Suggest me a 16 gb pen derive

nx112

Broken In
Hi alll,
I want to purchase a 16 gb pen drive ,it should be usb 2.0 as my system does not have any usb 3.0 port.My budget is 1.2k max.If a usb 3.0 usb drive came in that budget and doen not create any problem or troubles for me ,then it will also okk.Please suggest me fastest,cheapest and durable:-D

Also suggest me an all in one card reader but that must Read MICRO SD cards.

Hope to get replies soon.

Thanks,
nx112

Gauravs90

geek........
The transcend one i have suggested has 15MBPS and 30MBPS write and read speed respectively on usb 2.0 (haven't tested on usb 3.0 yet) and the scandisk one you have suggested will take ages to fill the whole 16GB at only 4MBPS of write speed...

aroraanant

Explorer
Get any of the following
Transcend JetFlash 500 16GB Pen Drive TS16GJF500
SanDisk 16GB Cruzer Blade Pen Drive
I have tested the sandisk one,its very good.
And even the transcend should be very good.

The transcend one i have suggested has 15MBPS and 30MBPS write and read speed respectively on usb 2.0 (haven't tested on usb 3.0 yet) and the scandisk one you have suggested will take ages to fill the whole 16GB at only 4MBPS of write speed...
Firstly its not scandisk,its sandisk.
And Bro the price for the particular pendrive is double so obviously some difference will be there but its not like sandisk will get a speed of only 4Mbps,one get much better speed than that around 10-20mbps,I have tested the 8GB sandisk and its pretty good.I have got a sony pen drive,and its better than that also.

aroraanant

Explorer
Get the memory card reader from local market.
Online they would charge you more.
Pick anyone in the market which you like.
You can get all in one in local market for under 100 bucks

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
To be honest when someone asks some data from me and if I see that the pen drive he is giving is Sandisk, I refuse to give data. :|

Worst pen drives ever. Never gives speeds > 5MB/s.

Transcend Jetflash or Corsair voyager are the one which should be looked at. My voyager gives 12MB/s.

Go for Corsair if you want peace of mind or Transcend if VFM.

aroraanant

Explorer
^^^
I have used many Sandisk pendrives and didn't found any problem regarding speed in any of them.But yes they launched special edition pen drives in white color.They really sucked but the original ones are very good.I don't why you people has such a bad experience.

The one model of transcend I have listed above is the basic model.
If you wanna/can shell out more then have a look at Transcend JetFlash 700 16GB Pen Drive (USB 3.0) (TS16GJF700)

Gauravs90

geek........
It will take more than 45min to fill a 16GB sandisk pendrive, it never gives speed more than 5MBPS on writing. In my experience whenever someone gives me 16gb pendrive the first thing I look into it is it's speed... If it's low I think I will die before it gets filled....

thatsashok

peace panda
But Corsair 16GB will cost >1.5k

i referred prime for prices

Corsair Flash Voyager = 850/-

Buy Corsair 16GB Pen Drive Flash Voyeger in Mumbai India

Corsair Voyager GT USB 3.0 = 1600 /-

Buy Flash Voyager GT USB 3.0 16GB USB Flash Drive in Mumbai India

But do Mail or contact primeabgb for the price quote including shipping for further confirmation

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
I also support Gauravs90 and dashing.sujay, I'm right now using that sandisk cuzer blade 16GB pendrive, I had another 8GB before that this.

I'd suggest not to go for Sandisk, it doesn't give speed. And yes, what others are saying is true, it would take whole year to fill that 16GB.

Better get something else.

As for you budget is not a problem, I don't see any reason to settle for Sandisk.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
But Corsair 16GB will cost >1.5k

I bought mine for 1075/- last month. Prime charges around 100 (not sure) for shipping. So it will be under 1000/-.

OP, go for Corsair, best speeds with durability, best part- one of the best warranty policies in India. You will even get your cap if you loose :p

OP
N

nx112

Broken In
Please poll b/w these two.Which one to pick??

1)-Transcend JetFlash 700 16GB Pen Drive (USB 3.0) (TS16GJF700)

2)-Corsair flash voyager usb 2.0

Please reply soon.I will order it in 3-4 days.

Top Bottom