The Complete Smartphone Buyer's Guide

Agreed rog phone has to work on camera.
And what phones take the cake between the 25k -40k bracket other than the Samsung A series. Does the LG wing has anything going for it now that it is 27k?
iQoo 7 seems to be a good all-rounder at 32k. OP 9R would have been a great choice at 35k, but has inferior cam to iQoo 7 & even Mi 11X, I think.

For those who want a compact phone, Pixel 4a is a great choice, average battery life & weak SoC for the price are its big cons.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Any opinions on Nord CE? The sale has started today. What do you guys think? It looks good on paper for the price of 23K.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Rebranded realme X9.

I dont prefer oneplus phones due to the decreasing quality, increasing price, fake promises after oneplus 7.
Okk. But on paper it looks better than Samsung M51 and OP Nord. It becomes obvious choice unless Samsung make some price cuts.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Okk. But on paper it looks better than Samsung M51 and OP Nord. It becomes obvious choice unless Samsung make some price cuts.

Yes, I agree to that. It is good for those who want best specs at that price. But for those who want overall good experience, i would not prefer it. Samsung can be bought with good discount during festive sales mostly though.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Yes, I agree to that. It is good for those who want best specs at that price. But for those who want overall good experience, i would not prefer it. Samsung can be bought with good discount during festive sales mostly though.
And one more thing. Realme and OP have different OSes, right? Last time I heard, OP Oxygen UI was better than whatever Realme Oppo Vivo are offering.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
And one more thing. Realme and OP have different OSes, right? Last time I heard, OP Oxygen UI was better than whatever Realme Oppo Vivo are offering.

Yes, Realme uses Realme UI, Oppo uses color OS and Vivo uses Funtouch OS. Funtouch OS is just a crap copy of iOS, Oppo's OS is good but not too smooth, and when my phone got the realmeUI update, not even whatsapp could be used properly, because they rolled out poorly optimised updates.

Oneplus uses oxygen OS which was earlier based on stock android, but now looks like copy of OneUI.

But there is a problem, in china, oneplus has started using oppo's OS in there phone. This trend has higher chances of to be followed in India.

These OEMs do give update for 2 years, but they usually slow the device. Oneplus also gives buggy updates sometimes, eventually leaving device in unusable state.

I have never seen any samsung user complaining about this, thats why i recline towards samsung. There is very less chance of a bug, but they atleast dont heavily slow down the device.

Although apple too slowdown the device through update, but it is not that much that even basic apps like whatsapp stop working properly. Also they do it timely, like after 4 years and not just after 9months(like in my case)

So yeah, Oxygen OS is better than whatever Realme/oppo/vivo give, but is going down the trend.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Yes, Realme uses Realme UI, Oppo uses color OS and Vivo uses Funtouch OS. Funtouch OS is just a crap copy of iOS, Oppo's OS is good but not too smooth, and when my phone got the realmeUI update, not even whatsapp could be used properly, because they rolled out poorly optimised updates.

Oneplus uses oxygen OS which was earlier based on stock android, but now looks like copy of OneUI.

But there is a problem, in china, oneplus has started using oppo's OS in there phone. This trend has higher chances of to be followed in India.

These OEMs do give update for 2 years, but they usually slow the device. Oneplus also gives buggy updates sometimes, eventually leaving device in unusable state.

I have never seen any samsung user complaining about this, thats why i recline towards samsung. There is very less chance of a bug, but they atleast dont heavily slow down the device.

Although apple too slowdown the device through update, but it is not that much that even basic apps like whatsapp stop working properly. Also they do it timely, like after 4 years and not just after 9months(like in my case)

So yeah, Oxygen OS is better than whatever Realme/oppo/vivo give, but is going down the trend.
Thanks for the info!
This is sad. Just one option to buy from is not an option. Sigh.

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
F41 is the same as M31 but with 1 less useless camera at the back. Just a FK edition of M31. Better get M32 now if you can, bit better SoC & newer OS to boot.
Yeah sale starts on 28th as per amazon. But isn't that has been banned as per new ecommerce guidelines?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Haven't read similar, govt rules tagged flash sales because offline retailers complaining that stock goes mostly to these flash sales so offline sales drop significantly.
i think i saw this or something similar
*www.hindustantimes.com/business/no-flash-sale-ban-e-tailers-need-not-worry-101624403934171.html

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Today seems a unlucky day for my phone. After a fall couple of days back my S8+ has developed cracks on display and having yellow colour display today. Took to nearby shop who suggested it is better to buy a new phone. Visited a Samsung shop and saw S20FE 5G. It is being sold at 48K.With a cashback offer can get it for 42K. Is it worth it? 4G version is selling at 38K with no offer

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Today seems a unlucky day for my phone. After a fall couple of days back my S8+ has developed cracks on display and having yellow colour display today. Took to nearby shop who suggested it is better to buy a new phone. Visited a Samsung shop and saw S20FE 5G. It is being sold at 48K.With a cashback offer can get it for 42K. Is it worth it? 4G version is selling at 38K with no offer
on amazon it is available for 42k (a 6000 coupon needs to be applied). afaik it is a good phone with good overall experience. as per many, 4g version heats up.

Top Bottom