Suggestions for GTX 1060 Build

OP
anky

anky

Youngling
MSI b150 bazooka is fine, it will work.
Buy a cheaper power supply, no speakers.
Be careful buying cheaper power supply.

Try FSP SAGA II, 500Watts.

I don't want to take risk with PSU. What do u suggest about processor 6400 vs 6500. there is another one 6402p

Will inquire in local shops about the prices.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
get the 6500 processor, the difference is quite a bit. that motherboard btw won't support SLI or 2 graphics cards! should be fine in a budget build.
most high end builds also avoid SLI any way.

OP
anky

anky

Youngling
get the 6500 processor, the difference is quite a bit. that motherboard btw won't support SLI or 2 graphics cards! should be fine in a budget build.
most high end builds also avoid SLI any way.
yeah and 1060 also don't support sli so that's not a deal breaker, and bazooka has no issues than this na?

OP
anky

anky

Youngling
Take i5 6500 and Antec VP500PC.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk

any disadvantages over seasonic for this?

and earlier I was suggested antec vp550p, hows that one?

I want sleeved/black cables, I have seen cables in most of the psu is colored and looks very ugly. I am planning for NZXT S340 with transparent panel, so I don't want colorful cables in the cabinet

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
any disadvantages over seasonic for this?

and earlier I was suggested antec vp550p, hows that one?

I want sleeved/black cables, I have seen cables in most of the psu is colored and looks very ugly. I am planning for NZXT S340 with transparent panel, so I don't want colorful cables in the cabinet
Anky
You said you want to go cheap and get everything under 70k
I suggested what's best under 70k
Seasonic is master of PSU's but Antec is also good.

Antec VP550P is costly than Antec VP500PC where the later is sufficient for your build and GPU.

OP
anky

anky

Youngling
Anky
You said you want to go cheap and get everything under 70k
I suggested what's best under 70k
Seasonic is master of PSU's but Antec is also good.

Antec VP550P is costly than Antec VP500PC where the later is sufficient for your build and GPU.

I am going with the config u suggested ..I am asking these questions because I cannot get gtx 1060 in 21k anywhere..its for 25k.
and I said that I can extend for 5k if required. I was just asking that where I can save even little (without compromising) so that 1060 can be included. and S340 is what I like very much, I am willing to spend some cash there. also anything u say is not available here according to the prices u have mentioned, and can you please the name of the shops where you get these prices, will ask if they can ship to pune and what are the shipping charges.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I am going with the config u suggested ..I am asking these questions because I cannot get gtx 1060 in 21k anywhere..its for 25k.
and I said that I can extend for 5k if required. I was just asking that where I can save even little (without compromising) so that 1060 can be included. and S340 is what I like very much, I am willing to spend some cash there. also anything u say is not available here according to the prices u have mentioned, and can you please the name of the shops where you get these prices, will ask if they can ship to pune and what are the shipping charges.
Some of the listed prices are from the distributors and some from local vendors.

I say you can ask Arun Computers, PL Computers, Swetha Computers, Computer Bazar CTC, Secunderabad.

Ask quote from each of them and you would be lucky if they ship. Normally they wont ship.

OP
anky

anky

Youngling
Some of the listed prices are from the distributors and some from local vendors.

I say you can ask Arun Computers, PL Computers, Swetha Computers, Computer Bazar CTC, Secunderabad.

Ask quote from each of them and you would be lucky if they ship. Normally they wont ship.

okay...googled about shops and contacted PL computers already..they will ship with courier charges..let see how they quote

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
okay...googled about shops and contacted PL computers already..they will ship with courier charges..let see how they quote
How much did they quote for GTX1060. They said 21k for the Zotac GTX1060 Mini.

OP
anky

anky

Youngling
How much did they quote for GTX1060. They said 21k for the Zotac GTX1060 Mini.

PL computers have not replied yet, Computer bazar don't have 1060.gtx 1060 MINI IS AVILAIBLE IS FOR 23K on MD computers. sent the list for arun computers also, waiting for reply

- - - Updated - - -

PL computers have have quoted 45450 for i5 6500, B150 D3H and GTX 1060
, Computer bazar don't have 1060.gtx 1060 MINI IS AVILAIBLE IS FOR 23K on MD computers. sent the list for arun computers also, waiting for reply
what was the total price for your system in the signature? how is gtx 950 performing? I a guessing you must be waiting for 10 series NVidia and will upgrade your graphics in future since 950 is looking a lil odd in the specs.

Last edited:

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
RX 480 price reduced, you should consider it, as its more future proof now!
Radeon RX 480 has its price decreased in India - Technolog

OP
anky

anky

Youngling
RX 480 price reduced, you should consider it, as its more future proof now!
Radeon RX 480 has its price decreased in India - Technolog

Unless this one is cheaper than GTX 1060 then I don't think its worth buying it. What do you say?

Zotac GTX 1060 is available from Amazon.com for 24.4k, including import duties and shipping. Nad sometimes I have read that they even refund yopur import duty fee if that is less than the actual duty fee occurred. Does Zotac has international warranty?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Unless this one is cheaper than GTX 1060 then I don't think its worth buying it. What do you say?

Zotac GTX 1060 is available from Amazon.com for 24.4k, including import duties and shipping. Nad sometimes I have read that they even refund yopur import duty fee if that is less than the actual duty fee occurred. Does Zotac has international warranty?
You said Zotac GTX1060 is available for 25k in mdcomputers. So why buying from amazon.com and international warranty.
Be reasonable buddy.

GTX1060 is faster than RX480 always and if vulkan API gets optimised 1060 will become a lot faster.

OP
anky

anky

Youngling
You said Zotac GTX1060 is available for 25k in mdcomputers. So why buying from amazon.com and international warranty.
Be reasonable buddy.

GTX1060 is faster than RX480 always and if vulkan API gets optimised 1060 will become a lot faster.

It is available for 25k, but its out of stock right now, and they don't know when it will be back in stock. if within two weeks max its available from them then I will buy from them only na. I have already got myself registered for it.
yeah, you are right, should wait for it to become available for 24.7k @MD computers only.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
Go through the reviews for GTX 1060 vs RX 480.
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060: Benchmark Review - 25 Games Tested! - YouTub
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Overclocking - YouTub
Palit GTX 1060 Super JetStream: Benchmark Review including Overclocking - YouTub

See these reviews and buy.
The mini version won't overclock nicely with decent temperatures I think so. Check out EVGA GTX 160 SC reviews, its a mini version. I am not sure how this performs.

OP
anky

anky

Youngling
Go through the reviews for GTX 1060 vs RX 480.
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060: Benchmark Review - 25 Games Tested! - YouTub
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Overclocking - YouTub
Palit GTX 1060 Super JetStream: Benchmark Review including Overclocking - YouTub

See these reviews and buy.
The mini version won't overclock nicely with decent temperatures I think so. Check out EVGA GTX 160 SC reviews, its a mini version. I am not sure how this performs.

not considering mini version for 1060 anyway, specially in Indian summer conditions it will heat up pretty fast.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
not considering mini version for 1060 anyway, specially in Indian summer conditions it will heat up pretty fast.

Get the Zotac GTX1060 AMP Edition @ 25k from mdcomputers

Link:ZOTAC GRAPHICS CARD PASCAL SERIES - GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5 AMP EDITIO

OP
anky

anky

Youngling
- - - Updated - - -

Get the Zotac GTX1060 AMP Edition @ 25k from mdcomputers

Link:ZOTAC GRAPHICS CARD PASCAL SERIES - GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5 AMP EDITIO

omg! Amazing!!..thaks...a lot...
Ordered!!!!...wohooooo!!!!!!....thanks a lot Sunil!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom