Symbian to get updates till 2016

Sarath

iDota
Source: Engadget

It seems that Nokia will continue to support symbian till 2016. That would mean all the bugs will be ironed out in our N8s and E7s and future symbian devices if any.

From my personal experience I havent seen any glitches with the OS itself except that its getting old. But atleast that would mean continued support to all the Nokia devices which are still the most popular smartphones in India.

*www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2011/05/symbiandeath-20110526.jpg

Read the complete article here:
Elop: Symbian will continue getting updates until 2016, at least -- Engadget

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
2016 is a bit too long. 2013 looks more likely. till then S30 & S40 will be replaced by S60 mobiles in the entry level market, mainly cause of the lowend & slow SOC used in these mobiles. after that i guess, MS will introduce Windows Phone8 lite version or something.

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
I just love my XM5800. It has got everything I need. Lately I discovered the Podcast app in it and I am enjoying it a lot. The GPS is awesome too. I don't think I have ever been so satisfied with a phone before. Don't even feel like upgrading to a newer phone. Best of all it's battery lasts 2 days, thanks to Symbian.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I just love my XM5800. It has got everything I need. Lately I discovered the Podcast app in it and I am enjoying it a lot. The GPS is awesome too. I don't think I have ever been so satisfied with a phone before. Don't even feel like upgrading to a newer phone. Best of all it's battery lasts 2 days, thanks to Symbian.
I am of the same opinion. XM 5800 does the job for me too. Very satisfied.

Top Bottom