Suggestions for 1 TB Hard Drive (External / Internal) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Journeyman
Hi Friends,

I'm planning to buy a 1 TB External Hard Driver. Should I buy a Normal Hard Drive and convert it to a External one / should I but a molded one like Seagate FreeAgent Desk (1 TB).

What is the cost of Seagate FreeAgent Desk (1 TB) ?

Any other options from WD should I consider ? What will be the price of WD 1 TB External Hard Drive ?

Which is more reliable and good for long term use Seagate / WD (External) ?

Regrads
Yoda

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
both (internal as well as external) HDDs are reliable.. :)

But external hdds are made in a way tat they can be carried around (covered in casing) whereas Internal has open parts ...

Also, if u plan to take ur data from place to place.. getting aExternal HDD is good.. but external HDDs (above 500GB) hv their own power cords, which needs to be connected to the Ext. HDD for powering the HDD..

Price is also the main concern here..
1TB WD Internal SATA HDD= Rs.5.1K
1TB <any brand> External HDD= approx. Rs.8.5K (though not sure of exact price...jus an estimate.) .. :)
-------------

Cheers n e-peace....

Last edited:

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
both (internal as well as external) HDDs are reliable.. :)

But external hdds are made in a way tat they can be carried around (covered in casing) whereas Internal has open parts ...

Also, if u plan to take ur data from place to place.. getting aExternal HDD is good.. but external HDDs (above 500GB) hv their own power cords, which needs to be connected to the Ext. HDD for powering the HDD..

Price is also the main concern here..
1TB WD Internal SATA HDD= Rs.5.1K
1TB <any brand> External HDD= approx. Rs.8.5K (though not sure of exact price...jus an estimate.) .. :)
-------------

Cheers n e-peace....

where u get this price of 1 TB WD Internal and mention ur model no,

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
there is issue in EACS model having 4 platter
Mind being bit more specific and do post the source of this information. I googled for it and check on other forums and haven't seen any such. Hard drives can fail for many reasons- most common are either bad power supply and/or company defect which isn't the case for this model. Please refrain from spreading rumours for your personal entertainment :x.

Last edited:
OP
Yoda

Yoda

Journeyman
I inquired about 2 Models.

Western Digital MyBook Essential Edition - Rs. 6500/- + Tax
3 Year Warranty

Seagate FreeAgent Desk 1 TB External Hard Drive - Rs.6400/- + Tax
5 Years Warranty

Please suggest me which one is better and reliable.

Thanks
Rafales

blacklight

Journeyman
Good to see this thread..me too evaluating such an option [:)]
another factor to be considered is the number of interfaces the External HDD has
for instance , u can have HDDs with FireWire and eSATA interfaces both are way faster than good ol' USB.
I recently enquired about Seagate FreeAgent Desk 1 TB External Hard Drive (With an eSATA interface ) costs 8.6K + taxes

P

priyadarshi

Seems like there is some confusion regarding External Hard Drive. Hope this will help all of you.
1. Seagate FreeAgent Desk External Hard Drive 1TB don't have an eSATA interface. It comes with single interface only USB 2.0 and costs Rs.5900/-
2. Western Digital MyBook Essential Edition 1TB costs Rs.5800/- with 1 year warranty only. This also comes in single interface USB 2.0.
3. Seagate FreeAgent Xtreme External Hard Drive 1TB costs Rs.8100/-
4. All prices are NP price including taxes and seagate gives 5 Years Warranty on all internal and external hard disk.

Today I purchased Western Digital MyBook Home Edition 1TB for Rs.7050/-. This Edition comes with triple interface, USB 2.0, Firewire400 and esata and 3 years warranty.

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
Mind being bit more specific and do post the source of this information. I googled for it and check on other forums and haven't seen any such. Hard drives can fail for many reasons- most common are either bad power supply and/or company defect which isn't the case for this model. Please refrain from spreading rumours for your personal entertainment :x.

^^

agreed..

fine site is not working so upload the web pages

blacklight

Journeyman
@priyadarshi what made u choose WD over Seagate ? even though seagate offers 5yr warranty as against WD's 3yrs.
did u run any benchmark tools ? I'm interested in its eSATA performance

OP
Yoda

Yoda

Journeyman
NIGHTMARE the file WD.zip you uploaded is corrupt.

still confused whether to go for WD or Seagate. Is it worth buying "Western Digital MyBook Home Edition" than "Western Digital MyBook Essential Edition" ?

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
bro go for WD . My discussion is about platter

there r screen shot of site

*img231.imageshack.us/img231/865/scr4643056.th.jpg

*img187.imageshack.us/img187/5598/scr4873012.th.jpg

OP
Yoda

Yoda

Journeyman
Thanks for all the replies. I'm planning to buy "Seagate FreeAgent Desk 1 TB" External Hard Drive, since its little cheaper than WD and it has 5 Years Warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom