The Complete Smartphone Buyer's Guide

Whatever brand of Android phone you buy you will get only 3 years of OS upgrade and 4 years of Security updates.

For Google pixel its 3 years of OS and 5 years of Security updates.

I would choose Moto over Samsung for Vanilla and smooth UI experience with no bloatwares
Samsung says hi. S22 series, A53 & A73 will get 4 OS updates, so till android 16.

true_lies

Ambassador of Buzz
I purchased S20FE 5G for my uncle at 26k. Android 13 being its last OS update is the only con, else a good phone. OS updates don't add much theses days IMO.
Had considered it earlier, but for a 2 year old device, IDK.
I would choose Moto over Samsung for Vanilla and smooth UI experience with no bloatwares
As much as I like vanilla and having that on my 2 previous phones, I am willing to try One UI

Anyway will be trying out the phones at the store tomorrow and see

true_lies

Ambassador of Buzz
Bought the S20 FE for 27K.
At the Reliance Digital Store A52s was not available, deal was online only. With the Edge 30 the sales rep were not sure on the pricing, 25K online store price and 28K in store price for same config and they were flip flopping on the deal/discount.
Went into the Samsung store right next to them and bought the S20 FE. Looked the better deal at that point. Will update with pics and short review later, but so far I'm happy with the purchase.

hot1994

Right off the assembly line
Buying a new phone for my father cant decide between Samsung s21 fe and oneplus 10r. My whole family has oneplus except for my dad i had bought op 9r after op3 was bit disappointed so i am a bit skeptical about 10r. getting 10r for 30-31k on amazon and s21 is on croma for 32k after card discount (flipkart not delivering to my address). my father will be shifting from mi note 4. samsung is not providing charger and case. also is croma trustworthy.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Yes but that's still something they could explain, as you said, reducing bulk.

But removing 4k60 recording in 2022 for a 30+k smartphone is unacceptable.

You don't know the lengths to which these OEMs will go to remove functionality to differentiate lower priced phones from their "flagships".

Anyone has any experience with Nothing phones though? Are they proper OP successor?
In terms of hype, yes. Otherwise, no.

Sent from my moto g82 5G using Tapatalk

OrrBitt

Broken In
I have a Samsung Galaxy M21 2021 which I bought last year. The screen is great, but the phone heats up a lot. During summer, it would reach 44 degrees. Even at present, it stays near 34 - 35 degrees and turning on the camera pushes it to 37 - 38 degrees easily. On top of that, a recent problem I'm facing is the battery discharging too much, something like 15% or so overnight without any use. Maybe a factory reset would solve the problem but I'm not so sure.

The F23 5G is available for Rs. 13500 at present on Flipkart, and I'm getting Rs. 5500 in exchange for the M21. The F23 has a special cooling technology as advertised. It has a Snapdragon 750G processor compared to the M21's Exynos 9611. It has EMMC storage, which is slower than UFS, but does this affect normal usage, like switching between apps? I don't play games, I just use the phone for calling, whatsapp, and browsing.

The F23 has 25W charging compared to the M21's 18W (I find even the 18W charging to be slow, like with the previous 10W phones). It doesn't have a charger, so I'd have to buy a separate charger. The F23 has a TFT display but users are saying it looks good enough. The display is not much of a concern for me.

Keeping the above points in mind, especially the heating and battery drain issue of the M21, would you recommend that I switch to the F23?

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
I have a Samsung Galaxy M21 2021 which I bought last year. The screen is great, but the phone heats up a lot. During summer, it would reach 44 degrees. Even at present, it stays near 34 - 35 degrees and turning on the camera pushes it to 37 - 38 degrees easily. On top of that, a recent problem I'm facing is the battery discharging too much, something like 15% or so overnight without any use. Maybe a factory reset would solve the problem but I'm not so sure.

The F23 5G is available for Rs. 13500 at present on Flipkart, and I'm getting Rs. 5500 in exchange for the M21. The F23 has a special cooling technology as advertised. It has a Snapdragon 750G processor compared to the M21's Exynos 9611. It has EMMC storage, which is slower than UFS, but does this affect normal usage, like switching between apps? I don't play games, I just use the phone for calling, whatsapp, and browsing.

The F23 has 25W charging compared to the M21's 18W (I find even the 18W charging to be slow, like with the previous 10W phones). It doesn't have a charger, so I'd have to buy a separate charger. The F23 has a TFT display but users are saying it looks good enough. The display is not much of a concern for me.

Keeping the above points in mind, especially the heating and battery drain issue of the M21, would you recommend that I switch to the F23?
F23 doesn't have Ambient and Proximity sensors. Keep that in mind.

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
What's wrong with one plus? My brother is just planning to buy one plus nord 2T 5G

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Adding to what @SaiyanGoku said, Software updates have been slow and buggy. I am scared of updating my Oneplus 7T to Android 11 after hearing the horror stories on the oneplus forum. Android 12 update still not released. And there have been cases if Nord series phones exploding.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Adding to what @SaiyanGoku said, Software updates have been slow and buggy. I am scared of updating my Oneplus 7T to Android 11 after hearing the horror stories on the oneplus forum. Android 12 update still not released. And there have been cases if Nord series phones exploding.
They used to be Oppo phones with clean Oxygen OS and had good value. Now, they are just Oppo phones with Oneplus logo.
Well. How the mighty have fallen. Used to be my most favourite brand. Down to earth, good value for money and power user friendly because of warranty coverage even for unlocked bootloaders. Now they are just another flagship company and that's not even counting all the s*** Oppo's doing.

Top Bottom