Suggest me an Air Conditioner

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
^Thanks.

Anyway I've ordered the Hitachi Summer QC 1.1 TR as I said, Rs.24,250 including all. Unit will be arriving by tomorrow but can't be using it as poor CESC taking ages to change some Metre cable !

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Have a query, when I keep the AC at Standby OFF how much current does it drain? I mean at night I got to sleep at 2 am, I turn it on, put a Off timer at 3-30 am, so it turns off at 3-30 am but lazy me don't get up to turn the MCB off, so the AC stays at Standby, though popping Off sign at it's status bar. So my query is, does it consume power when the unit is Off/Standby? (Oh, the Model is Hitachi RAV513ERD)
Thanks in advance.

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
^^ Every device consume some power in Stand By mode..

Generally AC consume 5W to 50W max.. dont know about the your 5 start hitachi model...
these rating are of Daikin AC..

:lol: Anyway it's Delhi, damn hot out there :)

You don't have to laugh on your friends bill. I too live in Delhi, using 5star ac and gets around 4-5k every month. Delhi is too hot in summers. Like your friend, its opposite I need in daytime, and my family needs in night :)):))

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
GE? It's General Electric, one of the Best one out there, don't know if they make AC or not, but if they do then it has to be a reliable one and one of the best one too :)

pulsar_swift

Youngling
Whatever ac you buy, consider a 5 star rated ac. Saves you power in the long run resulting in lesser electricity bills.

Depends on the daily usage. If the usage is just 2hrs a day or only during weekends, a 3 star rated AC is more than enough

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Depends on the daily usage. If the usage is just 2hrs a day or only during weekends, a 3 star rated AC is more than enough
Well I don't think someone should buy an AC if his/her usage is only 2 hours or only during weekends. So a 5 star rated AC should be a necessity rather than consideration.
I tested the current consumption by reading my metre units after the AC was running for one hour, and it was two units added, tried with medium and highest energy consumption, but it didn't matter, in both case it was just two units.

pulsar_swift

Youngling
Well I don't think someone should buy an AC if his/her usage is only 2 hours or only during weekends. So a 5 star rated AC should be a necessity rather than consideration.
I tested the current consumption by reading my metre units after the AC was running for one hour, and it was two units added, tried with medium and highest energy consumption, but it didn't matter, in both case it was just two units.

Bro, Consider an IT pro, 10AM - 7PM at office, switch on AC to cool my room and by the time its 930PM the outside temp becomes cool and we dont need AC. Weekend we don't have office, so use AC when at home. Very practical situation.

Also here is the savings calculation put up on VOLTAS website for a five star rated AC.

These savings are based on 8Hrs of AC running for 365 Days.
The Compressor run hour is considered as 70% of the total hours which effectively means the AC runs for 5Hrs 36Minutes per Day
Based on Electricity cost of Rs. 5/- per Unit

Top Bottom