The best software to convert to DivX AVI's from DAT, MPG etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

parthbarot

In the zone
hello
i m parth from gujrat.
i want t tell u the trith that VIRTUAL DUB & FLASKMPEG r the best softs to convert DAT, MPG, MPEG to DivX's AVI.Bcz its free & so simple to use. Dr. DivX is there but its not so good.It not let u perform changes in settings. u can use BITRATE CALC to get exact KBPS & SIZE of file. if u want more then go to my site

www.freeinfonet.tk

theraven

Technomancer
@parthbarot sprry to say ur thread was just a statement .. thats why probably ppl didnt get into it
apart from that this has been done to death
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5225&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
:D
@alib_i go ahead and ask if its not been discussed alreayd :D
ofcourse make a new topic in QnA for it ...
we're here to help
anyways try *www.afterdawn.com
and *www.doom9.org for tutorials

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
hmmm ok
I dont know if its posted earlier...
I hate posting same thing again and again in forum

Q.Is it possible to cut some part ( actually the last few minutes ) of the movie without needing to encode the WHOLE movie again?

Q. Say I have a corrupted avi file. Will reencoding with virtua dub help me fixing the errors?

BTW, i need some softwares for fixing corrupted avi files ..
I know only about DivFix.
any others....

BTW, i need some softwares for fixing corrupted avi files ..
I know only about DivFix.
any others....

I have tried out Avi fix joiner and works really well for fixing corrupt files ... success rate of the software is excellent ... fixed all the avi's till now ... and it requires only a single click ... no complicated options

get it frm *www.fixvideo.com ..!!!

theraven

Technomancer
dunno abt fixing sorry
as for the cuttin part
i use tmpgenc .. so in that theres an option to select the part of the file u wanna encode ... u just enter the start and end frame uw ant to encode. . so thats pretty handy ..
dunno abt virtualdub ... so ill look ard ...
just wait for the experts like i always say ..a nd dun worry this hasnt been posted before :D

sniper

Broken In
Virtual dub is just complicated. either use Dr Divx or Easy divx(freeware)

EasyDivX is an all-in-one DVD backup program (or graphical user interface for other programs) for personal use ONLY. The backup process of your DVD goes in a numbers of steps. The interface is very simple and easy to understand.

Some day your DVD movie disc may damage simply by a scratch. To avoid this you may want to make a backup copy of your movie. It is not allowed by home DVD players to playback the movie direct to VHS recorder, so the picture and sound will often blink and disappear continuously (the protection is named a Macrovision). The backup copies will not become as high quality as the original video of a DVD disc, but it is near and will some day become a replacer of MPEG-2 video (used in DVD movies). EasyDivX uses DivX codec (MPEG-4 video) to make backups. You need to have the DivX codec and PC to play those backups. There are not many home DVD players that will play DivX movies because of copyright issues. Making a DVD backup is not illegal in all countries.

DivX video is used because it makes relatively High Quality and small filesize. It is possible to store your DVD backup in a single CD-R(W) disc. One DVD movie backup will fit i.e. on a single 80min/700Mb CD-R(W) disc.

The goal is to make a all in one program. Which does all the work in once. To only ask relevant questions to the user. Most of the information needed to choose the right settings can be extracted from the DVD. A child of 8 years should be able to back-up a DVD. We know there is a long way to go, but we will keep on working.

EasyDivX supports:
> Original DVD movies PAL/NTSC (no support for music or mini DVD's).
> DivX codecs from 3.11 to 5.x.x.
> Automatical DVD movie lenght finding.
> Decrypting the DVD and copying it to a hard drive.
> Making of a DivX AVI video file.
> MP3 or AC3 audio.
> 1 or 2 CD's (selectable).
> Video resize, Full resolution, Deinterlacing.
> Audio normalizing
> Setting 30 or 60 keyframes / movie.
> BivX (dual audio on one AVI).
> Subtitle ripping (original VOB format).

Standard Version [6.45mb]
> Includes DivX v.5.2.2
-*www.saunalahti.fi/~samilla1/cgi-bin/easydivx/download/download.pl?file=edx0820sta

The Lite Version [3.39 mb]
> No codecs included
-*www.saunalahti.fi/~samilla1/cgi-bin/easydivx/download/download.pl?file=edx0820lit

*netti.nic.fi/~temp/easydivx/082pic.jpg

ShekharPalash

Web Entrepreneur
most of DAT files we found on VCDs are encoded in MPEG format.... so just change the extension from DAT to MPG...

theraven

Technomancer
@alib_i what other questions ?
@shekharprakash .... they arent MOSTLY mpg .. THEY ARE mpg ...
all dats are essentially mpgs
but not exactly mpgs .. they contain a lil more info as blade_runner might clarify later
very few vcds mostly pirated ones have streaming mpgs as dat
which u have to reencode if u want to make a vcd again
when u wanna make a vcd u essentially convert the video to MPG
and then the writing software like nero adds other info and makes it a DAT
just a lil explaination ... but what u said is definitely true
renamin dat to mpg works
infact just drag and drop dat into WMP and it works too
again ... the topic didnt deal with converting dat to mpg ... to make DIVX from dats .... mpgs ... avis .. etc ... not interconversion ...
as for fixing problems .. im not sure what u mean .. but if ur talkin abt those glitches between a movie where it seems like a cd just skipped .. dunno man .. ive never done anything abt it
once i ust tried encoding that file using another codec in virtual dub
then used tmpgenc as usual to get a vcd .. it skipped that part
never used even divfix .. maybe i should try
will let u know

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
these questions ...
Q.Is it possible to cut some part ( actually the last few minutes ) of the movie without needing to encode the WHOLE movie again?

Q. Say I have a corrupted avi file. Will reencoding with virtua dub help me fixing the errors?

but you answered them...
thnx

visvo

Journeyman
can i add few special effects by rejoining the movie or editing some parts ? is it possible in any of the above mention goodies?

sniper

Broken In
No i think for that u need a movie editor, what we have talked about in the earlier posts are basically encoders/splitters/joiners/rippers.

Go to this page page for a list of good movie makers. -*www.divx.com/software/

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
hmmm another great DIVX/Xvid conversion proggy
Gordian knot
here you can put in the exact file size you want too
get it here
Gordian knot

OP
parthbarot

parthbarot

In the zone
hey shekharpalash
dont u no that u r changing the ext of DAT to MPG then u cant open it in FLASKMpeg.....?
it is only renamed.the stream is not converted to mpeg ok?

@visvo
hey visvo
for special effects u can use ulead video studio & some other softs like that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom