The Complete Smartphone Buyer's Guide

tkin

Back to school!!
Re: Mobile Buying Guide: March 2013

I am thinking to buy nexus 4 from usa.
Do I have to pay custom duty in india's airport??
If you personally carry it with you(or have someone carry it with him/her), no tax will be levied, make sure to open the seal of the box just in case. Afaik only one item can be carried with a person, further more will be taxed.

kunalht

In the zone

ok...
SO, if my relative take it without box, i haven't to pay tax...
R u sure abt that??
Bcz recently my friend has bought note 2 & he has to pay 7000 rs in mumbai airport............

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

ok...
SO, if my relative take it without box, i haven't to pay tax...
R u sure abt that??
Bcz recently my friend has bought note 2 & he has to pay 7000 rs in mumbai airport............

just take an extra step, carry it in pocket. they won't ask you to turn it on and check if its new or old or if it works. without box, its your daily use mobile.

tkin

Back to school!!

just take an extra step, carry it in pocket. they won't ask you to turn it on and check if its new or old or if it works. without box, its your daily use mobile.
Perfect.

By not considering brands like Micromax or Karbonn, don't you think you are being ignorant of the ground realities ? It's India. People want Paisa Vasool stuff, and these cos. are giving exactly that.

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

By not considering brands like Micromax or Karbonn, don't you think you are being ignorant of the ground realities ? It's India. People want Paisa Vasool stuff, and these cos. are giving exactly that.

i have only listed the Android mobiles from Indian brands. non-android mobiles appear everyday and listing non-Android mobile is simply not possible.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon

Secondly, I dont think people need a guide to buy a feature phone(under 3k)..any phone will serve the purpose

amjath

Human Spambot

What do you guys think of the Gionee Dream D1 ? Pretty slick huh ?

8 mp camera and no full HD recording, also never heard of this brand in India. So what about was after sales service. 18k on that is waste of money

Superayush

Tech lover

When is thing coming to India?
Huawei Ascend G615 - Full phone specifications

If priced correctly I guess it could be new vfm phone under 20k and could give phones like l9 xperia l and micromax canvas hd run for their money :D
Though the processor and GPU seems quite vague -.-

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

If priced correctly I guess it could be new vfm phone under 20k and could give phones like l9 xperia l and micromax canvas hd run for their money :D
Though the processor and GPU seems quite vague -.-

GPU is perfectly capable of handing games at default resolution. Review Huawei Ascend G615 Smartphone

aAdirulz

Broken In

@ALL
Hey guys i need a new n going 1st wid o/s m confused with windows 8 n android (i dont know the basic of windows 8 phone bt like the lumnia 720 n got hands on lumnia 620 bt could not find the what its different from 7.8?)
2nd hardware should above avg ( for now i ll not get into details)
price under 1st make (for me) 10k den go for 15k n den 20k - m confused 2 select my budget bt should be min 15k -m 100% sure

m choice
ANDROID
samsung galaxy advance -14.5k
lg optimus L9 -16.5k
sony xperia p - 18.5k

Windows
Nokia lumnia 720 - 18 ( expected)

plz help me decide which is not only gwd bt best over all package n services in GhY

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

Both Android and Windows Phone are quite different.
Windows Phone has restrictions like no file transfer over Bluetooth etc

For just about everyone going for Android makes more choice. Lot more apps, more flexibility etc.

If you do go for Android get the L9 or the Xperia P. Both are good phones IMO.

nikufellow

In the zone

@ALL
Hey guys i need a new n going 1st wid o/s m confused with windows 8 n android (i dont know the basic of windows 8 phone bt like the lumnia 720 n got hands on lumnia 620 bt could not find the what its different from 7.8?)
2nd hardware should above avg ( for now i ll not get into details)
price under 1st make (for me) 10k den go for 15k n den 20k - m confused 2 select my budget bt should be min 15k -m 100% sure

m choice
ANDROID
samsung galaxy advance -14.5k
lg optimus L9 -16.5k
sony xperia p - 18.5k

Windows
Nokia lumnia 720 - 18 ( expected)

plz help me decide which is not only gwd bt best over all package n services in GhY

Go for l9 even better wait for xperia l (xperia p's battery life is pathetic), haven't read any reviews btw since its from nokias stable 720 should be a good buy too (subject to pricing) if you can live with some inherent limitations of wp8 ecosystem!

Shah

Cyborg Agent

Both Android and Windows Phone are quite different.
Windows Phone has restrictions like no file transfer over Bluetooth etc
AFAIK, WP8 can transfer files via Bluetooth. Only, WP7.x can't do that.

eduku

Amateur techno enthusiast

@ sam

Hasn't the Samsung Galaxy S Advance recently received a JB Update??

Last edited:

Okay guys, almost April. Give me one name under 7K, doesn't matter which brand. The best this money will buy. Thanks !!

Okay guys, almost April. Give me one name under 7K, doesn't matter which brand. The best this money will buy. Thanks !!

Although I am sure there can be nothing good under 7K

Top Bottom