Tablet Buyer's Guide

markerOne

In the zone
Re: Tablet Buying Guide

Great work Sam.. My brother was looking to buy a Tab under 15k. The list gave me some good options.. Off to eBay & Amazon now!

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan

which one to go for? Karbonn Smart Tab 8 or Lava E-Tab Xtron Plus or ASUS Memo Pad ME172V? (budget is 7K, the lesser the better)
usage - reading books, pdfs, watching video clips (not full movies)
good ass is needed.

or go for nexus wifi (inr9999)? is it better than the above?
or wait for ASUS Memo Pad 8 to release here?

after purchasing any one, next one will not be purchased for at least 1 year, may be more.

One Noob question - Wifi only means what? only Wifi? usb data cards (3g / cdma like photon+) can't be used in it?

Last edited:

I dont think we have any windows or other OS tabs in this range.
This is for my friend's Dad. No Broadband connection at home so 3G is must. He has some vision problem. So Bigger is better. Wanted to buy the Nexus 7 32GB+3G which i own. But this is out of my budget.
Planning to buy before diwali offers end.

1. Budget? 10-12k
2. Display type and size? min 7"
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip? Bar
4. Preferred choice of brand? No preference
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type). Touch
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera. Front CAM is must; Back CAM is optional
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc). Andriod
8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly. 3G+Wifi ; Calling facility is optional
9. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)? Email ; Web broswing ; Skype ; Movies ; Gaming
10. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? Swipe MTV Slate Tablet
11. Any other info that you want to share None

Sam, need your inputs on this.

sandynator

Cyborg Agent

Guys, Can we expect more price reduction in nexus 7 16gb version? current pricing 9999 but few weeks back it was for 8999 for 1 or 2 days. One of the reviewer on F/k had mention it was as low as 7500 for a day.

Is there any Rockchip rk3066 tablet with j/b 4.2 around 6k?

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

^ Google is surely going to discontinue Nexus 7 2012. And you may find it cheaper if you use the coupon codes but at 9999 it beats every known tab out there for value.

Is there any Rockchip rk3066 tablet with j/b 4.2 around 6k?

not possible to say. most of the tabs never disclose the chipset rather the processor and rarely the GPU used.

sandynator

Cyborg Agent

^ Google is surely going to discontinue Nexus 7 2012. And you may find it cheaper if you use the coupon codes but at 9999 it beats every known tab out there for value.

not possible to say. most of the tabs never disclose the chipset rather the processor and rarely the GPU used.

I guess lava xtron+ is only tab with Rockchip rk3066 @ 1.5 ghz officially available in India.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA

^It's better to buy Lava XTRON only for its IPS display,as XTRON+ has just a LCD display,not an IPS panel LCD.

I myself purchased PiPo Max-M8 Pro from eBay. Hoping to receive the Tablet delivered to me by Today.

According to "slatedroid" Forum,the Tablet is an excellent device with elegant build and promising features + functions,commented by those of whom had purchased and used it.
PPI is 160.58 which may not be the definite best(as it is not having Retina display that comes with higher PPI rates) but much,much better and good display compared to some extravagant Tabs...

Shah

Cyborg Agent

@sam: Galaxy Tab 3 T210 lacks 3G connectivity. Correct it in post #3

quagmire

Allllright !

Apple iPad Air, iPad mini Retina India pricing and launch dates revealed: Report - Tablets

16GB Wifi only just 4k more than US pricing.. Not bad..

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA

PiPo Max-M8 Pro benchmarks :

Antutu : 13750

Quadrant Benchmark : 4897

NenaMark 2 : 51.4fps

Running on Android-4.2.2(JellyBean)

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz

I wanted to buy a tablet to replace my ancient desktop and the LG GPad 8.3 interests me. Pls give your opinions and alteratives for around 25k.(productivity tablets preferred)

$hadow

Geek in making

Well now with both ipad mini 2 and nexus 7 2013 prices are out which one appears to be a better vfm.

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz

I don't mind an iPad mini but its higher storage options are ridiculously priced. I would have connected an external HDD to a tablet if that's possible but I dunno whether both of them support USB OTG.

Tarun Singh

Banned

Should I buy Nexus 7 for Rs 7999 at Flipkart ? I am asking this as there are many buyers saying about defects like screen flickering etc.Any buyer here ?

Top Bottom