Survey finds Nokia Lumia 520 competes effectively against low-end Samsung handsets

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
*reviewtoprice.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Nokia-Lumia-520-Image.jpg

It took a painfully long time for the Windows camp to finally get its budget category going, but this autumn, Nokia’s Lumia 500 range has finally picked up real momentum in Asia and the US market. Interviews with three Indian retail chains indicate that the Lumia 520 is a substantial hit in August, competing effectively against the Samsung S Duos, which has been the powerhouse smartphone in the sub-10’000 Rupee category (under $160). Popular Indian etailing sites Flipkart and Snapdeal seem to reflect this retail feedback – the Lumia 520 is showing far better traction than the Lumia 600 or Lumia 700 series models have earlier demonstrated.

Low-end Windows Smartphone Sales Finally Igniting - Forbes

RON28

Cyborg Agent
Samsung just know one thing, how to fool customers and earn profits till the next financial year, really fed up of their designs and galaxy series ( except S2 and S3 ). they should invent something new, After Lumia 520, Xperia M will defeat samsung in 13k segment.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
someone working in samsung told my friend that samsung does not look for the quality at all in the lower price segment rather uses cheap components..............WTH :twisted:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Anyone would prefer fluidic performance over hardware specs

In fact lumia 520 is far powerful than phones like galaxy S duos. Its got a much better SOC which is now showing in phones like xperia M.
Lumia 520's sales are absolutely justified. Its a well balanced phone at its price. S duos is a complete bogus.

deepanshuchg

Ambassador of Buzz
someone working in samsung told my friend that samsung does not look for the quality at all in the lower price segment rather uses cheap components..............WTH :twisted:

Only is cheap price segment? U heard it wrong :p
I know 8 people ( having note 2 and s3) all having problem with their adapter and usb cable
They just replaced my usb cable a month ago and now after one month the same problem happens :(

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
in your or may be someothers' opinion..generally it was fast ...its the main competitor to iPhone in USA.

check my sigi.. I have used it for a good 5 months... multitasking sucks on it, also touchwiz was a memory hog... so many lags here & there... other than that camera was good, music also good & gaming was awesome..

deepanshuchg

Ambassador of Buzz
check my sigi.. I have used it for a good 5 months... multitasking sucks on it, also touchwiz was a memory hog... so many lags here & there... other than that camera was good, music also good & gaming was awesome..

Am using it for 6 months now and haven't faced any lag. All games including big titles run smooth. The only issue I faced is the usb adapter and sometimes signal drops. Other than that I am pretty satisfied with it.

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
Am using it for 6 months now and haven't faced any lag. All games including big titles run smooth. The only issue I faced is the usb adapter and sometimes signal drops. Other than that I am pretty satisfied with it.

I never faced any signal issues or usb adapter issue though.. & I clearly mention above that gaming was awesome.
try to multitask, then u will face issues...

deepanshuchg

Ambassador of Buzz
Obviously I am using it for 6 months and do you think I wouldn't have done that. But its work fine for me at least upto my expectations after using iphone 4s.

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
Obviously I am using it for 6 months and do you think I wouldn't have done that. But its work fine for me at least upto my expectations after using iphone 4s.

Then you are not multitasking IMO.. leave it, I am no longer using it so don't care for it. I love my Nexus now.

@deepanshuchg
Have a look at my thread - > created before selling my GS3
Click Here

Top Bottom