The Best Web Browsers of 2016

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Looks like Firefox beats Chrome again.

After several years as top dog, Google Chrome has finally been unseated by a familiar favorite that's been quietly rebuilding its appeal over the last several versions.

Despite the increasing prevalence of dedicated apps that bypass them, Web browsers are still central to modern life. The browser is not just a container for and viewer of webpages, but also an enabler of truly active and interactive activities such as messaging and gaming. It's your email reader, your music and video player, and potentially even your video conferencing window. Fortunately, choice in Web browsers is once again growing, after periods of contraction and stagnation.
FEATURED IN THIS ROUNDUP
Mozilla Firefox
Editors' Choice

Firefox can't be beat when it comes to customizability and features. It's also fast, secure, and protects your privacy. It's our Editors' Choice for Web browsers.

Google Chrome

Google's Chrome browser is speedy, includes leading standards support, strong security features, and a clean interface, but it's no longer the fastest browser and it lacks some features found in the competition.

Opera

The Opera browser has some new, unique tricks up its sleeve. Notable recent features include built-in ad blocking and a battery-saver mode.

Microsoft Edge (for Windows 10)

Microsoft's Edge Web browser is getting better and better. It aces the JavaScript benchmarks, has a clean interface, offers good security, and now supports extensions. But it still lacks some features found in more mature browsers.

Vivaldi

Vivaldi brings customizability and geekiness back to the Web browser. It lacks some basic features offered by its more mature competition, but it's fast and fun to use.

Maxthon Cloud Browser

Maxthon bucks the current trend of stripped-down browsers by embracing a rich feature set. It trails the competition in speed and tab implementation, however.

Source: The Best Web Browsers of 2016; Internet - Product

A

amit.tiger12

^maybe you used some speed up technique.
Speedyfox application etc

Or may be your system is brand new.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
I have and use periodically, Firefox,Chrome & Opera both on Windows 10 & Linux platforms.
For me OPERA is the best.

icebags

Technomancer
You better check your installation then.
I have had times when I had 60 tabs open and there was no lag.
This was on a simple HDD, not a SSD.

i dont catche firefox on hdd, its all on ram. dont really like to use hdd when running computer actually.

but when firefix gets slow, i noticed it starts using 50-60% cpu & 4-5GB ram. all i then do is restart it, and it solves the issue.

D@rekills4

In the zone
^maybe you used some speed up technique.
Speedyfox application etc

Or may be your system is brand new.

Nothing really, it's plain stock Firefox with AdBlock installed a year ago.

i dont catche firefox on hdd, its all on ram. dont really like to use hdd when running computer actually.

but when firefix gets slow, i noticed it starts using 50-60% cpu & 4-5GB ram. all i then do is restart it, and it solves the issue.

I would suggest you should check your Firefox installation as well.
I have kept Firefox running for over 72 hours and a shitload of tabs open without any issues.

Highest RAM usage ever of my Firefox was 1.5 GB.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Firefox recently turned into **** recent versions are slow for browsing I find Opera to be much better .

A

amit.tiger12

^Opera's data saving feature is good for mobiles not tried any desktop version.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
I prefer Vivaldi over Opera.

After Opera switched to chromium, it lost all its out of box mouse gestures & other features (images - load - no image/cache image...)

Vivaldi on the other hand is from Opera's ex lead dev., so it has all the features of Opera 11.

My main browser for online payment, BF4 gaming is Chrome. Vivaldi for everything else, such as reddit, tdf, autosport...

icebags

Technomancer
I would suggest you should check your Firefox installation as well.
I have kept Firefox running for over 72 hours and a shitload of tabs open without any issues.

Highest RAM usage ever of my Firefox was 1.5 GB.

lets see, i may reinstall sooner or later.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
lets see, i may reinstall sooner or later.

No need to reinstall. Instead create a new profile and load that.

You can create a new profile by starting Firefox with "firefox -p". This will open a dialog box that allows you to select, create or delete new profiles. Just create a new profile and load Firefox using that. It will then load firefox without any extensions or addons. Check performance after this, if the performance is better that means that one of your extensions must be consuming more memory. You can reinstall your extensions one by one to check which one is to blame.

A

amit.tiger12

^or else go-to c drive>users>"user">app data>Mozilla
In that you find profile delete that profile backup (copy paste) important things like bookmark etc. and open firefox again.
And next time use good uninstaller like revo uninstaller.

Top Bottom