Suggest powerful PSU around 2k

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffrain123

Tribladez rizes to power
Hey everyone.....
I need to upgrade my 400w Zebronics PSU(20A on 12V) 'coz i dont think it can support the 9800gt or 9800gtx that im thinking of buyin.....
So i need a powerful PSU atleast with 500w and has min. 36A on 12V rail(very imp.)....my budget is around 2k...
Reputed companies would be preferred....
Pls help guys.....i know my budgt is low....
Are there any gud ones from Corsair?

OP
jeffrain123

jeffrain123

Tribladez rizes to power
I dont think i can spend more than 2.5k coz im still a student(XII). Dont want my pocket money to go waste.... I need somethin that can last.....

Crossfire

Rig It Up
If you budget is only 2.5k, then you can go with VIP 500 watts with passive PFC for 1950/- or VIP 600 watts with active PFC for 2800/- (they have 3 year warranty)

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
I wonder at times if vip silver 500w with active pfc would be much better option than 460w extreme plus at times.

OP
jeffrain123

jeffrain123

Tribladez rizes to power
Wat r the amperes on the 12v rails of both the vip's and the cm460?
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
Also does Newegg ship to india?

Last edited:

Crossfire

Rig It Up
Here is the VIP 500W Gold with passive PFC
*www.kunhar.com/vipcabinets/smps03.html

Here is the VIP 600W with active PFC
*www.kunhar.com/vipcabinets/smps02.html

Here is CM 460 (RS-460-PCAR-A3)
*www.coolermaster.com/products/product.php?language=en&act=detail&tbcate=22&id=3724

Do not know about VIP but CM460 has total 36 amps on dual 12v rail.
Posted again:
For better reliability you can go with Corsair 400w with 30A on 12v(3.3K) or Corsair 450 with 33A on 12v(3.9K)

Last edited:

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
CoolerMaster RS-500-PCAR eXtreme Power 500W - Rs.2,200
Or go here, you will get the INR...

*www.newtechnology.co.in/smps-power-supply-unit-psu-price-list-in-india/

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Newegg doesnt ship here. Buy it in India dude!! Even we get high end psu in pretty reasonable price. Extreme psu are outdated. Extreme plus versions are slightly updated ones which will do for low end systems. Provided you do not OC the system, vip 500-600 with active pfc should be of better choice. Its rather unfortunate we dont have a lot of options for low end powersupply. This hole could have been filled up really easily if seventeam psu were more common in retail here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom