The 2017 Forum Improvement Suggestion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
I know, I know... we've had these threads before and nothing came of them. This time I promise it will be different.

This is a place for suggestions and also pointing out bugs.

Try to be specific... instead of general "Change the theme" feedback, try finding a theme you like, and pointing us to that, so we can see what kind of colour palette and theme you like...

When posting a bug report, make sure you test it immediately before posting. We've tried to fix a few recently. Many remain however. List them out.

You can also suggest a reordering of the forum. Complain about mods, publicly wish me bodily harm... etc... but if you keep the criticism positive we might actually be able to do some good soon.

Try and categorise feedback into the following buckets:

1. Bugs
  2. Feature additions
  3. Specific Addons
  4. New sections
  5. General Suggestions

As usual, please read what others have posted to avoid duplicating suggestions. If you want to add your vote for a suggestion, quote them and +1 their suggestion, instead of saying the same thing in different words...

That's it... fire away...

OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Can you specify what's wrong with search? I just used it, worked fine for me.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
We need some new features like followed in TomsHardware forum.

1.We need to implement badges like AMD Expert, CPU Expert, GPU Expert etc for certain members who are proficient in their respective fields..
2.We need to implement Credits system like which member earned more number of credits that can be redeemed to buy Digit Magazines...
3.We need to implement more themes & individual coloring system to each sub-section...
4.We also need the Bazaar Section improved like TE and Erodov forums do so that my Digit becomes No. 1 forum in India...

For example
*s14.postimg.org/codgxfccx/screenshot_www_tomshardware_com_2016_01_06_19_13.png

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Can you specify what's wrong with search? I just used it, worked fine for me.

It shows unrelevant threads at times and if there are more than 30 posts in a thread, it shows the thread instead of pointing at the exact post. (Default search is behaving like this)

Flash

Lost in speed
If you want to add your vote for a suggestion, quote them and +1 their suggestion, instead of saying the same thing in different words...
Exactly. Bring back the 'Like' button or +1 button or whatever equivalent which you think of/others suggest.

tkin

Back to school!!
Well first of all the Register link should be removed when the user is logged in.

*i.imgur.com/kBo2ppC.png

Flash

Lost in speed
We need some new features like followed in TomsHardware forum.

1.We need to implement badges like AMD Expert, CPU Expert, GPU Expert etc for certain members who are proficient in their respective fields..
2.We need to implement Credits system like which member earned more number of credits that can be redeemed to buy Digit Magazines...
3.We need to implement more themes & individual coloring system to each sub-section...
4.We also need the Bazaar Section improved like TE and Erodov forums do so that my Digit becomes No. 1 forum in India...

For example
*s14.postimg.org/codgxfccx/screenshot_www_tomshardware_com_2016_01_06_19_13.png

Like Kickass Torrent's achievements?
*kat.cr/achievements/

*yuqme.kattorrents.in/users/42/646/z7M3LIDYwK.png

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Remove the "Register" button after logged into the forum

Like here:*s1.postimg.org/3lvcyo6hr/screenshot_www_digit_in_2016_01_07_10_25_15.png

anky

Youngling
Not able to Upload avatar.Either from URL or upload.Tried with different pictures with different size and resolution.
Is it a bug or some eligibility i am have not yet met.

saswat23

Human Spambot
Yes, that's a serious bug. Most of the times there is problem in uploading and displaying avatar.

TechnoBOY

Padawan
Not able to Upload avatar.Either from URL or upload.Tried with different pictures with different size and resolution.
Is it a bug or some eligibility i am have not yet met.
[MENTION=1]Raaabo[/MENTION]o You guys need to fix this.

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Now that the forum has grown much more than what it was back in 2003, I find What's New returning many threads which I have no interest in. I'd love to have the selective forums functionality so that I see only those threads that interest me.

TechnoBOY

Padawan
would like it, if there is a handy chat box.......

Also forum search needs very much improvement......
You mean ilke built into digit ?

- - - Updated - - -

Now that the forum has grown much more than what it was back in 2003, I find What's New returning many threads which I have no interest in. I'd love to have the selective forums functionality so that I see only those threads that interest me.
Thats a good one !:razz:+1 to that and why not a +1 func?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Desktop site is too slow since the update, like its loading on a dial-up connection. Getting frequent log-outs and reporting isn't working fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom