the Asus K53SV - SX521V and SX521D thread

OP
Alien

Alien

Journeyman
Thanks. I ran the program with 'Run with graphics processor' option and chose nVIDIA, but still in the result it shows Intel HD Graphics. Maybe others can post the results as well.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks. I ran the program with 'Run with graphics processor' option and chose nVIDIA, but still in the result it shows Intel HD Graphics. Maybe others can post the results as well.
It ran on nVidia despite what the result says. :) Sure of it because Intel HD 3000 won't render anything with direct3D11. Intel graphics don't support DirectX 11 yet.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
:))
Laptop received at home, I'm going to b'lore tomorrow.

got lot of stuff to do-
1. Install Win7 64
2. Install Intel chipset driver
3. Install SP1
4. Audio, w/l, lan, drivers
5. Gfx Driver
6. MS Office
7. Battle Field 3 :p
8. Windows Update :|
Will update BIOS if old.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
^does that happen with HD movies only?

if yes, did you try with different media players (VLC)?
Do you have codec pack like "K-lite Codec Pack"?

mailshobhon

THE HARDCORE GAMER
:))
Laptop received at home, I'm going to b'lore tomorrow.

got lot of stuff to do-
1. Install Win7 64
2. Install Intel chipset driver
3. Install SP1
4. Audio, w/l, lan, drivers
5. Gfx Driver
6. MS Office
7. Battle Field 3 :p
8. Windows Update :|
Will update BIOS if old.

dude try battlefield 3 and let me know how is the performance.

OP
Alien

Alien

Journeyman
@s18000rpm
Cool, congrats..:smile: Post your experiences and some pics. Also run the Unigine Sanctuary benchmark and post results if possible..

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
:oops: How do you install Win7 64bit over MS-DOS? :blush:

I burnt the ISO in DVD RW twice, & verified it too, but still ASUS just boots into MS-DOS.

got it :p
forgot to set DVD as first boot option

No pixelation for me.
installed Win7 64bit, yet to install SP1, codec packs.

apachan

Right off the assembly line
Thanks nims11...:smile:

Did a clean install of windows. Installed drivers from Asus site, had some trouble finding the right ones though..:-?
System boots up much faster now. Posting screenshot of windows experience index.
*i42.tinypic.com/o56ebs.jpg

As you can see graphics performance has gone up to 6.6 from 5.7, but still the index is 5.9. Probably due to the 5400rpm hard drive.
Still very happy with the improvement...:grin:

hey alien,
bought this laptop! not sure about reinstalling windows. where did you get the drivers from? coz this particular model isn't there on asus india site
can you post a link?
thanks.

OP
Alien

Alien

Journeyman
Asus Support. Download drivers from here. Just search K53SV there. Congrats on your new laptop...:smile:
Download correct version of windows from the links given here.
Download activation backup and restore(ABR) and backup your OEM activation before installing fresh windows 7. You can restore your activation later using this software. You can also use the key given on the label in your laptop, but you'll have to activate using phone. Download ABR from here.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
this laptop runs so cool :eek:
my only gripe is the Western Digital branded 750GB HDD. :|
I'm a Hitachi user since 2005 :p

havent got BF3 yet, have to partition the 550GB C: drive.

i'm sorry to say this , but the truth is this laptop of same config is available in flipkart.com for just 46k, but it says SX521D; whats the difference between 521D and 521V? does it hav a blu-ray? if not, i think u've made the week for the shopkeeper for sure.

And BTW this laptop is just amazing at this price tag and it can play almost all modern games at high settings(according to notebookcheck.com)

swapyworld

Broken In
Guys i think 520D and 521V has the same display !!

has anyone compared the display with acer 5830 TG? just want to know about how reflective it is?

Top Bottom