Texting while roaming

aaruni

The Linux Guy
Hey All,
My friend is leaving bangalore today and going someplace north. Will roaming costs apply on his phone when he texts back? In bangalore he has a sms pack which gives a hundred or so free sms in a day. Please reply as he will be in a train for 9 days and we only chat to spend time(v/s calling).

Vignesh B

Youngling
^^^ Yes, such packs are valid only in the ''home'' state.
One alternative is if your friend can access internet on his mobile, he can use online sms services like way2sms which is free.

OP
aaruni

aaruni

The Linux Guy
I have a sony ericsson cedar, he has a nokia classic. don't think we're gonna converse over internet though, texting was free and hence a great way to pass time.

aroraanant

Explorer
only reliance cdma message pack works in roaming, don't know about reliance gsm and tata indicom
Apart from that message pack in all gsm networks works in only in that particular circle/state.

OP
aaruni

aaruni

The Linux Guy
ok, then i have devised a method of communication:
i text yes or no questions, he miss call 1 for yes, 2 for no!!!! :cool::-D

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
I have a sony ericsson cedar, he has a nokia classic. don't think we're gonna converse over internet though, texting was free and hence a great way to pass time.

Ask him to get a local sim of the north state and activate the sms pack, could carry a spare phone. The roaming costs could KILL!

ok, then i have devised a method of communication:
i text yes or no questions, he miss call 1 for yes, 2 for no!!!! :cool::-D

Reminds me of an advert heard on a Radio
2 guys chat before exam planning to go for a movie after the exam (The ad was for Uninor I think, their license got suspended anyway)

"1 - If you come out early, give me 1 missed call, if I come out early, I'll give you 2 missed calls.
2 - Ok, if I come out too early, I'll give you 1 short missed call and reach the cinema hall, if I get the tickets, I'll give you 2 missed calls, if I don't get the tickets, I'll give 3 missed call"

Then a guy slaps his message like a boss "Why depend on F'in missed calls, get uninor and talk khulke"

Seriously F this :lol:

OP
aaruni

aaruni

The Linux Guy
well what else to do? dont think he will be buying a new sim just so that he can text me throughout the hols.... and my method is pretty good, since i have free texts, missed calls dont charge and we have been going at it for two days now.... :cool:

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
well what else to do? dont think he will be buying a new sim just so that he can text me throughout the hols.... and my method is pretty good, since i have free texts, missed calls dont charge and we have been going at it for two days now.... :cool:

I really feel like laughing at this setup... :facepalm:

Dude 1 9.00 PM text sent - "Did you have dinner?"
Dude 2 9.20 PM gives 1 missed call (Didn't have dinner, hence 1 Missed Call)
Dude 1 doesn't check
Dude 2 has dinner at 9.30PM while Dude 1 still doesn't check
Dude 2 gives 2 missed calls at 9.35PM (Had dinner, hence 2 missed calls)

Dude 1 gets a heart attack when he sees 3 missed calls at 9.40PM, as this thing (3 Missed calls) was not decided at all...
----------------------
Dude 1 - Should I wear the blue shirt or the pink one?
Dude 2 - Gives a call, with an intention to talk and say "none of them"
Dude 1 - What happened, give me missed call, 1 for blue and 2 for pink!
Dude 2 - Facepalm

Last edited:

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
that is a possibility, will look for more options when this happens.......

Lol, now you admit the hole in the system.
Seriously, ask your friend to borrow a local sim if he/she can't purchase one.

My Boss says "Don't wait until sh*t hits the fan" lol.

Just added 1 more scenario :p

OP
aaruni

aaruni

The Linux Guy
@ritvij:thanks for pointing out my mistake.

and is he really banned(as i just saw) or is it something else below his name

Top Bottom