• CONTEST ALERT - Experience the power of DDR5 memory with Kingston Click for details

Tata Nano, Marutu 800 or Maruti Omni

regmi

Broken In
Hi all,

I have to buy my 1st car and just got my driving license and I am not used to driving on street. I have to decide between these 3, TATA NANO, MARUTI 800 or MARUTI OMNI 8 Seater, no other choices. I will drive only inside city. I will have to buy within a week and I am very much confused. Please suggest me guys.
ty

I am expecting some suggestions really quick, please help guys.
ty

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Go with Omni. Atleast will keep you satisfied for long and its multi utility than the other two.Moreso if you prefer to upgrade , you will be looking a the wrong side of 10 lakhs which will prevent you from the upgrade bug.

OP
R

regmi

Broken In
thanks all for replying.
How is tata nano? All people around me suugest not to buy nano. I have added alto lx to this, is it better than those 3?

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Alto Lx would be def better than the above 2 i.e tata nano and maturi 800 (I guess no intelligence required to figure this out :))

However between Maruti Omni and Alto LX all depends on how and for what you want to use it ? Both almost serve different purposes.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Alto makes sense if it's your first car. Decent looks, good fuel efficiency and reliability. :)

BTW, budget?

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
Alto and M800 are safer than Omni IMO.

But since you asked M800 vs Nano vs Omni, I would say M800. BTW 800 is no longer available in Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai and any other city where BS-4 is required for registration.

OP
R

regmi

Broken In
Thanks all for replying. I booked Alto LX, silver color,will get it this monday or tuesday. By the way I am from nepal and I am buying this in Kathmandu. The cost of Alto LX is 9 lakhs INR here that is 1449000 NR. Dont get shocked of high price the tax is almost 300% lol. Omni costs around 8 lakhs INR , M800 costs 660k INR and Nano full options cost 6.2 lakh Indian Rupees lol.

And my sister bought Hero Honda Pleasure for around 90 K Indian rupees :(

lol

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
Thanks all for replying. I booked Alto LX, silver color,will get it this monday or tuesday. By the way I am from nepal and I am buying this in Kathmandu. The cost of Alto LX is 9 lakhs INR here that is 14,49,000 NR. Dont get shocked of high price the tax is almost 300% lol. Omni costs around 8 lakhs INR , M800 costs 660k INR and Nano full options cost 6.2 lakh Indian Rupees lol.

And my sister bought Hero Honda Pleasure for around 90 K Indian rupees :(

lol

Congrats for the car!

BTW Alto here is around 2.5 Lakhs. So it costed about 7 times to you! :shock:

Satyaram

Right off the assembly line
i have a Nano and have thoroughly enjoyed the experience in the last six months.

During the buying the decision i didnt get positive reviews but they were from people who havent used the car.

I took a test drive and spoke to actual owners of the car and to my surprise got wonderful reviews.

Today i too am a great believer of grest car which is unfortunately plagued my misconceptions and does not have a fair/objective review.

Do read these these reviews

http://www. cartrade.com /reviews/Tata-Nano-user-115816.html

[Link removed at web-site's request]

Small Package- Big Surprise - A Review on Tata Nano by Arun Krishna - CarWale

Review test drive: Tata nano - Moneylife

Finally believe in yourself in your own experience.

This is perfect city car while the long drives are great fun too.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
R

regmi

Broken In
@Nipun , its 9 lakh indian rupees so its almost 4 times :(

@satyaram, thanks for the links and reviews. I personally like the nano but people around me suggest me not to buy it and now I know that these are people who never even came close to nano. I will certainly buy Nano someday may be just for fun and its looks. For now I will learn driving with Alto, hope its easy to drive.

aloodum

Journeyman
^^ congrats, both for ur car and the fact that ur having a good time with the same :)

Btw ,when is ur first servicing due?
Till then, try not to be harsh to the car... run -in your engine properly and it will ensure a good foundation.
You will find loads of threads on indian motoring sites(team bhp) regarding the alto..Do read them time onc a while.

Cheers!!

aloodum

Journeyman
^^^ err last time i checked(quite some time i admit) the threads has quality info, but as i can see from your reaction, not too rosey these days?

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
^^^ err last time i checked(quite some time i admit) the threads has quality info, but as i can see from your reaction, not too rosey these days?

Some threads are of really good quality, I agree, but many members are very rude. I don't like visiting that place.
BTW This was offtopic. :)

Top Bottom