the Asus K53SV - SX521V and SX521D thread

mailshobhon

THE HARDCORE GAMER
Re: MY new Laptop Asus K Series K53SV-SX521D

Have almost made up my mind to buy this. I heard someone complain about its sluggishness, is it true? Also, can you boot from USB ?

Yeah it can be booted from flash drive no sign sluggishness the laptop works well, it can handle all latest games and last but not the least great VFM product. and to decrease the boot time Go to "msconfig" (from start search) and remove all 3rd party apps from booting.or else get a ssd

Guys who are having K53SV laptop post some pics and share your experience here in this thread and let every one know about the power and build quality of asus brand

sdmaverick

Journeyman

Yeah it can be booted from flash drive no sign sluggishness the laptop works well, it can handle all latest games and last but not the least great VFM product. and to decrease the boot time Go to "msconfig" (from start search) and remove all 3rd party apps from booting.or else get a ssd

Guys who are having K53SV laptop post some pics and share your experience here in this thread and let every one know about the power and build quality of asus brand

Copy pasting "quoted text" now are we dude? :D I don't mind, just found it weird seeing what I wrote here!

Cheers!

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA

^^Thank you mailshobhon,for sharing with us your reviews & activities by possessing such a "FAMED ASSET".
Cheers for you buddy!:-D

Looking forward to buy a laptop from ASUS- but have to wait for some more months:1). Primary is to acquire & save funds!!!! For purchase...of Laptop
2). Waiting for Intel Ivy-Bridge CPU(Mobile version) with NVIDIA Mobile GeForce 6xx series(Kepler architecture) combination.:wink:

mailshobhon

THE HARDCORE GAMER

^^Thank you mailshobhon,for sharing with us your reviews & activities by possessing such a "FAMED ASSET".
Cheers for you buddy!:-D

Looking forward to buy a laptop from ASUS- but have to wait for some more months:1). Primary is to acquire & save funds!!!! For purchase...of Laptop
2). Waiting for Intel Ivy-Bridge CPU(Mobile version) with NVIDIA Mobile GeForce 6xx series(Kepler architecture) combination.:wink:

ivy-bridge will be coming out by 2013 so if you can wait that long its a great buy all the best

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA

ivy-bridge will be coming out by 2013 so if you can wait that long its a great buy all the best

In that case,do you suggest to buy an ASUS laptop based on AMD "Trinity" APU?
AMD referred to launch Trinity by mid of 2012.

I am not for gaming,but is a movie buff.I surf,download lots of software(open source),preferential OS to work is within GNU/Linux.Learning programming...C++/Java/Python.

OP
Alien

Alien

Journeyman

If you are not much into gaming and only watch movies, go for one with 1080p display. Sony Vaio CB35 will be a good option.

oieet

Right off the assembly line
hi i also bought the same laptop.
only one issue:

how many blank dvds will be required, to make the recovery of the os.

mine is using only two after that the program disappears and dvd is out.

whereas my old vaio laptop used 4 dvd's.

prvprv

Journeyman

Congrats @mailshobhon for your SX521D
Congrats @Alien for your SX521V

Question to both of you:
1) What about warranty and Extended warranty?
2) Asus is offering ADP (Accidental Damage Protection) package. Did you get that package ?? If so how much does it cost?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

In that case,do you suggest to buy an ASUS laptop based on AMD "Trinity" APU?
AMD referred to launch Trinity by mid of 2012.

I am not for gaming,but is a movie buff.I surf,download lots of software(open source),preferential OS to work is within GNU/Linux.Learning programming...C++/Java/Python.
check my posts over here: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/laptops-netbooks-tablets/151048-ultrabook-d.html

and watch this video:

[YOUTUBE]lsmTDb-Mlws[/YOUTUBE]

Mind you, Ivy Bridge's CPU is going to be faster than Piledriver in Trinity. But Trinity will be much more power efficient and will use less battery than Ivy Bridge while doing anything whether gaming or watching movies.

mailshobhon

THE HARDCORE GAMER

Congrats @mailshobhon for your SX521D
Congrats @Alien for your SX521V

Question to both of you:
1) What about warranty and Extended warranty?
2) Asus is offering ADP (Accidental Damage Protection) package. Did you get that package ?? If so how much does it cost?

yeah u can extend the warranty call their toll free number they will explain you everything

astro

Broken In
Q1: How does this compare with the HP dv6-6165tx? I know that SX521V scores ahead in terms of RAM and Price, but how about performance and overall build quality? How does ASUS laptops perform overall when compared to HP laptops.

Q2: How is the webcam?

mailshobhon

THE HARDCORE GAMER
Q1: How does this compare with the HP dv6-6165tx? I know that SX521V scores ahead in terms of RAM and Price, but how about performance and overall build quality? How does ASUS laptops perform overall when compared to HP laptops.

Q2: How is the webcam?

overall build quality is great. dv6 has a better gfx than k53sv. and to your last point yeah it doesn't have a great webcam,you can say hp has a better webcam.

overall build quality is great. dv6 has a better gfx than k53sv. and to your last point yeah it doesn't have a great webcam,you can say hp has a better webcam.

did any one got sonic focus software with asus k53sv SX521V please send me the link for win 7 i not getting the software in internet.

A.G.

Right off the assembly line
After looking at all the reviews and posts from very knowledgeable people here at Digit, I am quite sure that my first laptop HAS to be an Asus laptop.

Though being satisfied looking at the responses Asus has earned over the web, I just have a few questions to all the happy owners of Asus:
1) How is the post-sales support offered by Asus?
2) What is the minimum and maximum battery life?
3) I have shortlisted two models: Asus X Series X53SC-SX223D and Asus K Series K53SV-SX520D. Which one should I go for?

The opinions regarding all the three questions are important for me since I'm going to complete my IT Engineering with this laptop. My usage will mostly be programming and Photoshop since I'm a photography enthusiast. Also, I plan to get into the video field too. And so, I will be using Adobe Premier which requires quite some resources. Plus, my parents are buying me a laptop for educational reasons only. But I will be gaming secretly :p COD4, Crysis etc are among the games I play. Decent graphic without lags will do.

mailshobhon

THE HARDCORE GAMER
After looking at all the reviews and posts from very knowledgeable people here at Digit, I am quite sure that my first laptop HAS to be an Asus laptop.

Though being satisfied looking at the responses Asus has earned over the web, I just have a few questions to all the happy owners of Asus:
1) How is the post-sales support offered by Asus?
2) What is the minimum and maximum battery life?
3) I have shortlisted two models: Asus X Series X53SC-SX223D and Asus K Series K53SV-SX520D. Which one should I go for?

The opinions regarding all the three questions are important for me since I'm going to complete my IT Engineering with this laptop. My usage will mostly be programming and Photoshop since I'm a photography enthusiast. Also, I plan to get into the video field too. And so, I will be using Adobe Premier which requires quite some resources. Plus, my parents are buying me a laptop for educational reasons only. But I will be gaming secretly :p COD4, Crysis etc are among the games I play. Decent graphic without lags will do.

post sales service is good, battery 3 to 3.5 hours go for k53sv if you are gaming otherwise settle for k53sc. laptop is yours buy it according to your needs

^^
They are somewhat hard and make some noise while clicking. But the touchpad is good and supports multitouch gestures as well...:)

dude did you get sonic focus software in your laptop, if you or any one else have it please pass on to me

OP
Alien

Alien

Journeyman
@mailshobhon
Had some audio software(don't remember if its sonic focus) preinstalled when the laptop came, but lost it after i did a clean install of Windows 7.

Top Bottom