire movie when i just refered to banes appearance only.I am not at all telling that movie was good or bad.I just said bane there was similar to the comic book one.

cyborg47

Technomancer

Doesn't matter, Bane and everything else in the movie sucked balls. I'd suggest you go refer to the Knightfall comics, Bane isn't some puppet, hez a badass strategist, smart and strong, not an animal like portrayed in B&R. Why do you even need any visual effects when the Bane in TDKR was portrayed so perfectly?

Is anybody can tell where can I purchase batman comics online?

Like the hard copy? Try flipkart ;)

You have got to be kidding me...this movie was an example of how NOT to use CGI in movies...it was so damn cheesy..it almost ruined the batman franchise...

True, it ruined the franchise so bad that WB silently rebooted it with Batman Begins with very little marketing, even though it was a success.

Yes thats it i meant this only.I dont know why you people are dragging the entire movie when i just refered to banes appearance only.I am not at all telling that movie was good or bad.I just said bane there was similar to the comic book one.

Visuals aren't the only important thing, TDKR isn't a marvel movie to make things just for kids.

cyborg47

Technomancer
Its already out :p
And it looks suuuper gorgeous on a big screen. Nolan wasn't kidding when he said the traditional film is better than digital.

cyborg47

Technomancer
What do you think the smiley was for?

Here's a snap of one of the IMAX shots..

*sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/223999_3971144517494_36825332_n.jpg

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
As cyborg said there are many robins.Read the comics you will understand.Cartoon is a bit different.But i would prefer comics anyday than TDKR.Bane is a strong character needed a lot of special effects to create bane thats why to cut costs he was made to wear a stupid mask and his story was slightly altered.

Nolan created TDK Trilogy very grounded , quite realistic , unlike other superhero movies that are made , but more like Crime-thriller which make you think . To include many of the comic book elements , it would have not worked in rises because of the more grounded nature of the trilogy. I think Bane was perfect the way he was portrayed in the movie.

BTW, to the talk of John Blake as Batman , JGL while a brilliant actor , in no way looks like batman but he may be suited for Robin or Nightwing

rider

as Kratos
What do you think the smiley was for?

Here's a snap of one of the IMAX shots..

*sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/223999_3971144517494_36825332_n.jpg

Batman comics : Online Shopping in India - Buy Books, Mobiles, Cameras, Laptops, Watches, Apparels, Baby Care Products and Other Products Online at Flipkart.com

Suggest me which one should I read first in paperbacks?

digitfan

I'd suggest you go refer to the Knightfall comics, Bane isn't some puppet, hez a badass strategist, smart and strong, not an animal like portrayed in B&R. Why do you even need any visual effects when the Bane in TDKR was portrayed so perfectly?
TDKR isn't a marvel movie to make things just for kids.
If you are referring to the avengers then i would say it was not only for kids it was for all.A complete entertaining movie.Which is true.
I dont understand why are you dragging the film again yes it was the worst batman ever but the character creation was good.I have read Nightfall.
By the way bane has not been portrayed here perfectly.Like you said he is smart and strong.He is not the type of a guy who got beaten by 100's of inmates of an unknown jail.Infact he was the strongest of them all.Thats why he survived the venom test.
Now here we have a jaw broken bane who dont know for what reason wears a mask.Can he atleast here eat through his mouth?Or how the hell he gets all those steroids energy?These things were completely neglected.

cyborg47

Technomancer
If you are referring to the avengers then i would say it was not only for kids it was for all.A complete entertaining movie.Which is true.
I dont understand why are you dragging the film again yes it was the worst batman ever but the character creation was good.I have read Nightfall.
By the way bane has not been portrayed here perfectly.Like you said he is smart and strong.He is not the type of a guy who got beaten by 100's of inmates of an unknown jail.Infact he was the strongest of them all.Thats why he survived the venom test.
Now here we have a jaw broken bane who dont know for what reason wears a mask.Can he atleast here eat through his mouth?Or how the hell he gets all those steroids energy?These things were completely neglected.

More of a family movie yeah, I enjoyed it too, but forgot about it as soon as I stepped out of the theater.

I'm making a point over there, if you think I'm dragging it again, simply ignore the movie part :)
What part of character creation was good? Bane turning into a mindless beast who doesn't speak anything but shout out his name repeatedly, that portrayal was an insult to the original Bane. everything(including the character creation, bane's looks and acting were dumb and terrible). Taking artistic liberties is fine, but pushing them so hard that it becomes completely characterless is wrong, both Batman movies by Schumacher prove that, he even apologized for those movies.

Now here we have a jaw broken bane who dont know for what reason wears a mask.

He was hurt in the pit because he was trying to save the child from the other inmates, and that's very heroic of him. The reason he wears the mask? the prison doctor helps him with his injury, using a mask that supplies some kind of compound keeping the pain at bay, next time pay attention when you're watching a movie :)

how the hell he gets all those steroids energy?
He was trained by Ra's Al Ghul, the same frigging man who trained Batman, and more over, Bane was considered too extreme to Ra's and eventually getting himself excommunicated from the LoS, and remember what Alfred says about Bane? "Any man who is too extreme for Ra's Al Ghul is not to be trifled with." It wasn't steroids, it was skill. Again, pay attention when you're watching a movie :)

You know what, complaining about a movie is fine, as long as a little common sense is used. And Never complain about Nolan's movies without second thought :p The two Batman movies by Nolan set up a certain realism in them and creating a character that's 8 foot tall, bulked up like hulk and survives on venom would be really stupid and completely destroys the essence of the movie. You are way too focused on the looks of the character, Bane in TDKR is possible the best portrayal in the movies., Intelligent, master strategist just like or better than Batman, strong, menacing voice and humor...everything was perfect about him.

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

I agree with cyborg47 here. Bane's portrayal in terms of appearance and dialogue delivery is more realistic and believable in TDR. I'm really beginning to think
that you haven't watched the movie or didn't watch it that seriously. It's not your average superhero movie mate. Read below :

Coming back to bane, he wears that mask because it sort of acts as a painkiller to suppress pain in his jaws due to severe injuries inflicted on him whilst rescuing young talia from the rabid jail inmates. The jail doctor mended most of it but could not restrict the pain.
Eventually, when he was rescued by LoS, Ra's must have given him that high-tech mask which acts a pain killer to keep the pain at bay. Now not only this eased him of his jaw pain but to some extent, made his entire body impervious to pain allowing him to train extra harder & gain those amazing combat skills (CQC) he pulls off in the movie which even batman fails to match most of the time.

He gets defeated when batman's vicious elbow strikes partially damaged the mask making him feel pain again, after which all of batman's strikes had effect on bane.

So i guess this plot surrounding bane sounds more believable than any other.

Last edited:

cyborg47

Technomancer
BTW, to the talk of John Blake as Batman , JGL while a brilliant actor , in no way looks like batman but he may be suited for Robin or Nightwing

Yeah I saw that news too..not sure what to say about it. On one side, JGL is a great actor, and on the the other side, he'z playing batman..kinda worries me.

digitfan

next time pay attention when you're watching a movie :)
Never complain about Nolan's movies without second thought :p

I paid attention thats why the reason they gave seemed to be vague.Ok mask acts as a pain killer.But still how does he eats as from the movie we can make out that he never removes his mask.To maintain those muscles atleast he needs to eat too.

As for nolan no personal offence but he looks like srk & karan johar. casting same actors in almost every film.

Top Bottom