Suggestions on a good spike guard

ajayritik

Technomancer
I currently have a spike guard which doesn't look good. Most of the times when I plug in something to it, it invariably doesn't fit properly and starts coming out.

I saw some thread here but it was mentioned place as Mumbai I stay in Hyderabad. I think Belkin or MX are good brands that I came to know from my search.

Last edited:

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Yes sir, they make it. In fact they are great but not the greatest like Belkin ;)
APC Product Information for Surge Protection and Power Conditioning

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes sir, they make it. In fact they are great but not the greatest like Belkin ;)
APC Product Information for Surge Protection and Power Conditioning

don't call me sir buddy - it makes me kinda uncomfortable ;-)

I've not seen any shops selling APC spike guards but thanks a lot for informing about the APC spike guards anyway ;-)

ithehappy

Human Spambot
don't call me sir buddy - it makes me kinda uncomfortable ;-)

I've not seen any shops selling APC spike guards but thanks a lot for informing about the APC spike guards anyway ;-)
Actually I sometimes say that way, alright, won't say it again :)

The shop just next to MD Computers, (forgot the name and lazy to find the bill) have both APC and Belkin surge protectors. In fact they told me that I can also go for APC and then I known that APC also make surge protectors, then I checked their website. And that shop is very much recommended by me as they were the one with reasonable price, I asked other 3 stores, they were flying with prices.
Regards.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ great - now I know where to look for APC surge protectors - anyway, thanks a lot for this ;-)

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Yes if you have budget go for gold series spike buster from Belkin.Its very good.I am using for last 1 yr without any problem.
@Saurav- Thanks for that info about APC makes spikebuster ;-)

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Sorry guys for digging an old thread. How much do you think Belkin Gold will cost? Preferably want to purchase online.
Looks like Gold series is costing 1.5k Should look for something cheaper.

reniarahim1

Youngling
Belkin 8 Out Gold Surge Protector (F9G826Vzb3M) - Rs 1599.00
Belkin F9S623Vzb2M 6-Out Surge Protector - Rs. 1,325.00

This is the price as per letsbuy. Says insurance cover of 1L for 1st one and 50k for 2nd one. But has anyone claimed this insurance in India??

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Do Superior and Economy models of Belkin differ from Gold series only in terms of the number of sockets? I'm little tight on budget so thinking about the economy model. However if Gold series are better in build and quality will go for it? currently I'm using a local spike guard called MX which has the slots very loose so the pins are not sitting properly.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^ You can also think of going for this - Huntkey. Why, because it has got dedicated switch for every socket which is very useful IMO. Moreover it has also got 2 USB ports to charge. Contact the seller via TE, he was offering this for 550/- IIRC. :)

Top Bottom