Sweet sweet illusion( 56k warning)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
I have seen quite a few optical illusions on the net, and this has to be the best! My mummy thought that I wa pulling her leg.
I have excluded the explanation that came with illusion on purpose to make it lil more fun. I'll post the source later. :)

*i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb234/vurdlak8/2007b.gif

If you don't see the illusion.. look away

Edit:
Source
If you look at the spinning girl's silhouette below, you will think it is spinning clockwise, probably. When you check her shadow below, momentarily the spinning direction changes in your mind, and now the girl is spinning counter-clockwise. It can be quite hard at the beginning to notice switch of the spinning direction, but eventually you'll manage.
It took me forever to change her direction. The trick was not to try too hard..

Last edited:

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
This one is old. s18000rpm posted this long back. And anyways I can make her spin in any direction I want. :p

nix

now i didnt really get the illusion.. though i know it changes directions every few seconds...

OP
chesss

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
^now its how ur brain percieves the image. The image itself never changes.
Edited first post with source..

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Yup. The image itself is not spinning clockwise or anti-clockwise. It is actually just oscillating from left to right and back again. It's our mind that thinks that she is rotating.

To make her spin in any direction you want simply look at her foot which is higher up in the air (the other is pointing straight at the ground). When the higher foot coincides with the foot pointing down, it depends upon you as to how you want it to come out from the other side. You can either imagine the higher leg to come around from behind her lower leg, or from the front of her lower leg. If you imagine the higher leg to come out from behind once and from the front the next time, like most people do, you'll find that she is rotating. But everytime it coincides, if you imagine it to come out from either behind or just the front without alternating everytime, then you'll see that she just oscillates from left to right without actually spinning. I know it is difficult to understand what I am saying, but after a while you'll figure out yourself. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom