Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
What's wrong with Like? Let people like something and share on facebook, what's wrong with that?

As for the like button in posts... that's a buggy VBSEO thing that I am yet to figure out. I want to enable a likes system that allows people to like threads without it meaning anything in terms of reputation etc.

What's wrong with Like? Let people like something and share on facebook, what's wrong with that?

As for the like button in posts... that's a buggy VBSEO thing that I am yet to figure out. I want to enable a likes system that allows people to like threads without it meaning anything in terms of reputation etc.

For that to happen, you'll need to remove the "Likes Received" and "Likes Given" count from member's profile.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

There's no harm from Likes and Share button, until it's used judicially. The problem arises when the hoard of having likes turns into an obsession. And people tuns a healthy discussion into a competition for the most likes one can get. I am not different. Even I won't resist all the likes my post can get. It's human nature. But I won't beg to get them below every post I write, in signatures or PM.

Sadly, most of people here are very different. Most are the direct transfers from FB. Where the like button is at its core. So when they see like button here, they tend to relate the forum with a less formal social networking site. Some threads under the chit chat threads (but not limited to) are a proof of this, where members talk like they are using an instant messenger.

So again, I am not against "Likes" but the commercialization of the same. If you want to give the buttons a trial, I will be more than welcome it. But it will be hard to control the repercussions if it takes an ugly form.

snap

Lurker
yeah don't want tdf to become like other forums, atleast there should be a dislike/unlike button. Simple TDF is the best.

ASHISH65

Technomancer
yeah don't want tdf to become like other forums, atleast there should be a dislike/unlike button. Simple TDF is the best.

Dislike/unlike is bad idea too,many users will intentionally dislike post and later lead to war......

Do not implement like/dislike in forum please.....:|

amjath

Human Spambot
But instead of posting junk or the information posted which was not researched can be avoided. Spammers spamming can be avoided.
Reputation system is good and encouraging for the people who are really helpful.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent

No Like button... Enough said!!! :-x

But instead of posting junk or the information posted which was not researched can be avoided. Spammers spamming can be avoided.
Reputation system is good and encouraging for the people who are really helpful.

Reputation system will lead to more spamming; there's two sides to every coin!!! :-( Sad but true...

Why? Let's see if people misuse it before condemning it.

:facepalm:

Look, just start a poll on whether there should/should not be a 'like' button...
You do believe in democracy, unlike some of the mods here, right???
At least that's what we, your dear readers, expect from you...

+1 for simple TDF. We don't want TDF to be like other forums where people compete for getting likes and thanks, where the skin is to cartoonish that it remotely resembles a tech discussion forum. A 1 week pool for implementing like feature will be useful.

Flash

Lost in speed

+1. A simple like feature is always good. It don't have to be linked to a users profile, but can be limited to that comment itself.

If it were a reputation meter of something like that, people will always say "Rep me if you like" for every (useful) comment they make..
There's no use if Rep button is added, but not linked with user profile. "Like" on the other hand is different.

ASHISH65

Technomancer
Still "like" is appearing in this section - *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/storage/1...erm-data-storage-reliability.html#post2053365

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom