the Asus K53SV - SX521V and SX521D thread

mailshobhon

THE HARDCORE GAMER
Re: MY new Laptop Asus K Series K53SV-SX521D

You have not heard of Fujitsu?
It is not a Chineese company.
Fujitsu is making laptops for a long time now.
It is one of the largest selling laptop brand in Japan and Korea.

I heave heard of fujitsu but i didn't knew they make hard drive also.

dabster

In the zone

Yep, ASUS does rock guys.

Long time back I have seen this : ASUS best, HP worst for notebook reliability | Electronista

Clearly ASUS is number one here. proves their build quality totally and reliability factor.

Chipping in from a ASUS U50F notebook. :)

mailshobhon

THE HARDCORE GAMER

Yep, ASUS does rock guys.

Long time back I have seen this : ASUS best, HP worst for notebook reliability | Electronista

Clearly ASUS is number one here. proves their build quality totally and reliability factor.

Chipping in from a ASUS U50F notebook. :)

Yeah thats true i have been asus fan for years now first their republic of gamers motherboards and now their laptops

sunzeal

Broken In
i brought this same laptop a month back, and have written a detailed review, if any one is interested, here it is :-

My New laptop - Asus K53SV ( Review ) - Knowledge Portal

mailshobhon

THE HARDCORE GAMER
hi guys little sound comes from my dvd drive when i switch on my laptop and every time i boot up my k53sv so is it normal people who are having k53sv please answer

red dragon

Master troll
Check your BIOS and find out what is the first pref.in boot option,if disc drive is the first option,change it to hdd.
The dvd drive sound during boot should go away.

prvprv

Journeyman
Congrats Alien, its a nice looking laptop.
What about warranty?
Asus is offering ADP (Accidental Damage Protection) package. Did you get that package ?? If so how much does it cost?

Cyanide

Broken In
Did any one tried using USB 3.0 compatible device ? I tried using my brother's portable WD (which says USB 3.0 compatible) , but it wasn't recognized.

sdmaverick

Journeyman
Some tips for new owners / existing owners of K53SV Laptop:

1. Make sure you keep the bloatware to a minimum included in the drivers cd from asus. It will only add to the boot time.

2. Download latest nvidia gfx driver from nvidia website & install over the default drivers included by asus.

3. Install the Windows 7 SP1 and also update the intel HD3000 driver.

4. If you modify the display color properties, the laptop takes more time in overall processing, bootup.

5. Remember that a lot of performance issues are linked to the Power4gear settings provided by Asus. I use "high power" at home, connect laptop to AC charger & take out the battery (only use it for outdoors)

6. Go to "msconfig" (from start search) and remove all 3rd party apps from booting.

7. Sometimes you might forget to revert the boot priority options from DVD drive to HDD. That will lead to extra boot up time.

Some CONS / Problems I noticed in the machine (you can help confirm / reject):

1. Sometimes there is screen flickering if my brightness settings are one step above the minimum level.
2. The charger sometimes emits a squeaking / whining noise if am connected and at idle. You have to hear very closely.
3. DVD is a little noisy.
4. Overall, sometimes the response of the laptop becomes sluggish and gains back speed again.
5. The spacebar sometimes does not register the keystroke.

In case you have any questions or queries, will be happy to help you guys! :-o

Btw, I ordered my laptop from Flipkart.com and received it on 10th Jan.

Cheers!

what bios everybody is using in k53sv please help is it 320 or 315

320. Update it using Winflash utility.

Cheers!

prateek324

Right off the assembly line

does it really has 1 usb 3.0? flipkart mentions it but asus's website states it has 3 usb 2.0 which one is true?

surya2141

Right off the assembly line

Have almost made up my mind to buy this. I heard someone complain about its sluggishness, is it true? Also, can you boot from USB ?

red dragon

Master troll
What kind of question was that?
Do you know any laptop which can not be booted from bootable flash storage?
Regarding sluggishness,it all depends upon the i.q of the user.

Top Bottom