Suggestions for GTX 1060 Build

OP
anky

anky

Youngling
24700 , price cut of 300 at mdcomputers.

yeah!!...ordered it...paid via IMPS and it cost me exactly the same, COD, payment by card was charging around 450 more...!

- - - Updated - - -

I just saw it does not have back plate with it :(..any disadvantages..need to worry?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
yeah!!...ordered it...paid via IMPS and it cost me exactly the same, COD, payment by card was charging around 450 more...!

- - - Updated - - -

I just saw it does not have back plate with it :(..any disadvantages..need to worry?
Since the Zotac card is small it does not need extra back plate. So no way it will bend under any circumstances. Dont worry.

Happy Gaming...

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk

OP
anky

anky

Youngling
Since the Zotac card is small it does not need extra back plate. So no way it will bend under any circumstances. Dont worry.

Happy Gaming...

Thanks Sunil,

now searching internet for lowest prices of other components :p

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Thanks Sunil,

now searching internet for lowest prices of other components :p
Anky
Call Amit Jain of PL Computers in CTC, Secunderabad since he ships components.
He also quotes very good prices.

He is the one who quoted 21.5k for Zotac GTX1060 Mini.

His Contact number is: 92 46 352400

OP
anky

anky

Youngling
Anky

okay ..will call him...meanwhile I have found a local distributor in pune. getting the quotation from him for rest of the components.

- - - Updated - - -

Anky

still stuck between monitor choices.
DELL 22" which u suggested or Samsung curved 24".
curved one is 4k more than dell. is it worth it? how is the gaming experience in curved monitors.
p.s : both have same resolution

Pls help here [MENTION=145143]SaiyanGoku[/MENTION], [MENTION=126812]whitestar_999[/MENTION]

Last edited:

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
haha, no backplate, of course. they have kept it cheap. the MSI card costs 27300! 2.5k more.
I wanted to buy this, instead i got fed up ordered and 1070!

OP
anky

anky

Youngling
haha, no backplate, of course. they have kept it cheap. the MSI card costs 27300! 2.5k more.
I wanted to buy this, instead i got fed up ordered and 1070!

and no LED on the card too..:(...but its okay..atleast I got it for less than 25k :p..Performance difference will be not significant than MSI, so its fine.
and I have one question wrt monitor.
if a monitor's refresh rate is 60Hz, then it means if our GPU is giving more than 60 fps, it will be of no use?

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
and no LED on the card too..:(...but its okay..atleast I got it for less than 25k :p..Performance difference will be not significant than MSI, so its fine.
and I have one question wrt monitor.
if a monitor's refresh rate is 60Hz, then it means if our GPU is giving more than 60 fps, it will be of no use?

It will kind a feel smoother at 90fps when you rapidly move your mouse. lots of frames will be displayed in half, before fully rendered, it will be replaced by newly updated frame.
fps will never drop below 60, so it will be smooth every scene. even if the scene gets graphically intense. so its kind of nice.

- - - Updated - - -

I bought the Zotac card because of their extended 5 years warranty, easy to resell and buy GTX 1080ti
I wanted to buy the MSI card. When you are spending 40, another 2k is just worth it. But I heard MSI service has been horrible in the past.

So yeah its fine, forget the looks. Well if you are getting a transparent, that means you are gunning for the looks.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I bought the Zotac card because of their extended 5 years warranty, easy to resell and buy GTX 1080ti
I wanted to buy the MSI card. When you are spending 40, another 2k is just worth it. But I heard MSI service has been horrible in the past.

MSI service was horrible in the past but they improved a lot.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Curved TVs: The Pros and Con

I would not buy a curved screen until I see some usually watched video clips on it first on same size as planning to buy.I have seen big curved screens at malls but never a small 24" or for that matter anything less than a 60" curved screen in malls.

OP
anky

anky

Youngling
Curved TVs: The Pros and Con

I would not buy a curved screen until I see some usually watched video clips on it first on same size as planning to buy.I have seen big curved screens at malls but never a small 24" or for that matter anything less than a 60" curved screen in malls.

hmm..read this at at many places that smaller curved tv are not worth it. need to see the monitor in real to get the feel of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Go with i5 6500 @ 13.3k
Zotac GTX 1060 Mini @ 23k
Antec VP500PC @ 3.3k

As for the motherboards quality is concerned their rating is as follows:

Asus>Gigabyte>MSI

Feel free to buy from any of the above brands but which comes under your budget anky

Zotax GTX1060 Mini is compared to Founders Edition and it has custom cooler compared to Founders Edition, so no worries there.

getting Asus B150M-K FOR 6.9K from local shop here.
i5 6500 for rs 14.5

hows this asus mobo..can you please look into this and tell me the disadvantages?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
hmm..read this at at many places that smaller curved tv are not worth it. need to see the monitor in real to get the feel of it.

- - - Updated - - -

getting Asus B150M-K FOR 6.9K from local shop here.
i5 6500 for rs 14.5

hows this asus mobo..can you please look into this and tell me the disadvantages?
Asus motherboards are good. The difference between B150 and H170 motherboards is that H170 has RAID support. This is the only difference. So go with it.

OP
anky

anky

Youngling
Asus motherboards are good. The difference between B150 and H170 motherboards is that H170 has RAID support. This is the only difference. So go with it.

this one has ddr4 ram support na?..any thing important which is not present in this mobo?

ssb1551

Technomancer
^^ B150M-K | Motherboards | ASUS Global

Buddy go through the above link & check for yourself if the Motherboard suits your needs.

Here goes the Memory specifications for the Motherboard as mentioned in the Asus website :

2 x DIMM, Max. 32GB, DDR4 2133 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory *
Dual Channel Memory Architecture
Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
* Hyper DIMM support is subject to the physical characteristics of individual CPUs.
* Refer to ASUS Singapore for the Memory QVL (Qualified Vendors Lists).
* The maximum memory frequency supported varies by processor.

Hope your query is answered.

OP
anky

anky

Youngling
^^ B150M-K | Motherboards | ASUS Global

Buddy go through the above link & check for yourself if the Motherboard suits your needs.

Here goes the Memory specifications for the Motherboard as mentioned in the Asus website :

2 x DIMM, Max. 32GB, DDR4 2133 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory *
Dual Channel Memory Architecture
Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
* Hyper DIMM support is subject to the physical characteristics of individual CPUs.
* Refer to ASUS Singapore for the Memory QVL (Qualified Vendors Lists).
* The maximum memory frequency supported varies by processor.

Hope your query is answered.

2400Mhz RAM will work?

Top Bottom