The Complete Smartphone Buyer's Guide

andy_65_in

Padawan
With media rumours that bthe Govt plans to kill all chinese phones in the entry level zone ie below 30 K...the competition might hot up with indian makers

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Aren't Indian brand smartphones just rebranded Chinese phones? There are no Indian "makers" since India does not have manufacturing facilities for smartphones. All of them are made in China and just rebranded and sold here.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Can anyone suggest car charger adapter?
Requirement : max 33 watts and min 10 watt
1 USB or 2 USB both will do.
Budget not decided.

There is only one USB port near dashboard but I think it's 10 watt max.

Does all car charger have same dimensions? New to this thing.

Last edited:

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Budget not decided.

Anyone?

Budget not decided.

You can easily add a fast charger to a 12V car port.

*www.amazon.in/boAt-Qualcomm-Protection-Universal-Compatibility/dp/B096S9PW3B/
This should suffice with 18W + 24W ports, not sure if it will run at those max rated power together.

It will not fast charge BBK's phone at max speed because those don't use industry-wide standards, heck, even Apple uses USB PD. BBK phones will be limited to 10W.

andy_65_in

Padawan
which phone 5G can i buy to replace samsung M 21 in a similar budget(max 16 K with exchange)..if 5G services get availible?are samsung 5g models ok?

which phone 5G can i buy to replace samsung M 21 in a similar budget(max 16 K with exchange)..if 5G services get availible?are samsung 5g models ok?
Samsung M52 5G goes on sale for 20k, so cheaper with exchange. A good Samsung 5G phone.

Else Samsung F23 5G or Moto G71 5G:
Compare Samsung Galaxy F23 vs. Samsung Galaxy M52 5G vs. Motorola Moto G71 5G - GSMArena.com
F23's TFT is similar to IPS LCD, so not as bad as TFT moniker might seem.

true_lies

Ambassador of Buzz
Buying a new phone for myself, 25K - 30K max. Currently looking at Motorola Edge 30 and Samsung A52s, but really can't decide between the 2.
I do prefer Vanilla android UI but not a necessity. But regular updates (Android & Security) are necessary for me as would be using for at least 3 or more years.
Both are of almost similar specs with A52s being priced 3k more and is also older than the Edge 30. Is the 3K more worth it. Will get the 6/128 config.
Buying locally from Reliance Digital store as they have offers on HDFC CC.

I purchased S20FE 5G for my uncle at 26k. Android 13 being its last OS update is the only con, else a good phone. OS updates don't add much theses days IMO.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I purchased S20FE 5G for my uncle at 26k. Android 13 being its last OS update is the only con, else a good phone. OS updates don't add much theses days IMO.
No root, no app installs outside of playstore & no shady app installs from playstore. This is more than enough in my experience to avoid any android malware.
@true_lies

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Buying a new phone for myself, 25K - 30K max. Currently looking at Motorola Edge 30 and Samsung A52s, but really can't decide between the 2.
I do prefer Vanilla android UI but not a necessity. But regular updates (Android & Security) are necessary for me as would be using for at least 3 or more years.
Both are of almost similar specs with A52s being priced 3k more and is also older than the Edge 30. Is the 3K more worth it. Will get the 6/128 config.
Buying locally from Reliance Digital store as they have offers on HDFC CC.
Whatever brand of Android phone you buy you will get only 3 years of OS upgrade and 4 years of Security updates.

For Google pixel its 3 years of OS and 5 years of Security updates.

I would choose Moto over Samsung for Vanilla and smooth UI experience with no bloatwares

Top Bottom