The artwork thread

Terabyte

In the zone
@Gollum : Man every sketch of yours makes me go like "Woaaaa" :-o
Those eyes look so real...how do you do them?
You are simply amazing...I would love to learn a lot from you :-D

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
Any idea on how to make better faces? Got myself a 9B graphite pencil and trying.

don't use 9b straightaway. I bought a whole lot of pencils from 2h till 10b
but all I use is 2h, hb, and 2b.

For better symmetry, use a grid. And if its still difficult, use a scale and a calculator to measure the difference. Once you get a good outline done, you will automatically get a good sketch.

Draw regularly with a grid until you feel confident without one.
start with a4 size and gradually move to a3

I made the one below with a grid and a big scale cause honestly, a3 is too big for me. Took me almost a day just to finish the outline and prominent features.
Those little numbers on the top are conversions from reference to paper. A lot of math here :p
I still have to fix the eyes and finish the clothing along with the background.
*fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/062/c/b/incomplete_sketch_by_niku4186-d5wte0z.jpg

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
Phone camera blurred the image.
another wip. Not getting enough time to draw these weekends.
*th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2013/067/c/9/wip2x_by_niku4186-d5xf2nl.jpg

abhidev

Human Spambot
@gollum: nice work!!!

@gearbox: lips are too thick.... little bit thinner would be gr8...gr8 work maan

shreeji

Right off the assembly line
One more Portrait
Made entirely from scratch in photoshop cs5 with wacom bamboo pen tablet
time ~36 hours

Thanks Ricky :)

They are really good gollum! I do some artwork too and these days I have been doing posters for events and stuff for college. It's such a pain in the neck to have to draw and scan 'cause I'm very bad at drawing with a mouse. I heard wacom is good. How is it? Does it come with an in-built photoshop software or is it just an input device which you can only use when connected to the computer. Any idea what's the difference between Bamboo Create, Capture and Fun?

My first portrait. This is all I have on my computer. :)
301650_308292632514717_1518263819_n.jpg

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
They are really good gollum! I do some artwork too and these days I have been doing posters for events and stuff for college. It's such a pain in the neck to have to draw and scan 'cause I'm very bad at drawing with a mouse. I heard wacom is good. How is it? Does it come with an in-built photoshop software or is it just an input device which you can only use when connected to the computer. Any idea what's the difference between Bamboo Create, Capture and Fun?

My first portrait. This is all I have on my computer. :)
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachments/chit-chat/9723d1364621414-artwork-thread-301650_308292632514717_1518263819_n.jpg
holy f++++ smokin cool sketch dude (you messed up the eyes :p) but god damn that's one awesome sketch yaar

I have the cheapest wacom tablet. its wacom bamboo pen medium
cost me 3.5k and its very decent.
forget about software, all u get is trialware
moreover before you move the any drawing you will have to learn to draw all over again before you can even think of making artwork on a tablet.
Its messes with your thinking and perception. It took me a good long time to get used to it and now I can't write anything neatly on paper lol

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
There is also another member named 'Digibrush' who also have this kind of tablet(much more costlier than this,i guess).hook him up if you want the details.

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
after long time, i touched my tablet. initial stages of wall-e's cousin
*fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/089/6/7/robo_by_niku4186-d5zs010.jpg

I am completely off the symmetry
drawn from scratch on paint tool sai

Last edited:
OP
Gollum

Gollum