Tablet confusion ?!?!?

ashs1

Padawan
hi guys..

I recently decided on purchasing a tablet within 20k( strict budget) with the sole purpose of watching Movies/TV Series and playing games ( mediocre usage..restricted to real racing 3/gt racing 2/asphalt ).. My media contents would be mainly of 1080p movies from*ahem* sites ;)..

With the help of tdf members, i finalized on Nexus 7 2013 tablet.. The tablet is available at flipkart @15k*...
But, one of my friends suggested to me that it would be better to buy a phablet like sony z ultra @20k or lenevo vibe x2 @20k as they would have better processing power for future-proof purposes..

Now i am confused whether to get a tablet or phablet..The nexus 7 2013 is almost 2 years old now..it might get android m update as well, but i am confused on how feasible it would be on getting it now..the processor is quite average when compared to z ultra..
But, on the other hand, its screen is pretty awesome and apparently, its pretty much handles most of the tasks easily...

should i stick with nexus 7 or go for the phablets ??
Also, are there any good vfm tablets that might be released in the next 2-3 months ? if so, i could wait..

Thanks
Regards
Ash

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
hi guys..

I recently decided on purchasing a tablet within 20k( strict budget) with the sole purpose of watching Movies/TV Series and playing games ( mediocre usage..restricted to real racing 3/gt racing 2/asphalt ).. My media contents would be mainly of 1080p movies from*ahem* sites ;)..

With the help of tdf members, i finalized on Nexus 7 2013 tablet.. The tablet is available at flipkart @15k*...
But, one of my friends suggested to me that it would be better to buy a phablet like sony z ultra @20k or lenevo vibe x2 @20k as they would have better processing power for future-proof purposes..

Now i am confused whether to get a tablet or phablet..The nexus 7 2013 is almost 2 years old now..it might get android m update as well, but i am confused on how feasible it would be on getting it now..the processor is quite average when compared to z ultra..
But, on the other hand, its screen is pretty awesome and apparently, its pretty much handles most of the tasks easily...

should i stick with nexus 7 or go for the phablets ??
Also, are there any good vfm tablets that might be released in the next 2-3 months ? if so, i could wait..

Thanks
Regards
Ash

Frankly Nexus 7 is a good tablet but its gone deadly slow after 5.0 OTA and google doesnt seem to be optimising updates for older Nexus devices but Id still get it over the phablets you mentioned

if you want my personal opinion,get the iPad mini or a regular iPad instead
the quality of components is much better and its roughly the same price
ios 8 is smooth even on older devices and jailbreak makes the package even sweeter
without jailbreak,you will ofcourse miss bluetooth but a jailbreak tweak can enable full support
^^just my personal opinion after owning a Nexus 5,7(2012), iPads 2,3,4,Mini 1 all running the latest OTAs from respective companies
Lollipop has basically broken my N7 2012s functionality
its slow on 2013 as well,so only buy it if you intend to stay on kitkat or use a custom ROM

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
^^ Yeah forgot to include Nokia N1 as well , its a worthy tablet especially if it maintains the rumoured 12-14k price tag

$hadow

Geek in making
I think google will eventually fix it but if not so why you are the owner of nexus device. Go to xda and enjoy.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
I think google will eventually fix it but if not so why you are the owner of nexus device. Go to xda and enjoy.

yeah but still,since im not the primary user,i keep it stock for now
I would expect atleast some level of usability from an official update

OP
ashs1

ashs1

Padawan
Why not wait and get nokia n1? I think it's a crazy good android tablet...

^^ Yeah forgot to include Nokia N1 as well , its a worthy tablet especially if it maintains the rumoured 12-14k price tag
I just checked out the features of nokia n1...Looks like its too good to be true.. Size is perfect, display looks great and the processor/gpu is good as well.. But, unless I missed something, there's virtually no word on when its going to be launched here in India...so far, its sold only in China..also, not a lot of reviews of it even after 4 successful flash sales.. :O.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
I just checked out the features of nokia n1...Looks like its too good to be true.. Size is perfect, display looks great and the processor/gpu is good as well.. But, unless I missed something, there's virtually no word on when its going to be launched here in India...so far, its sold only in China..also, not a lot of reviews of it even after 4 successful flash sales.. :O.

its gonna come to India I heard,because they wanted to start off with China first and move on to other developing countries like India(rumour)

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I hope they don't decide to sell it in flash sales. There are @ssholes who will get it in order to black market it later at a much higher price. :mad:

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
I hope they don't decide to sell it in flash sales. There are @ssholes who will get it in order to black market it later at a much higher price. :mad:

totally agree!! flash sales also show desperation on part of the company to create a hype

$hadow

Geek in making
yeah but still,since im not the primary user,i keep it stock for now
I would expect atleast some level of usability from an official update

They will fix it eventually. I am just worried about the ram management bug and it will be fixed soon. Some devices even got 5.1 today.

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
BTW nokia n1 is the only premium looking android device till now. And I think it will release in India in a month or two.

OP
ashs1

ashs1

Padawan
some good news..looks like i might have convinced my brother to contribute for my tablet purchase funds. :p. The deal is we'll have to share the tablet & he'll chip in about Rs 10k , making my budget Rs. 30k .. ... I am fine with this as he'll mostly be using it during sunday.. His main usage will be watching full hd movies only..

so, now that my budget is 30k(strict), Any tablet recommended for such purposes ?? I am thinking of Nexus 9 (wifi only)..does it support external HDD using OTG ( without root ) ?? Any other suggesstions ? I liked the apple ipad, but the ecosystem feels too restricted , when compared to android. :(

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
^Why aren'tyou going for Windows OS based Tablets at that budget?????????????????

$hadow

Geek in making
For that price nexus 9 is good. But if you want premium feel than athe ipad air is always a great option to consider. But lollipop will alow you multi user setup.

kg11sgbg

^What you said are also present on Windows based "premium" Tablets.
Apple is a different league altogether.

OP
ashs1

ashs1

Padawan
For that price nexus 9 is good. But if you want premium feel than athe ipad air is always a great option to consider. But lollipop will alow you multi user setup.

^What you said are also present on Windows based "premium" Tablets.
Apple is a different league altogether.

tbh, i never considered windows tablets ... Any particular tablets that can give N9/ipad air2 a good fight ?? What exactly would be windows tablets advantages over Lollipop/ios ???

does ios has the wifi direct facilty ( to use apps like shareit, software data cable or similar apps ) ? :) This is imp. because i use such apps a lot of time.

kg11sgbg

tbh, i never considered windows tablets ... Any particular tablets that can give N9/ipad air2 a good fight ?? What exactly would be windows tablets advantages over Lollipop/ios ???

does ios has the wifi direct facilty ( to use apps like shareit, software data cable or similar apps ) ? :) This is imp. because i use such apps a lot of time.
Never had any experience with ipad or ios,can't comment on that.
Using Android Tablets for quite some time which is great.
But Windows Tablet(Full and complete Windows OS) gives you the complete enriched experience,usability and functioning,that you normally do on a Windows based Desktop-PC or Laptop.

$hadow

Geek in making

Sharing is not the strongest point of Ios. I mean you can only share data to a certain apps in the tablet itself let alone the sharing to other devices. For sharing android all the way.

OP
ashs1

ashs1

Padawan
Never had any experience with ipad or ios,can't comment on that.
Using Android Tablets for quite some time which is great.
But Windows Tablet(Full and complete Windows OS) gives you the complete enriched experience,usability and functioning,that you normally do on a Windows based Desktop-PC or Laptop.

My Main usage would be movie watching and gaming..From what i've seen on my dad's Lumia 535, Windows has excellent productivity apps, but gaming dept. is disappointing...Apple & ios,on the other hand, provide decent no. of apps on both depts..

Sharing is not the strongest point of Ios. I mean you can only share data to a certain apps in the tablet itself let alone the sharing to other devices. For sharing android all the way.

Just like i suspected..i regularly use apps like shareit to transfer between devices..The display/processor/build of ipad is flawless, but when it comes to connectivity/storage, it sucks.. everytime i want to watch a video, i have to connect it to PC & sync it, which seems a bit of a hassle for me.. :(

Top Bottom