the Asus K53SV - SX521V and SX521D thread

OP
Alien

Alien

Journeyman
@Cyanide
It shows Intel HD graphics in CCleaner. I don't have any screen pixelation issue.

@Cilus
Its okay...:smile: Asus India website is really bad, they don't even show the current products available. The closest i came to finding the same model as mine is at flipkart. Here is the link. But it comes with 1GB GT 520M graphics card, rest all are same.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
In my windows experience index it shows 4.7 for desktop performance on aero , its quite low.. :(
It is because of nVidia Optimus. The way it should be. Aero is being rendered by Intel HD 3000. Not by the nVidia GPU. It's normal.

For a proper performance audit, run a benchmark like Unigine Sanctuary or a game.

Cyanide

Broken In
In other laptops (Asus models for eg : OP's one ) having optimus too , it still shows 5.7 - 5.9 .

Also, the screen pixelation issue still exists , the engineer hasn't come to my place yet .
Should I try reinstalling the OS (Win 7 x64 ultimate) or wait for the engineer to come ?

@s18000rpm : Let us know when your laptop gets delivered to you.

RBX

In the zone
Doesn't matter. WEI is retarded. :)
+1. And I think - drivers play some role. My WEI dropped to 4.9 from 5.7 after I updated my nVidia drivers from 280.26 to 285.62.
Maybe the drivers are bad; since the update, my Firefox doesn't show any menus unless I force it to be run with Nvidia GPU.
Edit:
Wait, if the nvidia drivers were bad, Intel HD 3000 should have got it all right, but it didn't. I'm confused.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
@cyanide, give me link to laptop driver page :p

couldn't find it in Asus India website :))

edit: got it
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download K53SV

kammu

Right off the assembly line
hi 18000 rpm,
Just wanted to know the display and sound quality of the laptop.Also tell the wifi quality.
Thanks

OP
Alien

Alien

Journeyman
@Cyanide
Any updates on display issue??

@s18000rpm
Congrats..:smile: When will your laptop be delivered?

Even i think WEI is not accurate, it shows weird results at times. I'll be out of station for a few days, so won't have access to my lappy. :-(

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ I think he has got it today. :p Let's see what he posts.

Congrats to him. :p

OP
Alien

Alien

Journeyman
@ico
I've downloaded unigine sanctuary 2.3, with what settings should i run the benchmark? Sorry, i'm new to this.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Run at Direct3D 11.

Stereo3D disabled.

Ambient occlusion unchecked.

Shaders high.

Anisotropy 1.

Anti-aliasing off.

Full screen checked.

Resolution: native resolution of your screen.

OP
Alien

Alien

Journeyman
Thanks, will run the test and post results.

*i43.tinypic.com/6tmdzt.jpg

@ico
I don't know why the GPU is shown as Intel HD Graphics. I don't know what this score means. How does it compare with others??

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
The score is fine according to me. It would be good if other people run this benchmark as well. Sanctuary Benchmark 2.3 | Unigine - only 30 MB and it is a good benchmark.

heck, even when I run the above benchmark on my PC, it also reports Intel HD Graphics family because I have a Z68 chipset motherboard. It is normal. I'm sure of the fact that Intel HD 3000 won't give this score. :)

Top Bottom