Tata Nano, Marutu 800 or Maruti Omni

regmi

Broken In
Hi all,

I have to buy my 1st car and just got my driving license and I am not used to driving on street. I have to decide between these 3, TATA NANO, MARUTI 800 or MARUTI OMNI 8 Seater, no other choices. I will drive only inside city. I will have to buy within a week and I am very much confused. Please suggest me guys.
ty

I am expecting some suggestions really quick, please help guys.
ty

kneo

Broken In
Wait for this

*www.yourmoneysite.com/news/2012/se...igher-fuel-efficiency-by-oct-second-week.html

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Go with Omni. Atleast will keep you satisfied for long and its multi utility than the other two.Moreso if you prefer to upgrade , you will be looking a the wrong side of 10 lakhs which will prevent you from the upgrade bug.

OP
R

regmi

Broken In
thanks all for replying.
How is tata nano? All people around me suugest not to buy nano. I have added alto lx to this, is it better than those 3?

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Alto Lx would be def better than the above 2 i.e tata nano and maturi 800 (I guess no intelligence required to figure this out :))

However between Maruti Omni and Alto LX all depends on how and for what you want to use it ? Both almost serve different purposes.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Alto makes sense if it's your first car. Decent looks, good fuel efficiency and reliability. :)

BTW, budget?

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
Alto and M800 are safer than Omni IMO.

But since you asked M800 vs Nano vs Omni, I would say M800. BTW 800 is no longer available in Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai and any other city where BS-4 is required for registration.

OP
R

regmi

Broken In
Thanks all for replying. I booked Alto LX, silver color,will get it this monday or tuesday. By the way I am from nepal and I am buying this in Kathmandu. The cost of Alto LX is 9 lakhs INR here that is 1449000 NR. Dont get shocked of high price the tax is almost 300% lol. Omni costs around 8 lakhs INR , M800 costs 660k INR and Nano full options cost 6.2 lakh Indian Rupees lol.

And my sister bought Hero Honda Pleasure for around 90 K Indian rupees :(

lol

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
Thanks all for replying. I booked Alto LX, silver color,will get it this monday or tuesday. By the way I am from nepal and I am buying this in Kathmandu. The cost of Alto LX is 9 lakhs INR here that is 14,49,000 NR. Dont get shocked of high price the tax is almost 300% lol. Omni costs around 8 lakhs INR , M800 costs 660k INR and Nano full options cost 6.2 lakh Indian Rupees lol.

And my sister bought Hero Honda Pleasure for around 90 K Indian rupees :(

lol

Congrats for the car!

BTW Alto here is around 2.5 Lakhs. So it costed about 7 times to you! :shock:

Satyaram

Right off the assembly line
i have a Nano and have thoroughly enjoyed the experience in the last six months.

During the buying the decision i didnt get positive reviews but they were from people who havent used the car.

I took a test drive and spoke to actual owners of the car and to my surprise got wonderful reviews.

Today i too am a great believer of grest car which is unfortunately plagued my misconceptions and does not have a fair/objective review.

Do read these these reviews

*www. cartrade.com /reviews/Tata-Nano-user-115816.html

[Link removed at web-site's request]

Small Package- Big Surprise - A Review on Tata Nano by Arun Krishna - CarWale

Review test drive: Tata nano - Moneylife

Finally believe in yourself in your own experience.

This is perfect city car while the long drives are great fun too.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
R

regmi

Broken In
@Nipun , its 9 lakh indian rupees so its almost 4 times :(

@satyaram, thanks for the links and reviews. I personally like the nano but people around me suggest me not to buy it and now I know that these are people who never even came close to nano. I will certainly buy Nano someday may be just for fun and its looks. For now I will learn driving with Alto, hope its easy to drive.

aloodum

Journeyman
^^ congrats, both for ur car and the fact that ur having a good time with the same :)

Btw ,when is ur first servicing due?
Till then, try not to be harsh to the car... run -in your engine properly and it will ensure a good foundation.
You will find loads of threads on indian motoring sites(team bhp) regarding the alto..Do read them time onc a while.

Cheers!!

aloodum

Journeyman
^^^ err last time i checked(quite some time i admit) the threads has quality info, but as i can see from your reaction, not too rosey these days?

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
^^^ err last time i checked(quite some time i admit) the threads has quality info, but as i can see from your reaction, not too rosey these days?

Some threads are of really good quality, I agree, but many members are very rude. I don't like visiting that place.
BTW This was offtopic. :)

Top Bottom