City : Hyderabad
Plan Name : unlimited
Speed : 512 Kbps+
Downloads : unlimited
Uploads : Free
Validity : 1 Month
Price : Rs 500/-

Avg Speed : 60KBs+

It works with software 24 hrs online client when u log off while downloading u get speed upto 300kBs

but i have changed to bsnl as my studies r distrubed , i use to spend 12 -16 hrs downloading stuff
movies ,software... i even got rapid premium for those 6 months
now I cant compare speed of that with Bsnl

abhishekkulkarni

Journeyman
cybermanas said:
ISP : Ortel Communications Pvt Ltd.
City : Bhubaneswar
Plan Name : Night Surfer Plus
Speed : 256Kbps
Downloads : 600MB
Price : Rs 255/-
Comments : Usage hours 9 pm to 9 am and 24 hrs on Sundays
Avg Speed : 40Kbps+

Doesn't that sound contradictory ?

The maximum theoretical download speed you can get on a 256 Kilo Bit Per Second line is 32 Kilo Bytes Per Second .

Now you are saying that the average speed is 40 KBps , which means that the speed fluctuates above and below 40 KBps .

Now how can you possibly get a download speed of 40 KBps ? :roll: :roll: :roll:

U

unvisible

hermit said:
SP : Aksh online.
City : Hyderabad
Plan Name : unlimited
Speed : 512 Kbps+
Price : Rs 500/-

Avg Speed : 60KBs+

It works with software 24 hrs online client when u log off while downloading u get speed upto 300kBs

but i have changed to bsnl as my studies r distrubed , i use to spend 12 -16 hrs downloading stuff
movies ,software... i even got rapid premium for those 6 months
now I cant compare speed of that with Bsnl
This scheme is not available now

Only 64kbps packages now :lol:

*aksh.in/TARIFFP1.html

C

cybermanas

abhishekkulkarni said:
cybermanas said:

The maximum theoretical download speed you can get on a 256 Kilo Bit Per Second line is 32 Kilo Bytes Per Second .

Now you are saying that the average speed is 40 KBps , which means that the speed fluctuates above and below 40 KBps .

For ur kind information,today I was getting speeds of 50KBps during downloading.Check my zdnetindia speed test.
*img143.imageshack.us/img143/479/speedtestzdnetindia1tb4if.th.png

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
unvisible said:
movies ,software... i even got rapid premium for those 6 months now I cant compare speed of that with Bsnl

*aksh.in/TARIFFP1.html

see closely.
Night is unlimited in every plan..and speed is upto 512kbps.. ie.. all plans except 64 r fast speed.

U

unvisible

Ricky said:
unvisible said:
movies ,software... i even got rapid premium for those 6 months now I cant compare speed of that with Bsnl

*aksh.in/TARIFFP1.html

see closely.
Night is unlimited in every plan..and speed is upto 512kbps.. ie.. all plans except 64 r fast speed.
Wtf
I have seen it closely
Hermiit mentioned that there are unlimited downloads.But its not.
All plans except 64k are limited .Wtf will i do with 512 kbps speed and 1 GB limit?

shashanktyagi1

Journeyman
daj123 said:
sohummisra said:
It ain't really broadband if it ain't broadband. Whatever. I don't have broadband yet (still dial-up) but I'm looking for comments on MTNL's Tri-Band and BSNL's new schemes.
One word pal - SUCKS!!! My friends have tested both MTNL, BSNL tested their "broadband" connections and they got very LOW speeds ;). Sometimes they used to get speeds equivalent to dial up or less. These guys just dont have ENOUGH infrastructure in place to cope with the demand. Besides they have very bad limits on downloads :(
well bsnl spd are not that bad. i get consistently above 30 kbps which for 250pm is good enough. for 1000 you get around 70-80.

munim2020

Broken In
is there any guys who know of a good wireless internet connection? i live in my college hostel and i can't get any phone line from outside..
right now i am using reliance WLL but i get only 115kbps and it isn't that reliable anyways.

cybermanas said:
abhishekkulkarni said:
cybermanas said:

For ur kind information,today I was getting speeds of 50KBps during downloading.Check my zdnetindia speed test.
*img143.imageshack.us/img143/479/speedtestzdnetindia1tb4if.th.png

thts wht u called zdnetindia.........

then check my speed @zdnetindia........lol

*img451.imageshack.us/img451/2558/untitled3dx.th.jpg

just a trick........

C

cybermanas

@neerajvohra
So if you have no faith in ZDNET India speed tests,check my bandwidthplace.com speed test.

*img300.imageshack.us/img300/9963/screen9mh.th.png

gagandeep89

Broken In
ISP : Airtel
City : Chandigarh
Plan Name : home 999
Speed : 256 Kbps
Price : Rs 999/-

i heard the bigger metros get the same plan for almost half the price
well now u knw the disadvantages of living in the smaller towns
but hey thas the best i can get here
i am downing and uploading as much as 3 gigs+ in one day and well thas ok wid me

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
gagandeep89 said:
ISP : Airtel
City : Chandigarh
Plan Name : home 999
Speed : 256 Kbps
Price : Rs 999/-

i heard the bigger metros get the same plan for almost half the price
well now u knw the disadvantages of living in the smaller towns
but hey thas the best i can get here
i am downing and uploading as much as 3 gigs+ in one day and well thas ok wid me
Hey, is that plan there on the Airtel website? i didn't c it. Its wonderful....if its available in my city, i would get it surely........and Airtel also gives good pings in online games....my friend told me.

bholu

Broken In
Dipen01 said:
16 kbps... :shock: :shock: Rocking man...!!!! i dont feel cheated...I feel unlucky... :twisted:
hey dude i'm still getting 5kbps speed in hathway connection.
what is ideal speed for 64kbps bandwidth???

Mr.Cool

Broken In
The best is me.
Right now i am in a cafe.
But usually i surf Chip from my mobile fone and usually the pages load within 5 secs.
Nice speed considering a mobile to be a very small device though.

I'd say i get a speed of 30kbps surfin speed.

Dipen01

Youngling
bholu said:
Dipen01 said:
16 kbps... :shock: :shock: Rocking man...!!!! i dont feel cheated...I feel unlucky... :twisted:
hey dude i'm still getting 5kbps speed in hathway connection.
what is ideal speed for 64kbps bandwidth???

Well buddy... the ideal speed is 8kbps...but even i was getting only 5 that too in idle time after 1 am... So i changed my Plan to 256 Kbps 8-8 plan.

I was supposed to get around 30 or 25 kbps (32 is ideal)and was getting 8-9 kbs...Pity.....Hathway is SHIT man.....

So i have warned them of leaving thier connection if they donot provide me with good speed and also have kept my connection of March on HOLD to make them aware of this.

Checkout the reply..
Hello Sir,

I am Sorry that even after complaining to hathway your problem is not been solved, i will look in the matter personal level and asure you that your connection will be taken special care that you wont be dispionted here after
it was never notice to be by any one before thanks for mailing me so that i came to know that my customer in bibvewadi has such problem

sir,

i sure you when your plan will re joint in APRIL you will not have any complaint

this is an confarmation that your plan is keep on HOLD for month of March 2006.

HOPE everything turns out better

shravan

Broken In
Did you know Airtel partially supports Sifys national backbone :p. Also, BSNL can't even be considered a competent enough player- slow setup, line problems, impaired connectivity, non existant support, etc. Airtel is India's *only* wired landline service provider besides BSNL.

invisible said:
DOnt apply airtel
browsing and downloading is very slow

I have taken 128kbps UL Rs 699/- and this is what i get
{
1)www.dslreports.com
Welcome to BBR! Run more tests! see forums
2005-11-29 13:25:56 EST: 19 / 35
Your download speed : 19 kbps or 2.4 KB/sec.
Your upload speed is much faster than down.. have you tweaked?
Your upload speed : 35 kbps or 4.4 KB/sec.

2)www.speed.touchtelindia.net
Your current bandwidth reading is:
116.00kbps
Retest
which means you can download at 14.5 KB/sec. from our Network to your last mile provision.
}

The airtel site shows more speed but as per my experience speed is very bad .Only their site shows that speed and all others show very very bad speed.And also the page loading in very slow.
when i download a file with IDM i get 10KB/s (not anywhere nearer to rated 16KB/s)

Best option is SIfy

In sify i used to get 200KB/s speeds for ateast for 2-3 days in a month(sometimes for full month). and also their rated speeds for 256kbps connection used to be exactly 32KB/s .But unfortunately due to some problems i had to disconnect from its service.

My friend has BSNL

for a 256kbps plan he gets 20-24KB/s using IDM which is just ok .But we expect atleast 30KB/s as we are paying for 256kbps and not for 160kbps.

I will rate the ISP in the following order in terms of speed and service
1)Sify
2)BSNL
3)Airtel

Dipen01

Youngling
Its all like we all have some problems or other...Very less people are genuinely satisfied or happy with thier connection...

Hathway...bad..
Airtel...bad..
Sify ...bad.. (read in one of the threads...)

BSNL u need phoneline...so its not feasiible for hostelites... :((

what shuld one do in these conditions..??

himtuna

Journeyman
ISP: Tata Indicom Broadband
City: Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, etc
Specific Areas: .....
Plan Name: Explore 1000
Speed Offered: 256kbps
Usage Limitation (Mb / Gb): 1GB
Validity: I month
Price: 500
Comments: My current plan explore plus 500 offers same at same price but @512kbps @5oo bucks but plan is now closed

himtuna said:
ISP: Tata Indicom Broadband
City: Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, etc
Specific Areas: .....
Plan Name: Explore 1000
Speed Offered: 256kbps
Usage Limitation (Mb / Gb): 1GB
Validity: I month
Price: 500
Comments: My current plan explore plus 500 offers same at same price but @512kbps @5oo bucks but plan is now closed

dont know why the hell there is still download limit..i download more thn 1gb a day.......whts the use of these plans for downloaders...

neway here are some of the best plans available in delhi by sify....
but still a download limit of 150mb....for fix time...8am to 10pm....after 10pm its unlimited download

*img446.imageshack.us/img446/9976/untitled9zz.jpg[/img]

Top Bottom