Suggestion on a Scooty?

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
Hello, didn't read complete thread but as you said "Access or Wego", I would say go with Access unless you really want that "body balance" thingy. And that extra fuel efficiency.
I own an Access(1200kms), and it's really great. Comfortable(for me atleast), fast enough, but fuel consumption is comparatively high. Here's a complete list of Pros and Cons (not a Wego vs Access!) to help you decide:
+ Comfortable(subjective, you should test it yourself)
+ Great acceleration.
- Storage space is just fine. Will not hold a full-face helmet.
- Fuel consumption. Around 35kmpl.
- Poor horn. Some vehicle's engines are louder than its horn(buses and auto rickshaws to be precise).
- Headlights are useless. Chew a happy-dent and your teeth will throw more light on road than this.
- Doesn't have Honda's "dual-brake" system. Tends to slip and skid often(does not go out of control but can be dangerous). You will however stop safely most of the time unless panic-braking or braking with one lever only.
- Suzuki 2-wheeler A.S.S. Not very good. (Honda's isn't, either).

Wow, more cons than pros. I wonder why I told you to go with access in beginning of this post. :/

BTW Access was 54k on-road in Delhi in Jan, vs 60k of Activa.

PS: It's fun to ride Access as compared to others. :p

EDIT: Read about the battery-part. Yes, there are electric ones too, cost around 20-30k(in your initial budget) but many people say its battery dies out in an year or so, and costs too much(no idea about exact figures). Some have top speed of 25kmph, some of 45. But they feel very sluggish and expect "Me aankhe band kar ke road cross kar rha tha to kya, Teri galti hai, horn nhi maar sakta tha?" from pedestrians because of no engine sound. :D

Last edited:

shreymittal

Being Human
-Storage space is just fine. Will not hold a full-face helmet.
- Fuel consumption. Around 35kmpl.
- Poor horn. Some vehicle's engines are louder than its horn(buses and auto rickshaws to be precise).
- Headlights are useless. Chew a happy-dent and your teeth will throw more light on road than this.
- Doesn't have Honda's "dual-brake" system. Tends to slip and skid often(does not go out of control but can be dangerous). You will however stop safely most of the time unless panic-braking or braking with one lever only
-Suzuki 2-wheeler A.S.S. Not very good. (Honda's isn't, either).

-Well in this case Activa Wins. Under-seat seat storage is enormous
-I get around 30KMPL with my Activa 2010 Refreshed one
-Same Here(But i have upgraded to wind tone dual horn)
-Same Here (Again upgraded to HID kit)
-Useless Eat brake shoes like hell need to replaced every 6 Months. Every scooty's in the market today have poor brakes Except Vespa
-Honda and TVS has worst A.S.S among the lot

This year Piaggio is going to launch Vespa GTS300. I gonna buy it on the first day

.jRay.

Youngling
Re: Gamepad Buying Advice

^^ well wego wins, mine gives around 50-55 kmpl, underseat storage CAN hold a full helmet, and headlights are good enough. Horn is cr@p though, plus the bodybalance things great, i actually like riding wego than activa..

Last edited:

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
Re: Gamepad Buying Advice

^^ well wego wins, mine gives around 50-55 kmpl, underseat storage CAN hold a full helmet, and headlights are good enough. Horn is cr@p though, plus the bodybalance things great, i actually like driving wego than activa..

*riding. You ride a two-wheeler.
And I guess it does win, if one is ready to sacrifice the acceleration of XS(Access, looks better this way :p).

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Okay okay please don'y start Wego vs Swish. I don't really care about the engine much, just a decent one, with good mileage would be my thing. When my parents, especially my mom will allow me to buy a bike I will think about engine, and engine only :)

And thanks Nipun on the feedback on battery driven units. 25 km/h? Lol, I can go that fast on cycle if I want. And that silent part is totally true, as I have seen a lot of people who rides a silent scooty, I always hated it, just didn't know those were the battery ran units.

shreymittal

Being Human
Then it should be Duke 200 or CBR250R Whenever you will decide
My dad won't buy me a bike ever he told me straight and gifted me MS Alto

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
I will have a TB500 to ride when I become eligible to ride one. :))

ithehappy, get Wego then. Or better, Test ride Access and Wego both and decide.

PS: Seeing those commercials on TV, how about Mahindra scooters? Haven't read any reviews about them though.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
First and foremost reason: My mom. She clearly told that, it's either me OR the bike, can stay at the home. I can inject anything in her bloody brain, but this.
Minor reason: Don't wanna spend 3 lac. As only 'bike's I consider as bike are either the CBR or the Ninja.

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
First and foremost reason: My mom. She clearly told that, it's either me OR the bike, can stay at the home. I can inject anything in her bloody brain, but this.
Minor reason: Don't wanna spend 3 lac. As only 'bike's I consider as bike are either the CBR or the Ninja.

Which city you live in? It's not even winter now, I think it wouldn't be difficult to live out of house. :)
PS: Add some more money in your dream and think of a Harley. I think, atleast. :D

Shah

Cyborg Agent
I will have a TB500 to ride when I become eligible to ride one. :))

A RE!?! Then, be prepared to spend some of your computer time for the RE TB500 you're getting. Maintaining a Jeep and a RE needs more or less the same effort.

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
A RE!?! Then, be prepared to spend some of your computer time for the RE TB500 you're getting. Maintaining a Jeep and a RE needs more or less the same effort.

Nope. ;)

We're very offtopic now though.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Which city you live in? It's not even winter now, I think it wouldn't be difficult to live out of house. :)
It's a little off from Calcutta. I can live outside home, especially the weather is pretty nice atm, I mean less hot, but as soon as the heat sig restarts I will ultimately have to go back to my home, lol.
You live in Delhi I see, so you know about heat better than me, however it's dry.

Top Bottom