Symbian S60 V3 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
im trying to install ngage version 1.01(27). i dont get any error as the ngage doesnt even start.

OP
Cool G5

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Format the mmc & do a factory restore.
And thanks for the icons, but the sad thing is you willl need to wait for a week or so, since I am left stranded without internet connectivity & come just for a while from my dialup :(

Power UP

In the zone
Guys, I seriously need help with clearing out the logs of my phone. When I try to clear, it asks me for a PIN. I tried 1111,0000, 12345 nothing works
Gx contact ur service provider for the pin. Its usually supplied with ur sim card.

im trying to install ngage version 1.01(27). i dont get any error as the ngage doesnt even start.
Try installing the latest version, if that doesn't work then install an older version.
Maybe the newer version has some newer methods which detects c****** games, although this is not yet reported but still give it a try.

If the above doesn't work, then i think there is an bi**** version of ngage installer.Try that one too.

Last edited:

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
^ I tried with the same process on 6120c. it's working perfectly. I can play all ngage games without any probs....

I've heard that there is a tool which can change the orientation of the screen... Does any one know about that?

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
finally, ngage worked. the problem was caused by C2Z patch which i had applied. now its working fine.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
^ play ONE, System Rush:Evolution, Bounce, Asphalt 3: Street Rules, Rayman 3, Splintercell Chaos Theory... These are must play games in Ngage.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Anyone of you guys tried the Skyfire Mobile Browser?

My primary Mobile brower is Opera Mini but sometimes when I need full desktop like experience of pages I use Webkit, but compared to the data speed available on a mobile phone & screensize, Skyfire seems better.

It uses a server side compression technology like Opera Mini due to which pages load really fast & look just like they do on a desktop.

PcEnthu

Linux Learner
My primary Mobile brower is Opera Mini but sometimes when I need full desktop like experience of pages I use Webkit, but compared to the data speed available on a mobile phone & screensize, Skyfire seems better

You should try Bolt, for a desktop like experience

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I tried Bolt. It is a JAVA based solution like Opera Mini but downloads everything to page & supports youtube content too but this isn't what I wanted.

The reason I use Opera Mini instead of Webkit is because it is the best for a non-Touch screen device as far as UX is concerned. First of all, its faster then any other browser for Symbian S60. Seconds, it reformat the page for a mobile phone's screen & reformat all the text etc which makes it easier to read on a small screen. I have yet to see better font & on screen rendering then Opera Mini in Mobile Mode on non-touch phones.

I like using Webkit for full web browsing but it is like that on the desktop, means downloads a lot of data & takes time to load on the slow connection of Mobile internet. This is why I prefer Skyfire which gives me the desktop like experience of Webkit while speed somewhat like that of Opera Mini.

I am not using Opera Mini 90% of the time & skyfire 10% of the time when I have to use some Dynamic content.

P.S - Due to my stupidity of installing Opera 9.5 beta UIQ, I am unable to install Opera Mobile 8.65 now so using these alternate browsers

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
just updated my n82's firmware to v31 and hacked it using helloOX, is there any way to turn platfrom security off like caps off and caps on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom