Syria = Starting point of the Third world war?

Flash

Lost in speed
The crisis in Syria may appear to be no more than a civil war in a country many people would struggle to place on a map.
But it’s much more than that: it is rapidly becoming a sectarian deadly power struggle between two bitterly opposed Muslim sects, Sunni and Shia that is bleeding across the Middle East.

Like Father Like Son
Already, the war in Syria has resulted in 93,000 dead and 1.6 million refugees, with millions more displaced internally. The conflict started in 2011 with peaceful protests against the authoritarian regime of Bashar al-Assad, the seemingly mild successor to his father Hafez, who between 1970 and 2000 ruled Syria with a rod of iron. Hafez’s response to dissent from the Sunni Muslim Brotherhood was to wipe out a town of 20,000 people.
The opposition developed into an armed insurgency, and now Syria has been engulfed in a civil war which has degenerated into a vicious sectarian conflict.

Regional repercussions and US involvement

What happens in Syria affects Israel, with which it shares a militarised border on the Golan Heights. And what affects Israel also involves the U.S., its staunch ally.
Assad is advised (and directly supported) by Iran’s Revolutionary Guard, and there are also between 5,000 and 8,000 seasoned Hezbollah fighters inside Syria
The Obama administration is preparing a military attack against Syria which has the potential of starting World War III. In fact, it is being reported that cruise missile strikes could begin “as early as Thursday”.

The Obama administration is pledging that the strikes will be “limited”, but what happens when the Syrians fight back?
If Syrian missiles start raining down on Tel Aviv, Israel will be extremely tempted to absolutely flatten Damascus, and they are more than capable of doing precisely that. And of course Hezbollah and Iran are not likely to just sit idly by as their close ally Syria is battered into oblivion.

We are looking at a scenario where the entire Middle East could be set aflame, and that might only be just the beginning.

The Sino-Russian axis
Russia and China are sternly warning the U.S. government not to get involved in Syria, and by starting a war with Syria the US will do an extraordinary amount of damage to its relationships with those two global superpowers. Could this be the beginning of a chain of events that could eventually lead to a massive global conflict with Russia and China on one side and the United States on the other?

Syria said that it will use ”all means available” to defend itself if the United States attacks!

It maybe that The entire scenario we are seeing is one big magic act that began long ago, and Syria is just the ‘flash-bang’ diversion of the act, albeit a vital one

America needs a Third World War

War has a great deal with the American economic system. This system – America’s brand of capitalism – functions first and foremost to make extremely rich Americans like the Bush “money dynasty” even richer. Without warm or cold wars, however, this system can no longer produce the expected result in the form of the ever-higher profits the moneyed and powerful of America consider as their birthright.

The great strength of American capitalism is also its great weakness, namely, its extremely high productivity
Moreover, US strategy proceeds from the assumption that losing global supremacy is unacceptable to the country. The linkage between global leadership and the XXI century prosperity is an axiom for the US elites regardless of political details.

Therefore, Getting rid of Iran and Syria which stand in the way of the US global dominance would be Washington’s natural next step. Attempts to topple the Iranian regime by means of inciting civilian unrest in the country failed fabulously, and military analysts suspect that an intervention scenario akin to those implemented in dealing with Iraq and Afghanistan is awaiting Iran. The plan has serious chances to materialize even though as of today even the withdrawal from Iraq and Afghanistan presents the US with considerable problems.

Source: Opinion: America needs a Third World War and the starting point is Syria! - The Tunis Times | The Tunis Times

Even as the US mulls unilateral military strikes against Syria for alleged use of chemical weapons, India on Saturday expresses reservations suggesting it will not support any action against the Bashar Assad regime which is not authorized by the UN.

Foreign minister Salman Khurshid described the situation as very complicated as he said India will remain committed to any action by the UN.

"When UN acts we are willing to take positions which are adverse to our friends as well...we will support the UN (on Syria) but difficult to say if we can go beyond that," said Khurshid.

Source: India to back UN on action against Syria: Salman Khurshid - Times Of India

But, we can't trust Khurshid's statement. What do you think, the agitation is going?

Hrishi

Indian won't /shouldn't go in the war in any case. It will loose something or other no matter whose side it chooses.

I don't think WWIII is going to take place . America is always looking to put it's monstrous military expenditure to some practice use.This time Syria.

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
How is the Syrian case a World War III?

Edit:- I see that you have copy pasted the whole post...ahh my bad..

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
How is the Syrian case a World War III?

Edit:- I see that you have copy pasted the whole post...ahh my bad..

+1 to this.
He just copy pasted everything.
WW3 won't come until Jewish brotherhood is offended in any way and that is not going to happen. US is not at all trigger happy about starting WW3 because its economy is still recuperating from the economic slow down.So don't be afraid of any WW3 in the near future.

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
That's why the SOURCE is mentioned..
It may not be a WW3, but war on Syria by USA will be disastrous as Russia/Iran/China are standing by Syria...

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^seems like you don't know much about real world geopolitics & world history.WWIII is a concept which will remain only in movies & games.more likely scenario of global catastrophe will be from environmental or economical factors.

sujoyp

Grand Master
what ever happens I really think india should join hands with russia and china ...after all they are our close neighbours ...and we have some cultural similarities with china and other east Asian countries ...some of our people look that way, buddhism is a common religion..

Similarly whatever USA says we live in a country with 25cr Muslims ....we can not take part in a fight with muslim countries, why unnecessarily create problem in our own county.

BTW there must be some nice reason why indian socity and hinduism survived 5000+ years and other religions died or crushed :D I feel proud ;)

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
what ever happens I really think india should join hands with russia and china ...after all they are our close neighbours ...and we have some cultural similarities with china and other east Asian countries ...some of our people look that way, buddhism is a common religion..

Similarly whatever USA says we live in a country with 25cr Muslims ....we can not take part in a fight with muslim countries, why unnecessarily create problem in our own county.

BTW there must be some nice reason why indian socity and hinduism survived 5000+ years and other religions died or crushed :D I feel proud ;)

Explain that to the guys in this thread :lol: :*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/fight-club/177085-indian-economy-going-down-6.html

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
now way, india is never going to be at war with any country, i agree with @sujoyp that how we survived for so many long time, india cannot afford war with very complex society and huge population, the UN funda is clever dice thrown by our government, putting the ball in UN court, its a good move as UN will not declare full fledge war on Syria, they will only authorize limited military action in favour of democracy and local people, but not something like US are planning to do...

also US dont even care who are with them or not, i dont thinkg Rusia/china plays any role, china is not also ready to see direct eye to eye to US, they want to replace them as superpower, but thats not gonna happen at least not in near future.

but we will definately see some action in syria,

OT - India ka ek hi funda, doosro ke jagde se door raho, koi apni bhi maare to chupchaap smile deke, ghar me ghus jao.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
There won't be a World War 3 without a powerful crazy dictator who thinks he can win war against US,Russia, China.
of course this guy should hv a strong army.. must be crazy.. must be dictator .

there won't be a world war with china US or Russian GOVERNMENTS.. so useless thread.

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
That's why the SOURCE is mentioned..
It may not be a WW3, but war on Syria by USA will be disastrous as Russia/Iran/China are standing by Syria...

They will not waste their resources on some Hummus dictator

Traitor!

Difference between NE Indians and Chai-Nese
Indian : BROWN skin tone,Bigger eyes than Chineses,.Non-Commie,And being Indian,They're good Ppl
Chineses: Evil,Yellow,Communists

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
@akshay there can be a world war 3 .... i see angry nationalist of Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Syria and god knows how many countries USA destroyed for there weapon sale ...but these countries are big enough and iran and pakistan are equipped with nuclear weapons ..Anything can happen.

One thing I feel rather strange...pakistan says itself the protectors of religion and it didnt utter a word to help syria against USA :D

@commander what I am saying that better to make friendship with neighbors then buying weapons from US in the name of border security ...look how pakistan is a friend of china and US both (both can screw it :D )

Hrishi

Nobody will wage a war against a nation whose yearly military budget is bigger than entire yearly income of many countries combined.!!!!!!!!!

With so many advance weaponry , military experience , industrial and financial control and what not ........A country which has firepower to wipe out the earth several times.!!

I feel safer in India. At least I am happy to know that my country is not at war but has enough arsenal to wipe out the neighbours in a matter of minutes.

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
Nobody will wage a war against a nation whose yearly military budget is bigger than entire yearly income of many countries combined.!!!!!!!!!

With so many advance weaponry , military experience , industrial and financial control and what not ........A country which has firepower to wipe out the earth several times.!!

I feel safer in India. At least I am happy to know that my country is not at war but has enough arsenal to wipe out the neighbours in a matter of minutes.

I hope you don't mean CHINA by that

sujoyp

Grand Master
@rishi I dont agree with u ....in world war 2 germany japan and italy ...all 3 were very small nations ...but still fought with US france UK and russian armies ...also at the time of war I dont think economy matters ...BTW US in in trillion $ debt much more than of many other countries combined.

We all know if WW3 happens it will be end of humanity ...or maybe we indians will still live just like we always lived ;)

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
@rishi I dont agree with u ....in world war 2 germany japan and italy ...all 3 were very small nations ...but still fought with US france UK and russian armies ...also at the time of war I dont think economy matters ...BTW US in in trillion $ debt much more than of many other countries combined.

We all know if WW3 happens it will be end of humanity ...or maybe we indians will still live just like we always lived ;)
Obviously that 1.2bn population ain't for nothing

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member

you can not be more far from the truth.no poor nation can afford or win war & the best example of this is USSR,the only nation existed till now to rival USA's military strength but still couldn't save itself from the economic meltdown.also for your information this massive USA debt is the engine which drives the economy of China & as such the world.

sujoyp

Grand Master
The nations or the area which I am talking about have the 90% oil supplies of the world...and without that oil I dont think US can afford a war ....will they run there warships and tanks on coal or hybrid engines :D If the fuel price decide dollar rate and that dollar rate decide prices of goods then world is in deep trouble .
Yes you are right that US debt is driving chineese economy ...china may have more electronics production plants then even US

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
It wil start like this.
Usa Attacks syria->N.K who was waiting to attack US will Attack them Then all allies will start attacking those

Top Bottom