Tata Photon + queries

gurujee

Can't Talk. In The Zone.
Hi all,

after feeling like cheated by bsnl 3g speed and performance, i want to buy a photon+ having heard about its good speed, service etc.

However, Want to know one more thing. Does it assign dedicated IP to every user ? How is rapidshare etc & Torrent downloads ? What technology it uses - 3g(gsm) or rev(cdma) ?

since it has no unlimited schemes, and bsnl evdo has, should i also consider BSNL EVDO ?

Vedanta

The Dark Prophet
I normally get 60 kbps average downloading. speed on my photon+, and rarely it crosses 100 kbps.. plus it doesn't disconnect frequently like other wireless dongles.

Are you not getting speeds on BSNL 3G? I was thinking of shifting to MTNL 3G here, in delhi. Don't know what the speeds are, and the services, too.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Photon+ uses cdma. there are dynamic ips given and as far as speed is concerned, it depends upon your area and also time. better ask for a demo.
speed varies a lot and as far as support is concerned, it is not very good. i have talked to cs people for 7-8 times and i have found MORONS only.
they even blocked some 35 sites including rapidshare (but no torrent block) for 7-8 days last month just like that without any prior info and any proper explanation.

OP
gurujee

gurujee

Can't Talk. In The Zone.
Oh..Dynamic IPs that means the same message "you are currently downloading a file, please wait"... !!!

Seems doubtful...ANyway thanks very much for your reply. :)

Vedanta

The Dark Prophet
Yes I will use MTNL with the Micromax modem. Currently I have considered MMX 310G which is max 3.6 mbps and can be used with any sim.. do u think speeds will be more than this limit? I think 7.2 mbps will currently be a waste of money, isn't it?

OP
gurujee

gurujee

Can't Talk. In The Zone.
got photon+. seems satisfied with the speed.
orissa has bsnl. and its slow. photon is expensive but its worth if u are not dl hungry.

Rs.1200 for 10gb unlimited

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
this 10GB comes under FUP (10GB Unlimited plan). this 10GB is upload + download and after this the speed goes down to 150 something :(

Top Bottom