Suggestion for SE phone 10-12K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sooraj_digit

BLah.. Blah..blah.......
I shall be buying a new SE Walkman phone by this month so can you guys help me out selecting a new phone for me...My preference is that it must from Walkman branding my first priority would be music quality and earphones.... I've used bar phone for long now i want slider or something.... and ya i like big screen...I've highlighted two for my self W595 and W705(Slightly outta budget)... which one shall be good or some else which u wud suggest... My budget wud be 10-12K it could expand if i gave time.Thnx in advance....

sujoyp

Grand Master
Advantage of w705 over w595 are
-led flash
-wifi
-2.4 inch screen
-4gb card

price difference 3k looks ok
if u want specifically for music(neglecting camera and wifi) then w595 is also good enough

OP
Sooraj_digit

Sooraj_digit

BLah.. Blah..blah.......
Advantage of w705 over w595 are
-led flash
-wifi
-2.4 inch screen
-4gb card

price difference 3k looks ok
if u want specifically for music(neglecting camera and wifi) then w595 is also good enough

I just want music, can even ignore if the cell doesn't have a camera either since i have an another camera specific phone..... Wi-Fi--Hmm...dont actually need it in phone better use my latop than connecting the cell and going deep read pages.....4GB MS card is WOW...and loud speakers which one's good.. Heard that W595 has dual speakers upside and bottomside Any other suggestion 'bout another phone

sujoyp

Grand Master
yah w595 have stereo speakers:)

just keep in mind that a 4gb card would cost u 1-1.5k more (if u want a 4gb card)

Last edited:

tech_cheetah

Journeyman
Let me highlight + and - of both :

W705 :
+ Big screen
+ Wifi
- Low Sound from speaker
- Only one LED is not sufficient for night pics

W595 :
+ One of the best stereo speakers
- Plastic built
- slightly overpriced, you can get more features in N73
- camera without flash light

Why don't you go for N82, it costs around 14k and has best in class camera, and all the features you can think of.

sujoyp

Grand Master
@tech_cheetah....I dont think n82 can be compred to w595 in terms of music quality

I agree N82 is a biggg all rounder...but Sooraj_digit wants for music only..soo a stereo speaker and mega bass would be more essential.

ujjwal321

Journeyman
@tech_cheetah....I dont think n82 can be compred to w595 in terms of music quality

I agree N82 is a biggg all rounder...but Sooraj_digit wants for music only..soo a stereo speaker and mega bass would be more essential.

bro i don't know why you are stuck with SE and megabass. megabass only distorts sound. go for clear sound. I think n82 will be a great buy. the sound quality is also great and besides that there are soooo many functions. wifi, gps, great 5mp camera.
I myself have a zn5. It's sound quality is awesome. I have used few SE walkman phones before and believe me it is far more better. Which ever phone you buy don't forget to get a descent pair of earphone.

go for n82. U won't regret.

MasterMinds

hell boy
bro i don't know why you are stuck with SE and megabass. megabass only distorts sound. go for clear sound. I think n82 will be a great buy. the sound quality is also great and besides that there are soooo many functions. wifi, gps, great 5mp camera.
I myself have a zn5. It's sound quality is awesome. I have used few SE walkman phones before and believe me it is far more better. Which ever phone you buy don't forget to get a descent pair of earphone.

ya n82 is indeed a great buy..!!! but the thread opener has clearly stated his budget..!!!!:idea:

Last edited:
OP
Sooraj_digit

Sooraj_digit

BLah.. Blah..blah.......

I'd set my priority for SE.... i want no NOKIA's as far as if music is concerned
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:

Can u share some PERSONAL experiences and specifications(rather than company's), so that i wud switch over to Nokia... also say about features regarding ONLY the music player.... You told about distortions dude i guess you are naming overemphasized bass as distortions or might be earphones were faulty... About earphones.... I guess EP630 are good enough!!!

Last edited:

Tamoghno

Padawan
I'd set my priority for SE.... i want no NOKIA's as far as if music is concerned
Posted again:

Can u share some PERSONAL experiences and specifications(rather than company's), so that i wud switch over to Nokia... also say about features regarding ONLY the music player.... You told about distortions dude i guess you are naming overemphasized bass as distortions or might be earphones were faulty... About earphones.... I guess EP630 are good enough!!!

Welcome to post 2008 buddy . Nokia does kicks ass in sound quality nowdays. N82 is not actually that good but n79 does have awesome sound quality.

Read any reviews to know what i am talking about.

OP
Sooraj_digit

Sooraj_digit

BLah.. Blah..blah.......
Welcome to post 2008 buddy . Nokia does kicks ass in sound quality nowdays. N82 is not actually that good but n79 does have awesome sound quality.

What about features of the music player... Can it b compared to SE wid Shake-Control; SenseMe; Dual Stereo Jack...

Tamoghno

Padawan
What about features of the music player... Can it b compared to SE wid Shake-Control; SenseMe; Dual Stereo Jack...

Shake control is not given by default but you can use apps that can do it . But you'll actually get a 'remote' to control music that is actually far more practical to use .

SenseMe is nice and not available in nokia .

Dont know what you mean by dual stereo jack but again , you get 3.5mm jack which is more convenient and durable than stupid pop port.

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent

N82 not good in sound quality? Try again with cx 400 , as good as N85 , N86 ..

OP
Sooraj_digit

Sooraj_digit

BLah.. Blah..blah.......
Shake control is not given by default but you can use apps that can do it . But you'll actually get a 'remote' to control music that is actually far more practical to use .

SenseMe is nice and not available in nokia .

Dont know what you mean by dual stereo jack but again , you get 3.5mm jack which is more convenient and durable than stupid pop port.

The features I previously told about are really cool as well as best, if u r college guy to show-off... Shake control wud be there in my budget... Dual stereo(3.5mm) jack means you could attach two earphones to the propriety cable given with all SEs
Posted again:
So guys with which one should i go with(SE only please):W595;w830;w910... which one or an another one

Last edited:

Tamoghno

Padawan
The features I previously told about are really cool as well as best, if u r college guy to show-off... Shake control wud be there in my budget... Dual stereo(3.5mm) jack means you could attach two earphones to the propriety cable given with all SEs
Posted again:
So guys with which one should i go with(SE only please):W595;w830;w910... which one or an another one

You are right , se features are good for show off , but all i wanted to say is if you need good music playing experience , nokia have more practical and usefull features.

Btw , shake control can be implemented in nokia also , not only shake to change track , volume etc , but you can also use tilt to play ANY game , tilt to change pictures in gallery , a simple phone answering gestures to answer call / activate loudspeaker , etc . Actually you can simulate the whole dpad with tilts and operate phone without even touching the keys ! You can even just move your hand over the phone phone to silence the ring . Nokia can also be used for show-off if you want .

Anyway , since you're determined to buy only se , i think 595 is best bet for you. Haven't heard 830i but 910i is crap sound quality wise.

OP
Sooraj_digit

Sooraj_digit

BLah.. Blah..blah.......
You are right , se features are good for show off , but all i wanted to say is if you need good music playing experience , nokia have more practical and usefull features.

Btw , shake control can be implemented in nokia also , not only shake to change track , volume etc , but you can also use tilt to play ANY game , tilt to change pictures in gallery , a simple phone answering gestures to answer call / activate loudspeaker , etc . Actually you can simulate the whole dpad with tilts and operate phone without even touching the keys ! You can even just move your hand over the phone phone to silence the ring . Nokia can also be used for show-off if you want .

Anyway , since you're determined to buy only se , i think 595 is best bet for you. Haven't heard 830i but 910i is crap sound quality wise.

OOOkkkkk.... I guess W595 seems to be good...You talked 'bout tilting screens that is even there in W595 as well as motion gaming too... I admire your devotion towards Nokia, which is worth it, since they are the most sold phones in India before SE of-course...

sujoyp

Grand Master
ok soo u again came down to w595 great:p...BTW if u r not happy with SE proprietary jack ....get a SE music bluetooth headset .....

OP
Sooraj_digit

Sooraj_digit

BLah.. Blah..blah.......
ok soo u again came down to w595 great:p...BTW if u r not happy with SE proprietary jack ....get a SE music bluetooth headset .....

Well i hope i m makin a gud choice... and i shall compromise with proprietary jack for the third time... there is nothing mentioned about earphones on the site that which one are they giving whether the eabuds or the in-ear types??? since i'm gonna use the phone mostly in outdoors... if it's the earbuds then alas!! i have to use my oldy EP630...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom