Tablet confusion ?!?!?

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Is Lumia 520 a mid range phone or an entry level phone ( honest inquiry, not being rhetorical )? Whatsapp on Windows has tons of limitations compared to its Android counter part. Same can be said about the Facebook app. Many apps on Store are from unverified developers, below par compared to the ones available on Android.

You want stable , smooth performance, no glitches, brilliant photos and videos, get iPad. You want apps and games , Android. Windows loses out to both imho.

im sorry I dont quite agree again
I have an ipad 2,3,4 , Nexus 5 and 7(2012),Moto E,BB Z10 and Lumia 720 and 820 in my household
so yeah I pretty much know what im talking about

first off Lumia 520 is a low range(entry) phone which performs excellent compared to the Moto E for the same price
FB on Windows Phone is miles ahead on my 720 than on my ipad 4

Windows phone doesnt have "limitations",not all of us want pirated games(no offense but its a reason most stick to android,nothing personal),recovery options custom roms
you wouldnt ever need recovery and custom roms etc in the first place if all androids ran stable roms such as Stock 4.4.4(5.0 is a mess) ,WP doesnt need these things at all

most android apps are malware ridden or fake,I fail to see why Wp apps are considered below par(except instagram, the missing snapchat app and Whatsapp which is pathetic on all platforms including android and ios)

how does whatsapp have "limitations"?? other than the option to turn off the "blue ticks" which is android-only for now

WP 3rd party apps arent from "unverified devs" , Devs like Rudy Huyn are freelancers who code better than the first party itself,so well that apps such as official Dropbox etc were made by him on request

Sure iPad is relatively stable but it has its own set of issues,as a tablet, I prefer iPad but not as a phone
WP has balance between the closed iOS and extra open android,it just needs time to mature more but its certainly not losing out
it may have certain drawbacks,but not enough to ditch the platform

Once you actually own/use all platforms properly,such statements can be made

hope you arent taking offense to my statement :)
im simply stating my opinion after owning/using all platforms properly

$hadow

Geek in making
Well commenting on one platform is incomplete unless you have used it throughly as a daily driver. i have used all the three and Ios used to be great but with Ios 8 it is full of bugs and glitches coupled with a lot of crashes. Windows is certainly performing better with denim update and android is still on partially suck and love phase.

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
Look out for Xperia z4 tablet.. It's everything you need in tablets and much better than ipad in every way except service and arguably, app selection. Apart from that, it's miles better than ipad.

And yes, also check out nokia n1 as its showcased in mwc.

OP
ashs1

ashs1

Padawan
I was waiting for news on Nokia n1.. A lot of sites have now posted hands on review of nokia n1.. Almost every website is pleased with it.. :)

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
I can't understand what's the hype about ipads, really. People say that ipads have great selection of apps but I can't even tell the difference between android and ipad apps. Every entertainment app is available for Android at very cheap price when compared to ipads.

Apart from the build quality, which even android oem are providing the, is no better than Android IMHO.

Please explain me if I'm wrong in my above statements.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
^^ Im sorry but ive had a better experience with my iPad 2 than with my Nexus 7
The quality of apps,consistency of updates etc is better with iPad
the aesthetics of iOS is better on iPad than android on a tablet
as a tablet - iPad is better value for money and works beautifully
you want real productivity- Windows tablets(not RT) all the way!
android has no real space outside of phones imho(its a phone centric OS while iOS has grown to be more tablet-centric)

its the opposite in phones however ,iphones arent worth it

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
^^ Im sorry but ive had a better experience with my iPad 2 than with my Nexus 7
The quality of apps,consistency of updates etc is better with iPad
the aesthetics of iOS is better on iPad than android on a tablet
as a tablet - iPad is better value for money and works beautifully
you want real productivity- Windows tablets(not RT) all the way!
android has no real space outside of phones imho(its a phone centric OS while iOS has grown to be more tablet-centric)

its the opposite in phones however ,iphones arent worth it
Can you elaborate? Like in what apps does ipad perform better than its android competitors? I've used both of them and found no difference in app stability or usefulness.

Infact, according to one survey, android lollipop is more stable when compared to ios.

So can you explain how and in what apps ipad is better?

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Can you elaborate? Like in what apps does ipad perform better than its android competitors? I've used both of them and found no difference in app stability or usefulness.

Infact, according to one survey, android lollipop is more stable when compared to ios.

So can you explain how and in what apps ipad is better?

ive found android Lollipop to be a massive downgrade
ios 8 used to have crashes but its fixed since 8.1.3
ios 8 is faster than ios 6 on my iPad 2

every app which ive used on my iPad has been better than on my Nexus 7 such as FB,Youtube etc
also android isnt consistent and optimised for tablets at all,the lack of gestures or UI design for tablets is largely lacking

I dont believe in surveys,I also own an iPad 3 and an iPad 4 but I chose to compare my Nexus 7 with my iPad 2 which despite being older and having "inferior" hardware has provided a better experience for me
Ive tried custom roms etc alot but ios is the better than android in tablets
in phones ,its the opposite

ios also scales iphone apps much better than android phone optimised apps on android tablets
most android apps are loaded with tonnes of apps and play store even has fake apps /malware
there is persistent touchscreen lag in android tabs as well,once you use an iPad as your primary tablet,this becomes obvious
android apps dont follow a specific design UI,they all are different and its very annoying after sometime

OP
ashs1

ashs1

Padawan
If there is no word on Nokia n1 by April first week, I will probably go with the iPad..n1 really seems perfect for me... Will post my decision then.

OP
ashs1

ashs1

Padawan
Z4 is also a gr8 device, but Z4 tablet will be obviously priced way beyond my budget..my current budget is around 30-33 k max .. I just read that z4 is priced at €559..

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
[MENTION=173432]ashs1[/MENTION], you could have a look at acer aspire switch10 (2-in-1) hybrid,if that suits you, as it is well within your budget.
Full Windows-8.1 OS.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
why suggest xperia? theres a high possibility the xperia might be shut down soon....

- - - Updated - - -

[MENTION=173432]ashs1[/MENTION], you could have a look at acer aspire switch10 (2-in-1) hybrid,if that suits you, as it is well within your budget.
Full Windows-8.1 OS.

+1 to windows tablets but im not a fan of Acer,Dell Venue Pro 8 and HP Omni are a safer buys imho

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
why suggest xperia? theres a high possibility the xperia might be shut down soon....

- - - Updated - - -
+1 to windows tablets but im not a fan of Acer,Dell Venue Pro 8 and HP Omni are a safer buys imho
You are correct to your liking & wish.
HP and DELL are always superior to Acer,but they haven't come up with a hybrid(detachable)model at this budget and price point. That's why I referred.
In fact Lenovo models are also very good particularly the Yoga 2 Windows based Tablet.

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
[MENTION=184724]kkn13[/MENTION]

Sony won't exit smartphone & TV businesses; to push sales in smaller cities for profitable growth - Economic Times

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
You are correct to your liking & wish.
HP and DELL are always superior to Acer,but they haven't come up with a hybrid(detachable)model at this budget and price point. That's why I referred.
In fact Lenovo models are also very good particularly the Yoga 2 Windows based Tablet.

yeah hadnt thought of the detachable keyboard
a nice alternative is the new Microsoft Foldable one

- - - Updated - - -

[MENTION=184724]kkn13[/MENTION]

Sony won't exit smartphone & TV businesses; to push sales in smaller cities for profitable growth - Economic Times

wouldnt count totally on it
plus Sonys portables have had self cracking and overheating issues as well for a while now-Ps Vita, Xperia Z series(all phones)
best is to wait and see..

$hadow

Geek in making
Why MS do not launch the surface pro in India is still a big question. The market has the potential but MS overlooks it every time.

Top Bottom