The Alternative Browser thread

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
most people usually use Google Chrome what about the Original Chromium browser which I use a lot - can this be counted as well as an alternative browser ? ;-) and can you update/edit the first post now ?

how are you using it?? built the code?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Sounds too feature packed but why it's still showing "The Fastest Web Browser - Coming September 2013" - how come fastest browser got slow ? :D

- - - Updated - - -

Version 33.0.1800.0 (260000)

I'm only facing issues with Imgur. Everything else works fine unless there is an embedded image hosted on Imgur.

Opening fine with Chromium Version 35.0.1882.0 (255877).

how are you using it?? built the code?

Nope, downloaded the pre compiled windows version :D

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Has anyone tried Chromium? How does it compare to Chrome?

- - - Updated - - -

A new browser is here: Pirate Bay Releases ‘Pirate Browser’ to Thwart Censorship | TorrentFreak

I like their initiative, but nothing really innovative about this. It is a modified Mozilla Firefox bundled with the Tor client Vidalia.

You can create this setup yourself manually but the PirateBrowser bundle makes this easier for the non-technical types to setup and get running. Now everything could come full circle once The Pirate Bay moves permanently into P2P.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a list that I am compiling :

The Google Drive sheet does not seem to load for some reason. I am note sure if it is just on my PC, if you can see it let me know. Also please let me know if I messed up something.
Use the link below to access the page in the meantime.

[GS]198GlNDNCV6FiCz5gs45QFxFABdpbyLucoYJnIdE6k04[/GS]

Since OP appears to be banned, I cannot recommend that this be put in the first post.

Add more browsers here to expand the list : *docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/198GlNDNCV6FiCz5gs45QFxFABdpbyLucoYJnIdE6k04/edit?usp=sharing

Your entry will appear after I approve it. I might edit it for coherence or brevity.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Has anyone tried Chromium? How does it compare to Chrome?

The only thing that differs chromium from chrome is the latest builds for me and removed unnecessary google hidden features :D Anyway, I don't use chrome at all. Currently using 64 bit variant of chromium but it will crash with certain extensions like WOT and Avast. So use it without them.

Anyway, this list should give you some decent answer and while on windows you're even free from all those linux distro addons. So use the Chromium browser for a pristine browsing exp. on windows ;)
*code.google.com/p/chromium/wiki/ChromiumBrowserVsGoogleChrome

The Google Drive sheet does not seem to load for some reason. I am note sure if it is just on my PC, if you can see it let me know. Also please let me know if I messed up something.
Use the link below to access the page in the meantime.

[GS]198GlNDNCV6FiCz5gs45QFxFABdpbyLucoYJnIdE6k04[/GS]

Since OP appears to be banned, I cannot recommend that this be put in the first post.

Add more browsers here to expand the list : *docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/198GlNDNCV6FiCz5gs45QFxFABdpbyLucoYJnIdE6k04/edit?usp=sharing

Your entry will appear after I approve it. I might edit it for coherence or brevity.

Nice initiative. Will have a look. Make sure the publishing / sharing settings are correctly set.

Top Bottom