Suggestion Required : Android in 25K Range

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
Looks like Android bug has bitten most of my friends. Two of them purchased HTC Desire HD, one went for Nexus S and I have Samsung Galaxy SL.

One of my friend is ready to shell around 25K (+4K, if really worth it) for an Android handset. His only requirement is that if he is shelling out so much then the handset should not lack any major feature e.g. front camera (not must) but good if it's there, HD recording a must, build quality should be excellent (no plasticky material) etc. So here goes the questionnaire:

1. Budget?
25(+4)K

2. Display type and size?
S-AMOLED (preferably), 4inches

3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?
Any

4. Preferred choice of brand?
Any

5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).
Touchscreen, physical keypad not a requirement

6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.
Flash a must, preferably with auto-focus and front cam (though not hard-n-fast requirement)

7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
Android!

8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.
Wifi and 3G must (on a funny note do they have any handset which is not 3G in 25+ range)

9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?
None but let's not exclude Flash

10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?
Official (checking company emails, gmail etc.), games and multimedia not that much required

11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
He is impressed with HTC Desire HD

12. Any other info that you want to share
None

Please help :)

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
If max 29k, why not SII. Dual Core, great GPU. Wait for some time and purchase it. Really worth it. Or go for Xperia Arc @ 25k, and if possible Neo @ 29k

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
SE Arc or Samsung S2. or if nothing works, Optimus 2X (but avoid as it got quite a number of bugs & small problems).

constantine

its quiet...too quiet....
I'd suggest Samsung galaxy S2 ! Its the best there is in its class ! Personal opinion though. Arc is pretty good too ! but Incredible ... :-/ Never liked HTC ! Plus warranty wise samsung is definitely better !

Just wait if you can for around 1 month...........All the major brands have announced their 2011-12 goals and its pretty clear tht cold-war has begun.

The biggest brand APPLE's announcement is due in June 1st week and if they announce the launch of IPHONE 4 successor then its a must wait and pretty much in ur range of 30k.

My personal choice : HTC Sensation (announced & available by June end 2011)
Check the specs here : Compare phones - GSMArena.com

OR if you can shell out till 35-36k u can have Samsung Galaxy SII >> everything awesome in it but I dint like the design. While HTC sensation has got Beauty + brains.

ujjwal321

Journeyman
I would suggest nothing else than galaxy s II...
IF your friend is willing to spend so much money then don't go for anything else than a dual core phone... at the moment there isn't much app for dual core phones only but the future is all about dual core phones with great 3d games... don't go for arc even though it is great phone... spend for future..

aakashdave11

Gadget gyan dispenser
i tried to stay put and not comment.....largely as am quite busy these days but could not stop myself so here goes.....

Firstly as i get it from OP's requirement...which is of course just for a show off(as all the friends have got one)....and the other that those concerned have some serious cash to through around....25k just for a mobile...(one can do better things than that with money)....

Also i concur that the guy buying just want's a shiny toy...and does not care what the device is capable of...nor do i think the user will use most of the advanced features......hence rules out an possibility of a desire to get one for a passion one has....

My recommendation:
Would not even recommend a O1........coz the main purpose is show off....

p>S:just posted this as it made me sad seeing informed people just jumping in and giving suggestions without even asking...what do you want this for.....just recommend the latest model's and that's it......what has happened here i don't know but i think it is these type of thread's that is stopping this community to become better.....NOM

ithehappy

Human Spambot
If S-AMOLED is the priority then please wait for SGS II, it's a monster device, frankly not a single device can compete with it, hTC Sensation, LG O 2X, Atrix, nothing...

aroraanant

Explorer
Go for Incredible S if u plan to buy a phone now.
won't suggest u for Arc as SE sucks in terms of service and also it lacks a front facing camera otherwise it is good(speciall in terms of design/looks)
S-II is available on ebay for 37K and is also not yet officially announced in India and is also out of ur budget and personally I don't like the design/looks of samsung mobiles
if u can wait then HTC Sensation would the best for u and also next iphone is coming but no one knows their exact date of launch in India and according to me Sensation is not going to be launched in India atleast before July

OP
gagan007

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
aaah the number of gyaaniis we have in India is just too much. my friend has been using an E series set for over 3 years. Now as the handset is showing signs of dying, so he wants to get a new handset and what would be a better option than an Android. Please stop criticizing without knowing what's truth out there! Moreover, its his money he throws it in sea, makes a cigarette out of it is none of our concern. Apple is show-off, not Android :p

moving on:

guys I am sorry but 29K is max budget. I understand that more we spend, better we get but this guy will not be able to utilize a twin core device.
Maximum people here have suggested about Xperia Arc, so I will convey the same, although we all know about the service of SE. And then the Sensation too though it is dual core too (and if he manages to get it from anywhere).

@kyldeepbhardwaj: dude his handset is almost dead, people in our industry (IT/Marketing) can't afford to lose connectivity. so maybe he will buy a new one within a couple of days.

thanks a lot guys. if there are any more suggestions, do drop by. It is not required to suggest the most expensive one but the one which serves VFM around the range of 25K :)

OP
gagan007

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
:) not you dude...see the title of person above your earlier post in this thread. he did nothing good in this thread except dispensing gyaan!

Last edited:

aakashdave11

Gadget gyan dispenser
firstly,if your friend is genuinely interested in an android and want's advice...kindly ask him to be a member an Post....rather than asking his more technical friend to do the dirty work (just want's the ans right served on a platter)...
Ask him to research better and then ask to compare devices not just play the suggest me a shiny new toy for 25k game...

Ya it's his money and he can dump it anywhere...so why not dump it on a damn costly phone.....right!!!! (cigarette part is amusing :) )

p>S: about the gyaan part i think you are gyaani enough to advice your friend... :grin:

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
firstly,if your friend is genuinely interested in an android and want's advice...kindly ask him to be a member an Post....rather than asking his more technical friend to do the dirty work (just want's the ans right served on a platter)...
Ask him to research better and then ask to compare devices not just play the suggest me a shiny new toy for 25k game...

Ya it's his money and he can dump it anywhere...so why not dump it on a damn costly phone.....right!!!! (cigarette part is amusing :) )

p>S: about the gyaan part i think you are gyaani enough to advice your friend... :grin:

Whatever suggestion everyone throw at, you are there to divert the topic. Always. He is willing to buy a mobile for 25k. Thats good and he knows the value of money. He will buy whatever he wants. We dont know whether he is a gadget geek or just an user, but having a high-end phone in pocket doesn't do any harm. Isn't it?

So stop acting like you are trying to save someone's money or if the user is dumb, you are suggesting him a lower end mobile?

Please try to stick to topic. (No offense meant on you, seriously :)) )

Sarath

iDota
I am mentioning again Sony xperia arc is the best looking android right now. The differences in performance is not too great unless you include dual cores which i have not seen. As a person who prefers form over function i chose xperia arc. For fuction over form choose the dual cores by HTC.

Actually came here to report few problems with my arc:

1. The screen flicker: I dont understand whats wrong or whether i should take relief in the fact that it is present in many other phones also but the screen has a tendency to spontaneously start flickering. Its annoying at times. Started from 2nd day onwards. Posted in sony website also. Hope its fixed.

2. My phone fell twice and its still fine but if your friend is a rough user stay away from the arc. The phone is so thin that it would require just putting it in the back pocket and sitting to snap it in half (not tested) (based on assumption) so the device needs great care.

3. Lastly the phone pouch sucks. My phone slipped and fell twice out of it ^. Dont use it.

If you are in so hurry and wanna purchase the best then go for

Samsung Google Nexus S : Best phone in your budget empowered with Android v2.3 and front camera which is lacking now a days in most of the devices. Rest of the h/w is pretty much similar to iphone 4.
The only thing which is a bit low is resolution as compared to iphone4
Infact no other phone till now has tht mch resolution after 1 year of release date. Not even Samsung Galaxy S II.

So acc to me you can go for that directly.

Top Bottom