Temps ok? ??

$$Lionking$$

In the zone
nope... It won't shutdown.... 8800gts card is used for to test my friends system or will always stay in my second system.. So that my little niece and nephew can have second system to play video games when they come to my room.. I don't want them to touch my main rig all the time especially when i am in office... :)) also i won't sell my old vid cards just like that.. I don't know maybe i don't want to sell them for so low price when we got for high price..
I even have 6600 ddr3 128mb, 6800gs cards tooo..
Also gpu chips can bear that heat but naturally their performance will drop along with life too... But won't die on the spot... This is coming from 1st generation fermi chip guy too... :wink: .. Fermi 470 and 480 are the worst chip ever made from nvidia or ati considering the heat they produce...

@gtx 470/480 - respect dude!!! B-)

S_V

In the zone
GTX 470 is killer performer and it's not Flop..... I am using those cards and They are devastating any game i throw at them.. Only Problem with them is heat and Stock Fan Sound at Load...

OP
V

vizkid2005

In the zone
Oh ..so heat is the issue ... India is very hot man ... CPU at full load maxing out at 60C ... wats the use of me gettin an after market cooler ... huh ..

I have Tapatalk Pro! !!!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ 60C under load is not too hot temp for the cpu.

Nope... It won't shutdown.... 8800GTS card is used for to test my friends system or will always stay in my second system.. So that my Little Niece and nephew can have second system to Play Video games when they come to my Room.. I don't want them to touch my Main Rig all the time especially when I am in Office... :)) Also I won't sell my Old Vid Cards just like that.. I don't know maybe I don't want to sell them for so low price when we got for High price..
I even have 6600 DDR3 128mb, 6800GS cards tooo..
Also GPU chips can bear that heat but naturally their performance will drop along with life too... But won't die on the spot... This is coming from 1st Generation Fermi Chip Guy too... :wink: .. Fermi 470 and 480 are the worst chip ever made from Nvidia or ATi considering the heat they produce...

Ok... thanks for the infos - nice collection of gfx cards from the green campaign ;-)

OP
V

vizkid2005

In the zone
@topgear ... dude the question is not that 60C is ok for CPU .. The point is why so high even with CM Hyper 212+ ??

Also ever since I pulled up the ASUS EPU Engine to turbo mode for more power the cpu is always at its highest clocks .. u see the multiplier in the pic ..
*img804.imageshack.us/img804/9919/56988256.png
earlier it used to be at 11 or 12 at no load an go up to 25 at full load ... now it remains constantly at 24.. 25 range even at no load ... U can see in the pic ...
may be this is causing the temps to go up ????
Please comment ...

S_V

In the zone
@Vizkid2005

First of all, CM Hyper 212+ is just an Average CPU cooler and second of all STOP using ASUS EPU Engine. IF you know the BIOS settings, go there and keep default settings first and Check your Temps...then try to Bump up volts or other CPU settings according to your needs.. These Asus Softwares use more volts and settings than necessary and keeps Temp's Higher than Normal settings..

Also 60c at Load is quite good for these Processors. If you are not satisified with temps , try to reseat your cooler or check if it is too Tight or too Loose becoz these are very important for Good Temps.

$$Lionking$$

In the zone
@Vizkid2005

First of all, CM Hyper 212+ is just an Average CPU cooler and second of all STOP using ASUS EPU Engine. IF you know the BIOS settings, go there and keep default settings first and Check your Temps...then try to Bump up volts or other CPU settings according to your needs.. These Asus Softwares use more volts and settings than necessary and keeps Temp's Higher than Normal settings..

Also 60c at Load is quite good for these Processors. If you are not satisified with temps , try to reseat your cooler or check if it is too Tight or too Loose becoz these are very important for Good Temps.

Hyper 212+ i just bad. Average is Hyper TX3/N520 etc...

Also 60C full load with 212+ - somethings VERY wrong there buddy!!

CA50

Cyborg Agent
^^ any explanation for that, in that case extreme use of prime95 or extreme gaming will kill my CPU and GPU as well

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@CA50, check BSODs and Driver Problems. prime95 is safe. it just constantly stretches processor to check for stability. no level of gaming can stretch a processor/GPU like a benchmark software does. most likely the FPS will drop too low & you'll be forced to lower graphics.

Top Bottom