Tablet for Dad

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
hey guys, My parents anniversary is coming up next month and I have to give some gifts to them.

Mom wants a watch so that part is covered.

Now for my dad I want to gift him a tablet. he uses a Android phone, so he should be a little comfortable with it.

primary use: watching youtube videos/movies over network . music, web surfing (Indian Rail official page should run flawlessly :D) . please note display clarity should be good on webpages.

Budget : 7-10K not more.. I cannot afford more than that in August month :oops:

I think only 7" tablets are in this range.

I have seen a couple thread and most of them are yet to release.

im considering Micromax funbook, but I think it has issues when it comes to web page rendering .. please correct me if I am wrong on that part.

I have to get this before 18 August max (considering shipment delays etc) so that I can present it on their wedding anniversary

EDIT: please do quote approximate cost of the product. if possible a link to a product page :)

Last edited:

akkib89

Broken In
Vizio vz706 seems agood tablet. Vizio is very good american company. You can go for Beetel tablet also. It has some good, if not great, reviews.

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
thanks guys

im not getting time to do research.. I hardly get 1hr free time when I go home.. :( ..

ill check online reviews of one device per day till next week, and by second week I should be able to decide on which device to order.

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ What would be the release data.. cause I need that on hand on or before 18 or 19 (sunday) this month..

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
^^ but should I consider FB Pro even before any reviews are out?

well i m little skeptical on this.. as last tym also almost 40% of people know to me who purchased FB are suffering audio problem..

i wish this time they launch a long life product.. bt i think you should w8 for some time..

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I need to reconsider my budget.. cannot go for 10K tablet.. shifting back to 7K . real disappointment for me.

BTW how does the EMI work on snapdeal? should I have a credit card? I only have debit cards :(

Top Bottom