The Blogger's Thread

anmolksharma

Broken In
First of all, you write great man, really. I know that it takes a lot of effort in writing a blog and sometimes we get bland and stale. But you continue to write enthusiastically, which is a very good thing. :)

Regarding content, do you get enough traffic? And may I ask how much traffic per day? Because, usually people refer big tech website like androidauthority or phonearena for mobile, laptop reviews. Hence, if you get enough traffic, then continue with the review part. On else, try writing about "how-to" guide. But make sure you enjoy your work.

Coming to monetization, buy a .Com domain from Godaddy or Hostagator and shift to WordPress. Invest time on On page and Off page SEO as well as backlink building. Then apply for sponsored posts on Ninja outreach or Blogmint.

Some products need exposure in the market, hence companies tend to approach bloggers to advertise it in the form of posts. These type of posts are called sponsored posts.

You can also apply for Google Adsense but in my opinion, it doesn't generate much revenue.

Thanks for the appreciation.

I mostly get around 25-50 views daily. Sometimes it shoots upto 100.

Most visitors to my blog are through google search.

Is it possible to switch to wordpress with same design and settings as I am having with blogger. And before upgrading to custom domain should i migrate to wordpress or that can be done later? What will be the benefit of migrating to wordpress from blogger as such.

Will be great if I could get more info about On page and Off page SEO as well as backlink building.

I had applied for adsense in the past but they have disapproved my account and now it is disabled for applying to adsense as I applied numerous times.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
[MENTION=158131]anmolksharma[/MENTION] :

I don't think if you switch to Wordpress you can get the exact theme which you have in wordpress. But there are a lot of other and better, more professional themes on Wordpress. You can also choose a theme which is Responsive. Your current theme on blogspot isn't responsive, which means it won't scaled down on small screen's like phone and tablet. Responsive theme is a must in this age.

Advantage of Wordpress in my opinion are mostly these:
1. More professional platform
2. Many professional themes
3. Greater choices of extensions and plugins (like Jetpack, which is one of excellent plugins)
4. Greater customization abilities (design of your site/blog)
5. Excellent support (since most professional choose wordpress)

Domain are a totally different aspect and doesn't rely on your choice of blogging platform. So it's immaterial. However what does matter is that, once you get your own custom domain, people's perception is going to change on viewing your site. So its better if you migrate to wordpress before you share your new custom domain. In the end though, content matters not where and how it's hosted.

Not much knowledge about On page and Off page SEO, so I would leave them to someone else.

Btw, Added your post in the list.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
So I wrote my experience of installing Windows 10.
Upgrading to Windows 10, the Microsoft’s Comeback | Vineet Kumar

Shah

Cyborg Agent
So.. any new articles written by anyone?
Updates needed.

Well, recently posted this one. Will be useful for Windows Phone developers.

*hameid.net/animate-hubtile-with-the-effect-you-want/

I have been to your blog and I like your writing style. Will you mind reviewing my writing style? I'd be happy to hear suggestions about my writings from you. :)

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Well, thanks, but I didn't come to know what exactly our in my writing skills.

About your writing style: You mainly write programming article, which means most of you articles are technical, where the article are mostly written point wise. This doesn't give much chance for creative style. Thought I observed that most of your articles dives write into the matter without much introduction. While mostly it's good, a person who reached to one of your article after googling, might want to know some background first.
Apart from it, you write articles are detailed enough that it will be beneficial to anyone who needs to have a understanding of the subject. Keep writing.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yea, and apart from the writing style I noticed that your website is pretty plain. There's not even a subscribe button!

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Oh yea, and apart from the writing style I noticed that your website is pretty plain. There's not even a subscribe button!

Same goes for me too. Planning on implementing social sharing buttons along with subscribe button.

Hope you have already been to A Holiday At Lava - Lolegaon - Rishap - Kolakham - Krishnandu Sarkar If not then you give it a read. Would love criticisms.

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Well, thanks, but I didn't come to know what exactly our in my writing skills.

About your writing style: You mainly write programming article, which means most of you articles are technical, where the article are mostly written point wise. This doesn't give much chance for creative style. Thought I observed that most of your articles dives write into the matter without much introduction. While mostly it's good, a person who reached to one of your article after googling, might want to know some background first.
Apart from it, you write articles are detailed enough that it will be beneficial to anyone who needs to have a understanding of the subject. Keep writing.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you. I'll try to include an introduction in my articles hereafter.

Also, I'm looking to add social widgets and subscribe buttons. but, It doesn't go well with the theme. I'll have to try and find a better yet simplistic theme.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Wrote about my experience of buying from Nehru Place a while ago:
Shopping for and Assembling a new desktop PC | Vineet Kumar

satinder

DELHIITE
Not seen getting better paid by blogging other than offers to write and get opportunities.
Big brands only contact you if blog has much fan following.

saikiasunny

Ambassador of Buzz
Started a website cum blog named Desktoprigs.in

And the latest post was Choosing a PC case a short guide

Last edited:

saikiasunny

Ambassador of Buzz
Thanks anorion. Glad you remembered the logo.
What the articles and their content? How can i improve them? any tips

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
most of my feedback has to do with layout, but guess that is the template you are using. would want more text in the intros, smaller buttons or none for sharing.
pay attention to the start of the articles, the bits that is shown on the main page after the titles. This is the "hook" that draws people in, the first few sentences after the title. make those 2-4 line intros are clickbait-y, and considered. Since you know the length that is going to show up on the first page, maybe you can avoid showing discontinued sentences.
your topics are really really good. I would have wanted to steal them if I wrote also :p. they are that good. No real problem with language also, you are using spoken language and not written language, but I like that, because it makes this complex subject matter immediately more familiar.

saikiasunny

Ambassador of Buzz
Thanks for the reply anorion.
I just moved to this theme 2days back so its in the line for change.
And about the intro. You are right, using nice intro is necessary. I really struggle in this area. Any more tips or articles you can link me to for further improvements.
Last, sorrysorry but i didn't get what you were saying about thethe discontinued sentences. Can you explain it again?

blackpearl

The Devil
Dear Digitians,

I'm looking for Indian writers/bloggers who can contribute to my blog on a fairly regular basis. The blog is mostly about offbeat travel destinations and landmarks, but I also write about creative things like art and photography, unusual phenomenon from the natural world, odd events and objects from history, and basically anything that makes me say "wow! that's interesting".

To write about things like these, you don't need to be an expert on the subject, but you must be able to learn quickly.

The qualities that I'm looking for are:
1. A flair for writing, and a good grasp of the English language.
2. A sense of humor, when needed
3. The ability to research a subject well. This is important.
4. The ability to write short but precise articles.

If you think you have these qualities, send me a PM. You will be paid per article.

Thanks

Last edited:
Top Bottom