The artwork thread

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Thanks guys...

Gollum,
I have bought 6H, 4H, 2H, B, HB, 2B, 4B, 6B and 10B and a charcoal pencil (B) and a white pencil. In fact this is what I could find in my place that too after a long search. Totally forgot that .5mm pencil.

No body knows what is kneaded eraser, blending stump, tortillon in the stationery shop. Where can I get these? I have even checked online...
What is pastel? Is this erasable?

Now I am working on a portrait. Even though I have dark/light pencils, I couldn't get the same dark/soft shades/tones. And now I am using drawing paper, but I don't see much difference between notebook paper and this drawing paper other than the later is little thicker.

I am almost done with the portrait I am working on. I will post it tomorrow after giving some final touch.

Saahib

Cyborg Agent
I really loved work here, specially Gollum and specially the fact that you allowed your creative work to nurture, I remember I used to draw when I was so young then priorities changed and now I am more into development than designing, I still have my sketchbook somewhere, I will try to restore them and post here someday.

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
One more Portrait
Made entirely from scratch in photoshop cs5 with wacom bamboo pen tablet
time ~36 hours
Its still incomplete and I have no mood to finish it
*img171.imageshack.us/img171/3461/lilgirltut.png
*img4.imageshack.us/img4/4913/lilgirl2.png

Thanks guys...

Gollum,
I have bought 6H, 4H, 2H, B, HB, 2B, 4B, 6B and 10B and a charcoal pencil (B) and a white pencil. In fact this is what I could find in my place that too after a long search. Totally forgot that .5mm pencil.

No body knows what is kneaded eraser, blending stump, tortillon in the stationery shop. Where can I get these? I have even checked online...
What is pastel? Is this erasable?

Now I am working on a portrait. Even though I have dark/light pencils, I couldn't get the same dark/soft shades/tones. And now I am using drawing paper, but I don't see much difference between notebook paper and this drawing paper other than the later is little thicker.

I am almost done with the portrait I am working on. I will post it tomorrow after giving some final touch.
you can get art supplies from flipkart now
they have kneaded erasers
If you can;t buy blending stumps them make them, just roll paper up and cut the tip diagonally with a scissor, I also don't have them but I made them myself and I made many for different sizes.

you can buy sketch books of A4 size from Navneet or Built
papger thickness should be more than 100GSM and you should draw from the rough side of the paper to get the maximum darkness.

I really loved work here, specially Gollum and specially the fact that you allowed your creative work to nurture, I remember I used to draw when I was so young then priorities changed and now I am more into development than designing, I still have my sketchbook somewhere, I will try to restore them and post here someday.

Thanks Ricky :)

Anish

Spectre
@Gollum: I am impressed :)

Well, I too was once drawing nice. But, took a long break - really long that I need few more days to bring my drawing hands back :(

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Gollum,
Wow!!! 36hrs... That sure needs one helluva patience... I really wonder how you guys bring that realistic hair. Dark/light shades and light falling on the hair (that glossy look), nothing I could bring.

Here is the one I was talking about.

Amy Adams

*img715.imageshack.us/img715/6339/img5502a.jpg

One more portrait...

Anushka Shetty
*img213.imageshack.us/img213/8879/img5519v.jpg

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
Gollum,
Wow!!! 36hrs... That sure needs one helluva patience... I really wonder how you guys bring that realistic hair. Dark/light shades and light falling on the hair (that glossy look), nothing I could bring.

Here is the one I was talking about.

Amy Adams

*img715.imageshack.us/img715/6339/img5502a.jpg

One more portrait...

Anushka Shetty
*img213.imageshack.us/img213/8879/img5519v.jpg

For realistic hair, you should not do any shading on the hair
Use only a 0.5 or 0.3mm mechanical pencil
you need to draw from the tip of the hair
for dark sides start with 2b which merge into a ligher shade of 2b and then into a regular shade of HB and then a lighter shade of HB and then the shade has to go back to the dark with the same steps
so its like Darkest>dark>less dark>light>lighter>lightest>lighter>light>less dark>dark>darkest

Raziel

Journeyman
Hi, here's a small digital painting I did a couple of years ago as a gift for someone :) Made using Artrage + Wacom bamboo fun tablet.
It's Ville Valo from my fav Gothic Rock band H.I.M :)

*fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/o/2010/171/b/0/b0b3699af54316798cb96b010e5df39b.jpg

And here's another work-in-progress screenshot of Ville himself. :)
*www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=54075&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1301205002

:)

Last edited:

cyborg47

Technomancer
Now this thread was a surprise, wonderful works everybody who posted theirs.
I ll share some too :D
I'm more of a quick sketch guy, and rarely work on longer drawings.

*dl.dropbox.com/u/31890427/IMAG0303.jpg

*1.bp.blogspot.com/-GDvY-JMQJnM/T9c1gdcYQiI/AAAAAAAABIw/QxuKFBt6tr0/s1600/IMAG0301.jpg

*3.bp.blogspot.com/-jloKLO7Zquk/T9c1cO3yaEI/AAAAAAAABIg/LrxtE4l9EBg/s1600/IMAG0299.jpg

These were about two years old, back when I was in my Arts class :)

*fc07.deviantart.net/fs46/f/2009/180/d/9/Still_life_by_quadshashank.jpg

*fc03.deviantart.net/fs51/f/2009/330/8/5/human_fig_drawing2_by_quadshashank.jpg

Drew this as a gift to a close friend of mine :)
*fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/054/1/6/mother_teresa_by_shashankduggi-d3a7geh.jpg

Last edited:

ashintomson

Journeyman
Hi, here's a small digital painting I did a couple of years ago as a gift for someone :) Made using Artrage + Wacom bamboo fun tablet.
It's Ville Valo from my fav Gothic Rock band H.I.M :)

*fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/o/2010/171/b/0/b0b3699af54316798cb96b010e5df39b.jpg

And here's another work-in-progress screenshot of Ville himself. :)
*www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=54075&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1301205002

:)
great works man .. can u tell me which font u used in that first pic ?

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
Now this thread was a surprise, wonderful works everybody who posted theirs.
I ll share some too :D
I'm more of a quick sketch guy, and rarely work on longer drawings.

*dl.dropbox.com/u/31890427/IMAG0303.jpg

*1.bp.blogspot.com/-GDvY-JMQJnM/T9c1gdcYQiI/AAAAAAAABIw/QxuKFBt6tr0/s1600/IMAG0301.jpg

*3.bp.blogspot.com/-jloKLO7Zquk/T9c1cO3yaEI/AAAAAAAABIg/LrxtE4l9EBg/s1600/IMAG0299.jpg

These were about two years old, back when I was in my Arts class :)

*fc07.deviantart.net/fs46/f/2009/180/d/9/Still_life_by_quadshashank.jpg

*fc03.deviantart.net/fs51/f/2009/330/8/5/human_fig_drawing2_by_quadshashank.jpg

Drew this as a gift to a close friend of mine :)
*fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/054/1/6/mother_teresa_by_shashankduggi-d3a7geh.jpg

:shock: nice cyborg
do you have a dA ID?

Raziel

Journeyman
great works man .. can u tell me which font u used in that first pic ?

Hi Ashintomson, It's a free font called Scriptina.
You can find it here: Scriptina Font | dafont.com

Awesome sketches there Cyborg. The still life looks fantastic! :shock:

Thanks everyone!:razz:

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
Watched Snow White yesterdey :)
Better Quality version at my dA Page Snow White by ~Niku4186 on deviantART
*img16.imageshack.us/img16/8614/snowwhitee.jpg

Raziel

Journeyman
@Gollum: Nice work there Gollum! :)
I guess you have used this photo as a reference..it was my current psp wallpaper btw :)

*i46.tinypic.com/241l3yr.jpg

A quick still life sketch drawn from imagination..made using Sai and Wacom :)

*i48.tinypic.com/2dvpnhv.jpg

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
@Gollum: Nice work there Gollum! :)
I guess you have used this photo as a reference..it was my current psp wallpaper btw :)

*i46.tinypic.com/241l3yr.jpg

A quick still life sketch drawn from imagination..made using Sai and Wacom :)

*i48.tinypic.com/2dvpnhv.jpg

true that raziel, I had lost the link to the ref, can you post it. i wanna add it to my dA art description.

I can't add any wallpaper to my psp as its got the chickHEN exploit and wallpapers creat troubles for the exploit.

Top Bottom