suggestions on my(proposed) gaming pc config

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run?
Ans:Mass effect 3,crysis 2,elder scrolls : skyrim, witcher 2 and battlefield 3 at medium settings at HD(720p)
photoshop,unreal development kit,3d studio max 11

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: Budget 35K though i can Extend to 40K max

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:
nope
4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:
windows 7 64-bit/dual boot windows xp 64-bit

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:500gb - 1tb

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:
no, will use old monitor HPvp17 17"(1280x1240), old "Creative" speakers
7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: reusing my old monitor HPvp17 17"(1280x1240), old "Creative" speakers

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:by mid/late may

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:
no,but i will try(suggestions are welcome on how to assemble a rig)
10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Navi-Mumbai,Maharashtra
i'll buy most of the stuff locally and components which are out of stock locally i'll buy them online and vice-versa

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:its okay if you skimp on KB/mouse but it should be durable and the "gaming" tag is not necessary

CPU AMD Phenom II 1075T 7420
Motherboard ASUS M5A88-M 5486
GPU MSI AMD/ATI R6850 Cyclone 1 GB 9761
RAM G.Skill 4GB DDR3(F3-12800CL9S-4GBXL) 1150
HDD WD Caviar Blue 500 GB 4300
Optical Drive Asus DRW-24B3ST 1110
Case Cooler Master Elite 310 red Mid Tower Cabinet 1828
PSU Seasonic S12II-520 4050
KB + Mouse logitech mk200 usb 2.0 854
UPS Intex 1KVA 2800
Total 38807

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
For Monitor: BenQ G2220HD @ 7K or 2220HDL @ 7.5K
For Gfx card: MSI Cyclone HD 6850 1GB GDDR5 @ 8.6K...far better than GTX 550 Ti.

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
^^So true. 550Ti is one hell of a power hungry card (considering its performance).

OP
CommanderShawnzer

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
El Cheapo Build

CPU AMD Phenom II 960T 6957
Motherboard ASUS M5A97L 6341
GPU Sparkle NVIDIA N550GTX-Ti 1 GB 7997
RAM G.Skill 4GB DDR3 1150
Total 35420

Benq G2220HD @ Rs. 7,640.00
some questions
1.i have a acer 5742G which runs windows 7 HB so, if i create a Backup/system repair disc will i be able to use this disc to install windows on my new rig??(the more people answer the better)
2.since i've switched to a low range proccy is there a cheap mobo?

Last edited:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
1.i have a acer 5742G which runs windows 7 HB so, if i create a
Backup/system repair disc will i be
able to use this disc to install
windows on my new rig??
absolutely no.
2. The processor price is double. The i3 doesnt cost 10k.
3. Cheaper motherboard
link

OP
CommanderShawnzer

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
one more question

i was browsing other threads and i observed that most people recommend a quad-core proccy,but an i5-2400K is to expensive for my budget. can someone please suggest an equivalent cheap ati/amd quad proccy(and a supported mobo) which can support a gtx 550 ti/hd 6850??

Last edited:
OP
CommanderShawnzer

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
Phenom II 960T + Asus M5A97. grab a Hyper 212 Evo & overclock it.

hey Sam Im a noob so i'm not intrested in OC'ing right now. is 960t effective without OC'ing?
can you recommend a suitable PSU?(960t eats more power than i3-2100)

Last edited:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Yes its quite very effective without Overclocking too. Although i5 is better in terms of gaming but this processor too does not lag too much behind.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Yes its fine. Although the 550Ti is nagging a little :p
you can get this for just a little more
MSI R6850-PM2D1GD5 Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Graphic Card with Eyefinity
although I think then the budget will be pushed too far :p

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
hey Sam Im a noob so i'm not intrested in OC'ing right now. is 960t effective without OC'ing?

yes. i recently assembled a rig for my friend with same config. only 2 problems i found are: failed to find CPU multiplier (first time used UEFI). extra cores can't be unlocked. motherboard doesn't allows this for 960T.

about overclocking, you may use Asus built in utility to overclock. Another thing which was totally unexpected was 960T ships with a crap Athlon II cooler (no heatpipes). So be ready to sell out more on a cooler if it doesn't ships with the cooler with heatpipes.

can you recommend a suitable PSU?(960t eats more power than i3-2100)

the PSU you have selected is fine. Phenom II demands a lot more power if overclocked. thats the original problem with AMD. try overclocking and power consumption shoots through the roof. though, you can do the opposite and undervolt it @ stock speed. some chips work 0.3V lower than stock voltage.

OP
CommanderShawnzer

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
yes. i recently assembled a rig for my friend with same config. only 2 problems i found are: failed to find CPU multiplier (first time used UEFI). extra cores can't be unlocked. motherboard doesn't allows this for 960T.

about overclocking, you may use Asus built in utility to overclock. Another thing which was totally unexpected was 960T ships with a crap Athlon II cooler (no heatpipes). So be ready to sell out more on a cooler if it doesn't ships with the cooler with heatpipes.

I'm not intrested in OC'ing right now.will the stock cpu cooler cool properly even if i play heavy games(bf3,c2 on mid settings) without over clocking?
if the stock cpu cooler is crap can you please suggest cheap and effective cpu coolers?
there is also phenom II 970 does that have an effecient stock cooler?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I'm not intrested in OC'ing right now.will the stock cpu cooler cool properly even if i play heavy games(bf3,c2 on mid settings) without over clocking?

not sure buddy. i have Athlon II X4 and under load it hardly touches 50. first buy and if yours ship with a poor HSF, order a tube of good TIM.

if the stock cpu cooler is crap can you please suggest cheap and effective cpu coolers?

Cooler Master TX3.

there is also phenom II 970 does that have an effecient stock cooler?

this is the first time i heard/seen a Phenom II X4 with such a cooler. And as expected it didn't have any AMD sticker on the processor. So maybe AMD is bundling some el cheapo coolers with Phenom II. google it. i believe this is not the only case.

OP
CommanderShawnzer

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
El Cheapo V2.0

CPU AMD Phenom II 970 7652
Motherboard ASUS M5A97L 6341
GPU PowerColor AMD/ATI Radeon HD7750 1 GB 7480
RAM G.Skill 4GB DDR3 1150
Monitor Benq G2220HD 7640
Total 43240

SEASONIC 12ii-520 seems too beefy for this config(or is it just me?)
is there a cheaper PSU fro the above config

Last edited:

rajhans

Broken In
^^ i think you should go for 7750...consumes less power and better performance than 6770.( not sure)
Even the price is same, Im getting mine for 7050rs...

Top Bottom